Jason_Williams

Discussion About CLOD:BLITZ Launch and Announcement

Launch Cliffs, go into options, choose "Realism", look at the top-right of the screen, you should see "Visual Aids". Untick all the boxes. Enjoy :)

Thank you Mystic...I'll check it out  :good:

Thank you for reply Buzz. Any idea what is with the skins? As i said before, this option is not working, when i want change skin for Bf or Hurries, still i see defalt skin.

Hey Baron I don't see your message now about your joystick, did you figure it out?

Launch Cliffs, go into options, choose "Realism", look at the top-right of the screen, you should see "Visual Aids". Untick all the boxes. Enjoy :)

Thank you Mystic...I'll check it out  :good:

Besides this you can Right Click over the map and customize what you want see, example leaving only the enemy planes icons and so having a less cluttered "GPS". ;)

• Upvote 1

Besides this you can Right Click over the map and customize what you want see, example leaving only the enemy planes icons and so having a less cluttered "GPS". ;)

OK...cool....thanks again my friend.. ;)

I was thinking a couple of weeks ago what a shame it was that I could not get Cliffs of Dover to work satisfactorily. To be offered a revised version for free just before Christmas was a surprise and a delight. I have spent a couple of hours flying and done cross countries in a Beaufighter, Hurricane and 109E and it is a vastly improved experience. I can now navigate and land by using the cockpit instruments with no HUD and formation flying seems to be a lot easier. Got into a spot of bother at Hawkinge when I found I had not correctly set up the undercarriage but otherwise the controls were straightforward to assign. I have a Warthog throttle and joystick so ample buttons available for what I need. Clouds still seem to jump out in front of you from a clear sky but that may be my settings and needs further investigation. As I was crossing Romney Marshes at low level I noticed a windmill with the sails turning! Whether the kind folks at Team Fusion who spent their time (for free) fixing this game did a massive amount of work or only enough for things to work properly and the original to realise its potential I don't know but they deserve heartiest congratulations from the community. A flyable Beaufighter would have been cause enough for celebration but all the additional aircraft are a tremendous bonus. I would emphatically recommend having another go at Cliffs with the new edition. Thanks to all involved.

Ouston

• Upvote 3

Hey Baron I don't see your message now about your joystick, did you figure it out?

Hallo mate, i hadnt any problem with my joy  - using Thrustmaster Warthog (only personal vote - nothing better is not for players). Joy was configured very fast in game option.

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

Guys how to subjugate force feedback, for me the best what I did was deleting all effect beside spring but how reduce it force. In this patch it strength significantly increased (I'm guessing this is derivative from new Spit FM). Other issue I have is elevator trim on axis is very touchy almost impossible to set level flight, just tiny move up/down and plane start climbing or descending.

Salutations Pilots,

I download my free copy of 'Blitz' today from Steam. I waited until now to avoid any of the initial problems reported. My experience.... it downloaded fine and loaded with no problems. The game starts with no problems. :mellow: 

As a superficial initial review, it looks great graphically except for the Menu lettering. They often blend into the background image. This should have been spotted and corrected before release but it definitely isn't a game breaker. I started the game and entered into Free Flight. The cockpit graphics are great. Caveat,  I haven't gotten into setting up my control settings yet.

Initial conclusion....  'Blitz' looks very promising.  :salute: 

I have a little child (1 yearold), so no many time to "fly" after job

Anyway, I tried Blitz yesterday for a couple of hours and... Impressive

Looks like it's very smooth, and I run on a pretty old machine (AMD FX6300, GTX 750ti, WIn10).

I really enjoyed.

No problem for the install, evrything was ok.

Two things I really like:

enemy evasive maneuver and reflections on gauges, very immersive feeling.

I see it's more difficult to take off, but maybe I have to tweak setting.

Thank you TF, and greeting to all simmers

Max

• Upvote 1

How can I imstall Blitz ? i ahve the original Il2 Clod on my steam but cannot seem tO UPGRADE

As I was watching the trailer for this an Olegism popped into my mind - something critical of a book reporting "a Spitfire made of a wood."  :russian_ru:   Anyone remember the exact quote?

"Spitfire made of wood? Close that book and never open again." - Oleg mf-ing Maddox.   :biggrin:

How can I imstall Blitz ? i ahve the original Il2 Clod on my steam but cannot seem tO UPGRADE

It doesn't upgrade the old game, it installs a new one.

It runs smooth on my rig. No issues yet. I'm just not a fan of some of the new effects.

