Jason_Williams

Discussion About CLOD:BLITZ Launch and Announcement

Congratulations! Your efforts have gong a long way to realising the full potential of this sim over the years. This update in particular has removed a lot of what made me fly so seldomly.

As I was watching the trailer for this an Olegism popped into my mind - something critical of a book reporting "a Spitfire made of a wood."  :russian_ru:   Anyone remember the exact quote?

• Upvote 1

But I can´t find the He 111, Ju 88 ore the Ju87. "Blitz" without the german bomber- epic fail. Will wait till we get them...

???????????????????

no have germans bombers????????????????????

???????????????????

no have germans bombers????????????????????

He was mistaking the "additional planes" to be the only planes available. Of course it has german bombers :D

Thank you for improving those horrible gun sounds!!!

It might sound petty, but they were one of the biggest turn offs for me.

Is CLOD heavier to run than BoX?

I play on a laptop with an i7-6700HQ, 16GB of RAM and a GTX950M and BoX run smoothly on Balanced setting (with SSAO, HDR and AA on 4). I tried CLOD with Medium setting at first then at Low (with no additional things clicked), yet there was not much improvements...

Except buying a real PC :) , any suggestions on graphics set up?

It's nice to see things going forward in Clod too!

Downloaded the game yesterday for the first time in couple of years. Haven't had much time to fly lately but hopefully enough to give Clod some testing soon. Nice list of improvements you got there :)

Thx for this great game, few questions, i notice no team fusions campaigns now, also why is this blitz version 2 to 3 GB smaller than my original steam clod install, what was taking out ? cheers

There appears to be two errors occuring simultaneously.
First the application error:

Faulting application name: Launcher64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59c99be6
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x4736733c
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000013fb8
Faulting process ID: 0x34d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d375a80c0487e1
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 2a1b66a7-c54a-4c57-9406-6c1b9617019d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

At the same time, there is a .NET Runtime error (event ID 1026):

Faulting application name: Launcher64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59c99be6
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x4736733c
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000013fb8
Faulting process ID: 0x34d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d375a80c0487e1
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\Launcher64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 2a1b66a7-c54a-4c57-9406-6c1b9617019d
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Also, I am not even getting a config.ini file in the ...Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover path.

Thank you for improving those horrible gun sounds!!!

Well, ears and taste everyone has his owns, but British weapons sounds of Blitz suffer a downgrade relative to 4.312.  :(

For some players having issues with the game crashing when launched, TFS member Kling posted the following:

"Guys, we THINK this might be overloaded USB ports.

Can you pls try unplugging your joystick and start the game. So far those who got it working did it by unplugging their sticks and then changing USB plug. If you have a USB hub with external power source, pls try this! We need to nail it down!

Try to start the game without the stick plugged in first! Seem to be an issue for Logitech.. but that is just a guess from my side.!"

Installed it and ran it. Somewhat disappointing. There are some improvements yes, but there is still a ridiculous amount of bugs, on top of an abysmal performance.

Back to the eastern front for now.

Edited by Pupo

I use an external powered usb hub with plenty of input devices attached. But I don't encountered this problem.

On my side everything just runs fine.

He was mistaking the "additional planes" to be the only planes available. Of course it has german bombers :D

thanks i see it, im playing and i think that this sim have betters things than bos

thanks i see it, im playing and i think that this sim have betters things than bos

It has England and the iconic cliffs of Dover, for one ;)

I really enjoy the clickable cockpit, that's one feature that I'm missing dearly in BoS, there are just too many commands for a keyboard and a joystick, some of them not used often enough to justify mapping (even less remembering).

The damages and failures seem pretty nice too! :) I don't know if they are realistic though I'm confident they made sure they were. For example I had what seem to be a governor failure, and nasty vibrations would only occur at some RPMs. Visual damages are quite good too, that's always been taken care of in the IL-2 series (compared to DCS and others).

It's also possible to start the airplane properly, and since the mouse can be used to access switches like the magnetos and so on, it makes it quite easy. All that is nice for realism and immersion, even if I know many people in IL-2 don't really care about that.

I have to check if there is a refuel, reload (or even repair) possibility on airfields, that's another feature I miss in BoS.

Also to check, whether the missions are now stable and not crashing randomly as it was the case before, that's actually why I never bothered with the original or modded versions of CoD.

