DDSnacko

Blitz Crashs on Start...

I get the new Logo and then the screen goes black with the logo on it for about 5-10 seconds, then crashes.

Event Log:

Faulting application name: Launcher64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59c99be6
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f775f
Faulting process id: 0x3f18
Faulting application start time: 0x01d375292a367b5f
Faulting application path: C:\My Steam C\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: adc91ce7-fb25-4395-b211-0c65270a9b01
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

It looks like a problem with the ntdll.dll..

I have turned off the Steam Overlays, and also Fraps.  I don't have any other overlays, and it doesn't look like a graphics problem.

I have also disabled my Kaspersy Internet Suite completely.  In Kaspersky it said the application group it was in was 'Low' Trusted.  I changed that to normal Trusted.  None of this helped.

I have a Win 10 x64 triple screen setup with an GTX 1080ti card and a ton of memory.

Hello Snacko

That looks like a 32 bit program is attempting to run while Blitz, which is 64 bit is launching... which causes a crash.

I thought Win 10 could run both 32 and 64 bit, so I don't quite understand what you are saying..

Snacko, are you by any chance using sweetfx or anything similar?

No, I just installed vanilla Blitz from steam and it crashes.  

I also have done a steam validate of the files..

Edited by DDSnacko

We are looking at these issues... in almost all cases we believe the problems relate to other 32 bit programs attempting to run while the game is launching in 64 bits.

Snacko... I assume when you installed/created your folders, you did so as an Admin?

I installed from Steam.  So how do I do that as Admin?  Am I supposed to run Steam as Admin?

I had the original Clod from steam with the TF mod.  Haven't flow it in a while.  I uninstalled that and installed Blitz today from Steam.

I installed from Steam.  So how do I do that as Admin?  Am I supposed to run Steam as Admin?

I had the original Clod from steam with the TF mod.  Haven't flow it in a while.  I uninstalled that and installed Blitz today from Steam.

Hello Snacko.... yes, please run all the installations and programs, including if you create the 'Documents' folder, as an Admin.

Ok, I have uninstalled Blitz and deleted the steam folder and the My Documents folder.  

I am running Steam as Admin and installing Blitz again.  Other than this I don't know how to install Blitz as Admin since I don't install it myself, steam does it.  And Steam also creates the My Documents folder.  

Also, I my User Account is the Administrator of my PC.

Hello Snacko.... yes, please run all the installations and programs, including if you create the 'Documents' folder, as an Admin.

Ok, I have closed Steam and then Run Steam as Admin.  I installed Blitz.

Then I ran Clod Blitz as Admin so it will create the My Documents folder as Admin.

And it still crashes with: Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll

Thanks for your reply on this Snacko.

We are working to find the issue.

If you wanted to do anything else, you could follow the directions in this thread and post any additional crash logs.

You could also look at the programs which are running while you attempt to launch Blitz and provide us with a list.

Attached to this post is the Windows Event Log for the Blitz startup crash, and a screenshot of everything that is Startup in my Windows 10 Home x64.

This website will not let me attach my Event Log files.  It gives this error: "Error You aren't permitted to upload this kind of file".  So I had to rename it to .txt.  Please rename the event log with the .evtx extension.

Snack

post-10152-0-77927800-1513353002_thumb.png

CloD Blitz Startup Crash Event Logs.txt

Hi, follow the log

Nome do aplicativo com falha: Launcher64.exe, versão: 1.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x59c99be6
Nome do módulo com falha: unknown, versão: 0.0.0.0, carimbo de data/hora: 0x00000000
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Deslocamento da falha: 0x000000017fff0004
ID do processo com falha: 0x239c
Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d375cf25f98359
Caminho do aplicativo com falha: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: unknown
ID do Relatório: 0887f12b-e3d6-4364-b341-8b5d21e53d31
Nome completo do pacote com falha: 
ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha: 

and also has this....

Aplicativo: Launcher64.exe
Versão do Framework: v4.0.30319
Descrição: O processo foi terminado devido a uma exceção sem tratamento.
Informações da Exceção: System.AccessViolationException
   em maddox.core.WRenderContext.create(System.String, System.String, Mode ByRef, Caps ByRef, Int32, Int32)
   em dHZgA5iUFxGiayAe4QQAuzWuSkf.haJDAUjfwcQdBtdmwT5yYb0zOaVA()
   em XJCcev6JFkbL7e0B0CCvakLJq2hA.dzo6Nu9eS8GqHAQ9fXhKDNO03se()
   em d5Gn5VMjOUNsojCydMleaJ3857P.ygY1c6ekw8USHakf4F0zT3HdV3W(d5Gn5VMjOUNsojCydMleaJ3857P, System.String[], System.String, System.String)
   em maddox.Launch.Program(System.String[])
   em Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

Edited by JAGER_Batz

Hello All

We are noticing many with crash problems have Logitech controllers... looking into this.

Hello there,

any news in this ? I've just installed the Blitz from steam and unfortunately can't run it. I tried the aforementioned steps with no luck. My stick is not from Logitech, but my mouse is. I can send the error from windows event viewer if needed. Thanks...

There was a steam update on 21/3 which rendered CloD Blitz non functional. IIRC the powers at hand are working to rectify the situation. There are several threads on the forum about it.

I tried it today and everything's working like a charm! Ok, I know it's been a lot of work, so another thank to all of you who work on this sim.

Edited by KlOff