Edited by Jaws2002
  • Upvote 1

Attention: Jason Williams

Jason, I have just downloaded the latest upgrade for Blitz, thank you, it looks good. I like the colour rendering of the land texture and better distance. All flyable aircraft look good with one exception, the Ju88. I am not able to jump around the aircraft using my 'C' key, therefore I can't access the bomb sight. Also the propeller pitch doesn't seem to work and another small thing the water gauges in the cockpit have their centigrade symbols reversed.

In the old COD, I made a Ju88 Campaign, so I am trying to rebuild this into 'Blitz'. Can I upload the old campaign into 'Blitz' or do I have to re-create it?

Look forward to hearing from you.

DFLion

58 minutes ago, DFLion said:

In the old COD, I made a Ju88 Campaign, so I am trying to rebuild this into 'Blitz'. Can I upload the old campaign into 'Blitz' or do I have to re-create it?

DFLion

It should work, all the old campaigns work in CloDB.

5 hours ago, DFLion said:

I am not able to jump around the aircraft using my 'C' key, therefore I can't access the bomb sight.

Look in Options > Realism > Aircraft Switch  >  If "Cannot switch positions" is ticked, if are prevents certain this juggling. :)

JU-88 Propeller Pitch control work (if "complex engine management" is ticked) but the keys/buttons assigned for increase/decrease work in inverted way in Germans planes what probable suggest that don't work, as when press increase nothing happens. An typical "It's CloD!". :)

Edited by Sokol1

Thanks FFS-cybermat47 and Sokol1. I have got the 'switching positions in the aircraft' working, unfortunately with 'complex engine management' ticked the pitch control on the Ju88 is still not working (it permanently sits half way on the graphic) - could be a programming problem here? It works ok in the older version.

DFLion

Before I post I did a test with Ju88 A-1 in Blitz version and are working - I just have to use the keys mapped for increase/decreased P.Pitch in inverse way.

Ju-88_PP.jpg

Other thing to check: in Options > Realism >  is if "Anthropomorphic Controls" are un-ticked, ticked this feature cause issues with controllers that use potentiometers, their spikes block other controls.

BTW - If you are trying use an axis for this command will not work in proportional way, as the control (in RL) planes is done by an ON-OFF-ON switch and the graphic sliders of engine controls reflect this, the P.Pitch axis lever are always on center and move up or down when you press and hold the keys, when release the keys go back to center.

On 28/03/2018 at 4:05 PM, DFLion said:

Attention: Jason Williams

Jason, I have just downloaded the latest upgrade for Blitz, thank you, it looks good. I like the colour rendering of the land texture and better distance. All flyable aircraft look good with one exception, the Ju88. I am not able to jump around the aircraft using my 'C' key, therefore I can't access the bomb sight. Also the propeller pitch doesn't seem to work and another small thing the water gauges in the cockpit have their centigrade symbols reversed.

DFLion

Hello Lion

Your requests should be directed to me, not Jason Williams... I am the coordinating developer for TF.

Glad to hear most of your questions have been resolved by the answers from Sokol, etc.   (thanks again Sokol for all your help)

On 3/31/2018 at 6:17 AM, Buzzsaw said:

Hello Lion

Your requests should be directed to me, not Jason Williams... I am the coordinating developer for TF.

Glad to hear most of your questions have been resolved by the answers from Sokol, etc.   (thanks again Sokol for all your help)

Hey Buzzsaw perhaps you could get it set up with the forum admins so your posts appear as "developer posts" like the regular IL2 devs do in the forums? (With the red name and green background on the posts) It might make it more evident to people who don't know the names of all the devs.

Does anyone have the dynamic campaign for CLOD Blitz released byOden.  For some reason after exiting from a mission, the campaign does not advance.  I keep staying stuck on the first day.  I am using release 5. 

Here is a link to the website that has this awesome dynamic campaign.  I found out about it through a steam review.

http://odenhouse.servegame.com/

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong so that I can advance the campaign?

Sounds like file writing fails, did you add/update your config files with scriptAppDomain = 0 as shown under "Install"?

Edit: Nope, you're correct. There's a null reference error now. Will look at this during the weekend.

Edit 2: Was me having double R5 versions in 1C Softclub folder (wrong file set was found and updated), works fine for me now that I've cleaned up my 1C folder.

Edited by theOden

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:29 AM, Sokol1 said:

Before I post I did a test with Ju88 A-1 in Blitz version and are working - I just have to use the keys mapped for increase/decreased P.Pitch in inverse way.