On the negative side, the menus and notices are unreadable, with white-on-white's and similar aberrations. Not a deal breaker, however. The whole environment is really game-ish, but that was most probably on purpose back then.

The training missions are not always working, I tried the landing mission and as soon as the user has control (they must guess when, by the way), the plane was not responding correctly and it crashed. On the take-off mission it wasn't the case, but again the user has to guess when he has control, I don't understand why it's not from the beginning. And the gauges seem to be erratic (altitude jumping randomly between two settings apparently). Those are minor issues, again.

Much appreciated, finally, is the bug report system. A nice improvement over BoS, for which reports (that are usually stacked in one messy thread) seem to be ignored, or at the very least it's hard to know whether they are read, or if the user is just not doing something properly.

The training missions are not always working, I tried the landing mission and as soon as the user has control (they must guess when, by the way), the plane was not responding correctly and it crashed. On the take-off mission it wasn't the case, but again the user has to guess when he has control, I don't understand why it's not from the beginning. And the gauges seem to be erratic (altitude jumping randomly between two settings apparently). Those are minor issues, again.

Like some things in CloD, example Antropomorphic Controls, "Gunner fear" - things that seems good idea on papper but result bugged due bad implementation, this TRAINING module don't teach nothing for anyone other than patience or hate CloD. :(

Most of their scripts/triggers are broken.

TFS make a good thing if remove this module from game (when look at SP part of the game). 

Edited by Sokol1

Well, there ARE still some launch issues. Most of the time I have to set Steam offline or IL2 will just remain in limbo and not actually launch, I don't know if that software needs to connect to a server but perhaps it's the problem (now I don't see why it should).

And TrackIR does not always activate.

Like some things in CloD, example Antropomorphic Controls, "Gunner fear" - things that seems good idea on papper but result bugged due bad implementation, this TRAINING module don't teach nothing for anyone other than patience or hate CloD.  :(

Most of their scripts/triggers are broken.

TFS make a good thing if remove this module from game (when look at SP part of the game). 

As for for the training, I suppose that's something that could be fixed, and it's still nice for people who are new to IL-2. The concept is nice, I would even extend the training to a proper one, actually.

EDIT: wow, what is happening to THIS forum website?! Seems like posting is becoming hard.

Edited by Redglyph

Have been looking forward to the update for a while and really enjoyed playing it. I did notice that the spit seemed really unsteady when trying to take off - wings dipping either side as if the wheels weren't balanced. Any tips?

Guys, i can not change ANY skin in game. Any help?

P.S. is somewhere any swastika enabler? Old SE not working correctly.

Edited by I./JG1_Baron

SE are a 32 bit application, Blitz is 64 bits. Author say that will look at this... in future.

I just downloaded through steam and tried playing...everything loaded fine but...hey... no joystick !! Say what? I went into options and you have 2 tabs "Keys" and "axes" ...so how do I choose joystick option?? I didn't see any box to check, no calibration option...nadda...so what gives? I'm not about to play using my keyboard

I just downloaded through steam and tried playing...everything loaded fine but...hey... no joystick !! Say what? I went into options and you have 2 tabs "Keys" and "axes" ...so how do I choose joystick option?? I didn't see any box to check, no calibration option...nadda...so what gives? I'm not about to play using my keyboard

You have to map everything by yourself. In keys section you put all the buttons (both keyboard and joystick-throttle) and in the axes section you map the various axes (joystick-throttle-pedals). You just need sometime and to plan it.

Have been looking forward to the update for a while and really enjoyed playing it. I did notice that the spit seemed really unsteady when trying to take off - wings dipping either side as if the wheels weren't balanced. Any tips?

Make sure you are taking off into the wind, or as close as possible. A little aileron as well to counter the wind/dipping.

You have to map everything by yourself. In keys section you put all the buttons (both keyboard and joystick-throttle) and in the axes section you map the various axes (joystick-throttle-pedals). You just need sometime and to plan it.

too much nonsense.... I'll just delete it but thanks anyway

@Onlyfor Brian:

Axis and keys allow for more options. Obviously choose axis for your joystick but you could also put the rad or mixture on an axis, or you can put them to a key/button push on the key tab rather the axis tab.

