eRoN

Clod Blitz doesn't start

I had not heard that one until just now.  That did fix it.  

But it doesn't fix it for good.  I have to unplug it every time I want to play Blitz.  I tried unplugging it and running blitz and then rebooting and plugging it back in.  But it still need to be unplugged every time I run Blitz.

At least I can play now.  But I hope that get's fixed.  

Cheers!

Snack

Game still doesn't launch for me despite trying all fixes. Any progress on fixing this?

Suddenly game start by its self. I don't know why but working now.

Only thing I was done is delete 1C Soft Club folder from My  Documents.

Problem is I was doing the same thing over and over but didn't start in the past and now start working. Strange but I don't care now when it is working.

• Upvote 1

Game still doesn't launch for me despite trying all fixes. Any progress on fixing this?

Hello eRON

Have you done a complete uninstall, followed by delete or re-naming of the il-2 CoD documents folder, followed by an install?

Also wise to check the Windows update status.

There are still a lot of bug reports they couldn't look at in their redmine bug tracker, so this could take time. Also if your problem is not the same as mine (though I'm not even sure since my "work-around" didn't seem to be working every time), perhaps you stand better chances by reporting the bug there.

It's a bit annoying there is no log to show. Perhaps if the file was flushed regularly it would give some hints?

Hello eRON

Have you done a complete uninstall, followed by delete or re-naming of the il-2 CoD documents folder, followed by an install?

Also wise to check the Windows update status.

Yes i did that on the first day it was released and my windows is fully up to date. I also restarted my computer.

Mine comes up with the small steam launch box then the larger windows message saying Launcher has stopped working. This is what it says are the problems:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: Launcher64.exe

Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0

Problem Signature 03: 59c99be6

Problem Signature 04: mscorlib

Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.36415

Problem Signature 06: 59a6635a

Problem Signature 07: 4528

Problem Signature 08: 13c

Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 8a76

Additional Information 2: 8a76493e5d7139cfcf1f20113b95e78c

Additional Information 3: ceea

Additional Information 4: ceeafa47c68a6c1a56fa40ef8c8ab0d9

Appreciate all the work that has gone into the new release (which looks incredible on You Tube), hope the launch blip isn't too difficult to rectify and sorry you are being given so much grief.

Edited by Muzzers1

I have the same issue with starting the game. log.txt says the following:

------------ BEGIN log session -------------
[10:30:18] INI: HotKey 'Joystick2+Key0' is unknown
[10:30:18] INI: HotKey 'Joystick+Key0' is unknown
[10:30:19]
[10:30:19] =================================================
[10:30:19] Main3D: Couldn't initialize render context:
[10:30:19] System.Exception: Error initialize D3D
[10:30:19]    at maddox.core.WRenderContext.create(String type, String title, Mode& initMode, Caps& initCaps, Int32 windowLeft, Int32 windowTop)
[10:30:19]    at dHZgA5iUFxGiayAe4QQAuzWuSkf.haJDAUjfwcQdBtdmwT5yYb0zOaVA()
[10:30:19]    at XJCcev6JFkbL7e0B0CCvakLJq2hA.dzo6Nu9eS8GqHAQ9fXhKDNO03se()
[10:30:19] =================================================

Will let you know if i get it working...

I resolved the issue. I have a built in Intel Graphics card and a NVIDIA. Even though I went into the NVIDIA settings and specifically set the NVIDIA as the default for the game, it did not work. I had to to the game folder in steamapps and right click the launcher64 and select use NVIDIA graphics processor.  

Saw a 6mb update. Still doesn't work.

Btw where is redmine bug tracker?

Saw a 6mb update. Still doesn't work.

Btw where is redmine bug tracker?

It's here, they put that in the general discussion subforum. But I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, I had reported the bug of CoD BLITZ not starting 11 days ago, they haven't even read it since (nor other problems reported there). I think they're just swamped, let's wait a few weeks for this to settle :)

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32948-please-report-any-issues-using-our-bugtracker-link-here/

https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/981

EDIT: Just checked, the patch doesn't solve the bug here either (if that is the same bug), it's still very random, would only start every once in a while.

