Sign in to follow this  
II/JG17_HerrMurf

A General Request Regarding CloD/Blitz

When you make a post regarding CloD/Blitz could you put the game in the title. It is consistently confusing as to what we are talking about. I have pretty good reading comprehension but I am not yet in the habit of checking which forum header your titles fall under when I check "new content." I've been really confused, albeit briefly, as to why VR and AA was suddenly not working only to realize we were not talking about BoX a couple of responses in. Or I can just shut up and stop being lazy :)

I imagine I'm not the only one though. We will now also be talking about parallel AC in multiple threads across two platforms and I can see it getting messy pretty fast.

Thanks man,

HerrMurf

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
  • Upvote 2

Agreed.

Furthermore, I am a bit surprised that it was decided to republish CloD on the same storefront as BoX without any explicit caveats. 

Of course, the regulars of this forum will not be significantly harmed, but inexperienced players might be very confused. CloD still is a very different 'legacy' product. It also has the lowest price, meaning new customers wanting to try Il-2 might be taken by surprise when they get a game that is more difficult to configure. 

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

I have no problem with the forum, but when I view I just go by categories, ie General, Hardware, VR, etc. Cliffs is way down at the bottom of the listing.

Should not topics referring to the Dover series be in the CloD section at the bottom of the forum?

This is the section for Great Battles series.

If your standard forum surfing is “new content” and you don’t go to each sub forum individually it’s pretty confusing. It is admittedly a minor complaint and made partly in jest. I have old eyes and trying to read the fine print in an app can be difficult on the ol handheld.

When you make a post regarding CloD/Blitz could you put the game in the title. It is consistently confusing as to what we are talking about. I have pretty good reading comprehension but I am not yet in the habit of checking which forum header your titles fall under when I check "new content." I've been really confused, albeit briefly, as to why VR and AA was suddenly not working only to realize we were not talking about BoX a couple of responses in. Or I can just shut up and stop being lazy :)

I imagine I'm not the only one though. We will now also be talking about parallel AC in multiple threads across two platforms and I can see it getting messy pretty fast.

Agreed. I've accidentally posted in the wrong area, thinking I was in BoX, when it was CloD. :blush:

However, in "View New Content", it also shows the sub-forum. For example, HerrMurf's thread shows up in "new content" like this...

And, no, it is not clear which "General Discussion" this is.

So a quick fix would be to rename the CloD sub-forums as:

• CloD General Discussion
  • CloD Technical Assistance

That at least would point out the CloD forums on the "view new content".

• Upvote 1

If your standard forum setting is ' new content' the forum is taking over your life and you need an intervention before you hurt friends and family any more.

;)

This + 1!!! Come On Man! or     Come On Herr! Not sure of your gender so I want to be PC. Wait, that doesn't sound right.... Errrrrr..  Ummm. :rolleyes:

S!Blade<><

post-970-0-40895000-1513348769_thumb.jpg

Edited by BladeMeister