Mapping took 2 minutes at most for the main controls, quite easy. :)

I just wish I could have both a button and the usual pedal axes for the brakes though (MFG not being very robust with the brakes, it's best to have a backup, or not use them too often). But ground ops are optional, and these airplanes don't really brake anyway :P

I didn't find a way to tune the axes but I haven't looked very hard, perhaps it's just not there?

too much nonsense.... I'll just delete it but thanks anyway

looks like we need an "onlyforbrian" edition

Mapping took 2 minutes at most for the main controls, quite easy. :)

I just wish I could have both a button and the usual pedal axes for the brakes though (MFG not being very robust with the brakes, it's best to have a backup, or not use them too often). But ground ops are optional, and these airplanes don't really brake anyway :P

I didn't find a way to tune the axes but I haven't looked very hard, perhaps it's just not there?

You can have both. The buttons are full on but fine for dabbing. 

Axis tuning is basic but effective - its the sensitivity slider you see when you click on the axis you want to tame. The further right you slide it, the greater the s-curve around the centre. 

• Upvote 1

Axis tuning is basic but effective - its the sensitivity slider you see when you click on the axis you want to tame. The further right you slide it, the greater the s-curve around the centre. 

First time I tried with button+axis, it removed one, but I think I did something wrong, I'll try again.

I missed that slided, thanks! :) 

First time I tried with button+axis, it removed one, but I think I did something wrong, I'll try again.

I missed that slided, thanks! :) 

Sorry for strange double-post, but those forums are really acting up

You can't assign an axis in Keys tab but can assign a Button/Key in Axes tab, but this button/key became a modifier for that axis - the axis will only send command in the button/key is held pressed.

The idea is use an axis for more than one command  - but in practice don't work well because when you will use this axis for the 2nd function the command jump for adjust used for 1st command and vice versa.  :wacko:

What you can do is:

Assign the button send by MFG brake pedal in Keys tab for "Wheel Brakes"* and their two brake axis in Axes tab for "Right and Left" Brake.

The first assignment will work for British/Italian planes as Fake "toes brake" and the second assignment for Germans planes as normal "Toe brakes"

* Select the "Wheel Brakes" and press the left brake pedal - let's assume that this send button 1.

Then highlight "Wheel Brakes" again, then click bellow in NEW (1) and now press the right brake pedal - lets assume that this send button 2.

In game if you press right pedal brake (button 2) and move rudder pedal bar for right will brake both wheels in British/Italian planes, same pressing left brake pedal (button 1) and this will not affect German planes like happens in Bo'X (there due support for "3-in-1" joysticks users).

(1) Unless for AXES (2), any command in KEY tab can be replicate through the button "NEW" how many times you want, this result useful for overcoming certain controls limitations.

So if one want map 5 different keys/buttons for "Bail out" he can, just need use the "NEW" button.  ;)

(2) What in the end prevents the "stabilizer adjust on joystick elevator axis" like some "smart" people do in Bo'X.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Sokol1 and everyone else...I'm slowly figuring it out, So I really appreciate all the help...great community... like I said, I'm 71, so the mind slowly goes lol

• Upvote 2

looks like we need an "onlyforbrian" edition

I would buy one.

Guys, i can not change ANY skin in game. Any help?

P.S. is somewhere any swastika enabler? Old SE not working correctly.

The old third party historical markings program is not working.

I understand a third party is working on a new 4.5 compatible version... when it will be ready is unclear.

I have a problem - my yoistick is not visible to the game and I can not set the control parameters :( I have saitek x 45. I am waiting for support for VR. When will there be such support? How do I make the game recognize my yoistick because I can not set up the plane control. for answer.or solution

Thank you for reply Buzz. Any idea what is with the skins? As i said before, this option is not working, when i want change skin for Bf or Hurries, still i see defalt skin.

I'm slowly getting things sorted out thanks to all the help, but one little glitch I've discovered  is that I managed to assign key "M" to open map in flight.. but something is not right, because when I open the map, it's empty, so I'm having a heck of a time finding the other planes. I remember in the original COD, the map would show all the planes and their locations on the map..blue for friendlies, red for enemy.. any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

I'm slowly getting things sorted out thanks to all the help, but one little glitch I've discovered  is that I managed to assign key "M" to open map in flight.. but something is not right, because when I open the map, it's empty, so I'm having a heck of a time finding the other planes. I remember in the original COD, the map would show all the planes and their locations on the map..blue for friendlies, red for enemy.. any idea what I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Launch Cliffs, go into options, choose "Realism", look at the top-right of the screen, you should see "Visual Aids". Untick all the boxes. Enjoy :)