And the log is still empty, still no flush implemented.

By the way, are you people really using a steering wheel?? For the ground vehicles?

Edited by Redglyph

By the way, are you people really using a steering wheel?? For the ground vehicles?

More often for rudder control I suppose - a popular, reasonable and cheap alternative solution until one can afford dedicated rudder pedals. Been there, done that for a few years. Obviously applies to those of us, who play race-sims and already have a wheel set anyway.

It's here, they put that in the general discussion subforum. But I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, I had reported the bug of CoD BLITZ not starting 11 days ago, they haven't even read it since (nor other problems reported there). I think they're just swamped, let's wait a few weeks for this to settle :)

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32948-please-report-any-issues-using-our-bugtracker-link-here/

https://www.tfbt.nuvturais.de/issues/981

EDIT: Just checked, the patch doesn't solve the bug here either (if that is the same bug), it's still very random, would only start every once in a while.

And the log is still empty, still no flush implemented.

Have you posted the issue on the atag forum?

More often for rudder control I suppose - a popular, reasonable and cheap alternative solution until one can afford dedicated rudder pedals. Been there, done that for a few years. Obviously applies to those of us, who play race-sims and already have a wheel set anyway.

Hello Art-J, so you're here too ;)

That's a very creative way to use a wheel, good thinking  :biggrin:  Thanks for enlighting me!

Have you posted the issue on the atag forum?

Not such a big deal for me, I can wait, and they have enough on their hands. I have posted here and on their bugtracker, I'm not registering at yet another place just for that. Thanks for the suggestion though :)

I also have the same problem.

I launch the application (via the steam interface or the launcher64.exe).

The process seems to launch for a few seconds as the "First time setup pop-up box" appears...then nothing. Doesn't even go the the first Logo screen or anything.

I remember it used to do exactly the same with CoD vanilla until I opted for the TeamFusion Beta in Steam (which by the way still works fine).

Intel i5-4460, 16 G RAM DDR3, GTX 970

I haven't  launch Blitz for a while and now it doesn't start.

log.txt contains:

[21:21:37]      =================================================
[21:21:37]      System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
[21:21:37]         at System.Number.ParseSingle(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
[21:21:37]         at 2E86BLgP0aBpxHfzeNfKp9O41nF.u78XEylabHJ4KNtSyQJFWdA9nRx()
[21:21:37]         at mrJx0KCTpYYH1oMj8kXpyqKgYFC..ctor(String , fBo3aLyRScQagqMfp6UFJzbGyrR , String )
[21:21:37]         at mrJx0KCTpYYH1oMj8kXpyqKgYFC.SC9Bknkwig7JUDAuztCeIMn44DN(String , fBo3aLyRScQagqMfp6UFJzbGyrR , String , Int32 , Int32 )
[21:21:37]         at j5NggSJ1FCrUlvjEFH2sdKTFZVF.y9pdmpk1m1PSXteXTE1lBM3Posd()
[21:21:37]         at zam5lnnBUDki0nl7mGXW7iJK1qL.Jy7D8VsHqtNXvYFHombDGwOcmVp(C3OBk1571XpTOKBpb0wLl0kSOiW )
[21:21:37]      =================================================

Hello Snacko and eRON

Regarding anyone having an issue with crashes:

For initial diagnostics it is best to post the full crash error you see come up.

Some of these errors are easily linkable to a cause.

For example in the error you might see the following:

The "BadImageFormatException" is because something is running at 32 bits (either windows or an overlay running in the background).

The "PermissionDeniedException" is due to not having permissions to read or write some file. Most likely due to not running the game as an Admin, or previously having created the Documents folder as an Admin and not doing it for the 4.5 install.

We recommend those who are having problems to enable the logfile.

This is done in the conf.ini file in your Documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/ folder.