Ju-88_PP.jpg

Other thing to check: in Options > Realism >  is if "Anthropomorphic Controls" are un-ticked, ticked this feature cause issues with controllers that use potentiometers, their spikes block other controls.

BTW - If you are trying use an axis for this command will not work in proportional way, as the control (in RL) planes is done by an ON-OFF-ON switch and the graphic sliders of engine controls reflect this, the P.Pitch axis lever are always on center and move up or down when you press and hold the keys, when release the keys go back to center.

Thanks for this information Sokol1, I have got it now!! With the manual German pitch you hit the increase and decrease keys watching the pitch 'clock' gauge which moves and holds position, the pitch levers then automatically center.

I have just upgraded one of my earlier campaigns, about 18 missions (JG26) to 'Blitz' standards. I am very impressed with what the team has done. Plus's 1. Engine sounds are much better. 2. I like the aircraft canopies, glinting in the sun on the ground when you are in the air. 3. The wind direction problem has been solved, you can now take-off and land in most directions using the prevailing wind. 4. The flak sounds and tracer rounds are much more realistic. 5. A 12 plane take-off and form up works much better, after setting the aircraft tracks. 6. Dog fight dynamics are working well. 7. All airfields have been changed to be more historically realistic. Minus's 1. I would like to see pilot oxygen masks coming on over 10,000 feet 2. In the mission builder it would be good if you could see the enemy ai aircraft track timings appear on the map test playing the mission during the building stage, this would help you create a more accurate intercept in the actual mission. Does the 'pass through trigger' still work in Blitz? This would solve the problem. DFLion

does the 'pass through trigger' still work in Blitz? This would solve the problem. DFLion

"Pass Through" trigger was broken in some of Lutier patches  - for work you need add lines in script area in FMB, not sure but think is this.

public override void OnTrigger(int missionNumber, string shortName, bool active) 
    {
       base.OnTrigger(missionNumber, shortName, active); 

if ("Name of Pass Through trigger".Equals(shortName) && active) 
          { 
                AiAction action = GamePlay.gpGetAction(("Name of Pass Through trigger"); 
                GamePlay.gpLogServer(null, "Test success", new object[] { }); //Testmessage
                if (action != null)
               {
                     action.Do();
               }
                GamePlay.gpGetTrigger(shortName).Enable = false;            
          }
    }

If is not this I suggest dig in the "deceased" Banana's_drama forum. :)

On 06/04/2018 at 12:00 AM, Scotters said:

Does anyone have the dynamic campaign for CLOD Blitz released byOden. 

An update was released this week:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4301748/theoden#Post4301748

Edited by Sokol1

Impossible  to set up the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. I have requested a refund and get noithing but a run around. I have contacted the Florida Office of the Attorney General, and the Federal Trade Commission to assess other complaints similar to mine. The game is being sold but it is not ready for even rudimentary use.  I contend the product was sold but it is not complete or functional even with a generic joystick. If you have a similar problem please provide feedback to this post. Notice there is no where in the forums which addresses REFUNDS. Please informs your friends and acquantances of the problems in setting up the joysticks and the the game should be avoided at all costs.

7 minutes ago, Santana said:

Impossible  to set up the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. I have requested a refund and get noithing but a run around. I have contacted the Florida Office of the Attorney General, and the Federal Trade Commission to assess other complaints similar to mine. The game is being sold but it is not ready for even rudimentary use.  I contend the product was sold but it is not complete or functional even with a generic joystick. If you have a similar problem please provide feedback to this post. Notice there is no where in the forums which addresses REFUNDS. Please informs your friends and acquantances of the problems in setting up the joysticks and the the game should be avoided at all costs.

Jeez, you Americans like to overreact. There are many satisfied users of the game that are quite happy with it. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Santana said:

Hello Santana

Love Carlos too.  😉

Regarding setting up your joystick... there are many persons in the community with Logitech joysticks who have no problem in setting them up.

I would request you post what exactly your problems are... be specific.

Include your system specs etc.

Post in the Technical section.

On 8/29/2019 at 9:20 AM, Santana said:

should have bought it through steam, they give refunds, at first I thought you were complaining about your joystick. Maybe it's just a compatibility problem, I have a thrustmaster T1600 (not expensive) before you dump the game, try a different joystick, my thrustmaster works like a dream, by the way the Thrustmaster is also 3D with twist rudders.

Edited by onlyforbrian
added info

On 8/29/2019 at 7:20 AM, Santana said:

Just tried this stick, works fine. 

Instead of your above post, just ask for help, you'll get it.