[Console]

IP=20001

UseStartLog=1

WRAP=1

PAUSE=1

HISTORY=1024

HISTORYCMD=1024

PAGE=20

LOG=1

LOGTIME=1

LOAD=console.cmd

SAVE=console.cmd

LOGFILE=log.txt

LOGKEEP=1

This keeps a record of the game operation in a file called: log.txt

When you have a problem, open the log file, look at what is there and post it in the technical assistance forum.

My CLoD Bloitz game wont launch...4.3 launches ok, BoS works fine but somehopw Blitz no longer will launch. I uninstalled and reinstalled with no luck. Attached is a pic of my Launcher error. Please help get my Blitz game back up and running

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Application Error" />
  <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
  <Level>2</Level>
  <Task>100</Task>
  <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-01-26T22:15:15.410665900Z" />
  <EventRecordID>99508</EventRecordID>
  <Channel>Application</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-UA104JK</Computer>
  <Security />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data>Launcher64.exe</Data>
  <Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
  <Data>59c99be6</Data>
  <Data>steamclient64.dll</Data>
  <Data>4.33.42.66</Data>
  <Data>5a6abc08</Data>
  <Data>c0000005</Data>
  <Data>0000000000853ecd</Data>
  <Data>152c</Data>
  <Data>01d396f322c17aea</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe</Data>
  <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamclient64.dll</Data>
  <Data>301ecd5b-e8eb-4579-8f14-2387c90a1bb2</Data>
  <Data />
  <Data />
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Edited by Jaydog

Within the past 36 hours I've lost launch capability on the laptop I've been running the games on since July 2017, for both "BLITZ" and its predecessor, "Cliffs." As of 12 hours ago, these games still ran on our desktop.

I have followed what Lay advice I could understand. 

I have un-installed/re-installed "Cliffs," "BLITZ," and "STEAM".  Until I re-installed STEAM this morning, "Cliffs" was still launching fine.

Again, I've been playing both these games on my laptop since July 2017; now I don't even get the overlays. Once I click "play," I see "Running," after which, if it doesn't just stop, I may get a few seconds of "Syncing" before all progress is halted. 

Although both games were purchased through STEAM, their official stance is that it's not their problem.

Need assistance. Standing-by.

Cheers!

"Zig-Zag"

Within the past 36 hours I've lost launch capability on the laptop I've been running the games on since July 2017, for both "BLITZ" and its predecessor, "Cliffs." As of 12 hours ago, these games still ran on our desktop.

I have followed what Lay advice I could understand. 

I have un-installed/re-installed "Cliffs," "BLITZ," and "STEAM".  Until I re-installed STEAM this morning, "Cliffs" was still launching fine.

Again, I've been playing both these games on my laptop since July 2017; now I don't even get the overlays. Once I click "play," I see "Running," after which, if it doesn't just stop, I may get a few seconds of "Syncing" before all progress is halted. 

Although both games were purchased through STEAM, their official stance is that it's not their problem.

Need assistance. Standing-by.

Cheers!

"Zig-Zag"

Can you let us know your system specs and the programs you are running?

Edited by Buzzsaw

Part 1: System Specs:

Manufacture:                                   TOSHIBA

Model:                                               Satellite C75D-B

Processor:                                         AMD A8-6410 APU Radeon R5 Graphics                  2.00 GHz

Installed memory (RAM):              6.00 GB (4.96GB usable)

System type:                                     64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch:                                No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

Could you please clarify "the programs you are running?"

Thank you,

Zig-Zag*

If "Programs Running" can be identified my Task Manager, I have Google Chrome, Malwarebytes Tray Application (32 bit), Steam Client Bootstrapper (32 bit), and TeamSpeak 3 Client running at present.

Thank you,

Zig-Zag*

Processor:                                         AMD A8-6410 APU Radeon R5 Graphics                  2.00 GHz

System type:                                     64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch:                                No Pen or Touch Input is available for this Display

Thank you,

Zig-Zag*

If "Programs Running" can be identified my Task Manager, I have Google Chrome, Malwarebytes Tray Application (32 bit), Steam Client Bootstrapper (32 bit), and TeamSpeak 3 Client running at present.

Thank you,

Zig-Zag*

I would recommend you shut down Google Chrome and Malwarebytes.

Ctrl-Alt-Del, and close them.

Do you have an Anti-virus program running as well?

Thank you,

Zig-Zag*

Thank you,

Zig-Zag*

Install NET 4.7.1. https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/thank-you/net471

For further info check here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ighlight=crash

"All files were downloaded successfully."

.NET Framework 4.7.1 installed.

It's taking a bloody long time, but hasn't crashed yet.

Overlay! (double Overlay, actually)

Loaded! 

It took about 4 minutes.

Let's hope this is it.

Thanks, Mate!

Cheers!

Zig-Zag* 

*RESOLUTION to my issue: I needed the .NET 4.7.1 download.

Edited by Zig-Zag*

If i look into my Log it says the following

[16:03:19]    
[16:03:19]    =================================================
[16:03:19]    System.SystemException: TableFunction2 'ArtilleryShotPanzer'error: increased val for arg0
[16:03:19]       bei V8wqGgrTYa6kPzQv1HvmtBF6SE2jPXi8dpEKUMOElEKQ.utFpcawdsFVhBLR$1rKGBXc(String )
[16:03:19]       bei V8wqGgrTYa6kPzQv1HvmtBF6SE2jPXi8dpEKUMOElEKQ.bIgze9ZF6xP4yGveB4Ll6Hc(Int32 , Int32 )
[16:03:19]       bei V8wqGgrTYa6kPzQv1HvmtBF6SE2jPXi8dpEKUMOElEKQ.cgwYxvtjdYTkHe0Y8HNUrT4(String , LRH7_65UV7hEzFHWbEPg3ygGrcrdXwAjZ7$f9O9vBhF8 , String , Int32 , Int32 )
[16:03:19]       bei Hll6QkGlFy0jX1VSgb5KyD9ic6iMLxzE8N8RcfExfDLO.V4e_D9IsZFy9PC4m8qrZwRc()
[16:03:19]       bei RIBv6rZ4rWCEDrD_jR11yJglo$kmWoA8pzekY30BkcFZ.7QluRnmO8ZpLg$YSO2skO3zJF_qc6tTu7yNIbVQgGBcu(Lo$0_Jd2GLP0cKNomP_owKPcqVERqooMPlcDZSRoYor$ )

does anyone know what it means becouse i do not understand it.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:29 AM, Nervig said:

If i look into my Log it says the following

[16:03:19]    
[16:03:19]    System.SystemException: TableFunction2 'ArtilleryShotPanzer'error: increased val for arg0
[16:03:19]       bei V8wqGgrTYa6kPzQv1HvmtBF6SE2jPXi8dpEKUMOElEKQ.utFpcawdsFVhBLR$1rKGBXc(String )
[16:03:19]       bei V8wqGgrTYa6kPzQv1HvmtBF6SE2jPXi8dpEKUMOElEKQ.bIgze9ZF6xP4yGveB4Ll6Hc(Int32 , Int32 )
[16:03:19]       bei V8wqGgrTYa6kPzQv1HvmtBF6SE2jPXi8dpEKUMOElEKQ.cgwYxvtjdYTkHe0Y8HNUrT4(String , LRH7_65UV7hEzFHWbEPg3ygGrcrdXwAjZ7$f9O9vBhF8 , String , Int32 , Int32 )
[16:03:19]       bei Hll6QkGlFy0jX1VSgb5KyD9ic6iMLxzE8N8RcfExfDLO.V4e_D9IsZFy9PC4m8qrZwRc()
[16:03:19]       bei RIBv6rZ4rWCEDrD_jR11yJglo$kmWoA8pzekY30BkcFZ.7QluRnmO8ZpLg$YSO2skO3zJF_qc6tTu7yNIbVQgGBcu(Lo$0_Jd2GLP0cKNomP_owKPcqVERqooMPlcDZSRoYor$ )

does anyone know what it means becouse i do not understand it.

Have you built a mission which includes ground units?

Before anything, would suggest you verify your install.