II./JG27_Rich

How is your trackir working?

Anyone else having trackir problems with this sim. Mime works great in Cliffs of Dover but in BOS it's twitchy city. :(

Anyone else having trackir problems with this sim. Mime works great in Cliffs of Dover but in BOS it's twitchy city. :(

None here at all, in fact I am using the same profile in BOS that I am using in Cliffs, I do not see any difference in my Track IR behavior between the two.

Don't know why it would be different for you?

I was using a 4 with the 4.xx software and it was giving me fits.. so far with the 5 I have no major problems.. I think my problem was the TIR SW though.. because it would also go wonky in other sims..

Make sure it is loading the correct profile you want to use when you launch BOS.

To be sure if you have not already, load the profile up and tick the " exclusive load" box, then you know for sure the correct profile will be loaded...

The biggest issue i have with the perihperal is how low my chair is in comparison to the sensor. it can make looking up twitchy

• Upvote 1

I use my ROF profile, it works fine.

Be aware that ROF needed more in game head movement than other sims. The tendency is to move your head so much that the TIR sensor loses sight of the reflectors. Setting steeper curves in your TIR profile gets round this.

• Upvote 1

Which kind of problems?

Yesterday I thought the same. In CoD I go the cockpit and adjust the TrackIR 5. Ready.

In BoS I had to adjust my head position in the cockpit before I am ready.

The easy adjustment with the TrackIR software does not work for me here.

But maybe I have not discovered the right command....

No problem with TrackIR in general. Only thing to consider is that in BoS (like in RoF) the implementation is a little bit strange. What it does is that on the ptich axis it needs double the input to go the same way, so you need to double the sensitivity there to get the same movement as on the other axis. (I still think this needs to be fixed, but I doubt that it's gonna happen)

Other way around for me, in BoS its smooth and great. In Clod is twitchy and over sensitive.

Using my dcs profile with faster head movement. Bos/rof seems to have a little bit slower head turning so increasing speed and having some kind of dead zone might be ideal. Only thing i dont like is fov in bos so i constatly reset my trackir closer the monitor and then move my head backwards

I increaced the speed and that helped a lot.  When looking up how far is everyone getting back without swiveling your head if you follow me.  As for the twitching I'm starting to wonder if the problem may be my glasses :(

Edited by II./JG27_Rich

Mine was twitching a bit and then I realized I had a light on behind me that was interfering with the sensor.  Turned off the light and the problem went away.

I'm using my Warthunder profile right now. I think I need to increase the speed and sensitivity a bit so I have to look less in the direction to see all my gauges. But it works fine. I think the problems also come from having my sensor high on top my monitor and I sit pretty low in my Obutto chair.

When looking up how far is everyone getting back without swiveling your head if you follow me.

As for the twitching I'm starting to wonder if the problem may be my glasses :(

90 degrees pitch up view should be possible, are you only getting 45 degrees?

In DCS, I had jittering except when turning to the right, but no jitters in my other games. After I unbound all in-game view pan controls, no more jitters.

Edited by Calvamos
  • Upvote 1

90 degrees pitch up view should be possible, are you only getting 45 degrees?

In DCS, I had jittering except when turning to the right, but no jitters in my other games. After I unbound all in-game view pan controls, no more jitters.

I'm getting 90' so things seem to be a lot better after I increaced the speed. Hardly twitching at all now just once or twice the whole flight so I think we're pretty well fixed. Thanks everyone for the help :)

I increaced the speed and that helped a lot.  When looking up how far is everyone getting back without swiveling your head if you follow me.  As for the twitching I'm starting to wonder if the problem may be my glasses :(

Maybe you could buy a track clip pro and switch off the infra red LEDs on the camera unit to prevent reflections on the glasses lenses being an issue.

Sorry if very obvious.

I had to up the speed to be able to look down at the dials.

But I still have a problem that my vision won't center again after some manouvers and I have to press the TiR reset button to aligne the crosshairs when it's shooting time.

Any help?

But I still have a problem that my vision won't center again after some manouvers and I have to press the TiR reset button to aligne the crosshairs when it's shooting time.

Any help?

no idea. truth be told when i get anything near the center point of the front windscreen, i center track ir then pause it. 

Any help?

I have something similar, but I don't know if it's the same "problem". Sometimes the view gets stuck somewhere off center so the crosshair isn't recentered properly. This is the fault of TrueView I suspect. It changes the output of TrackIR according to your current head position to give a more realistic head movement. If you don't need this, just turn it off. If like me you want to keep it, try to nod once if the crosshair is not centered. Usually this fixes up the head position.

Edited by Anatta

the "charvel" profile worked well for me in CLOD and in BOS.

I don't have currently BoS in the supported games, so my TrackIR starts with the default profile and i have to change it manually every time.

It may be your issue.

Check it :) 

I use freetrack. The IL2 46 profile was far too sensitive, I had to cut the horizontal responses way back and create extra movement in the vertical plane and it still needs the regular re-centering.

Edited by DD_Perfesser

IL2 1946 and COD worked with the 'out of the box settings' in TIR 5. However ROF and BOS I need to create custom profiles as my unit loses sight of the LED's with the default settings when I try to look around. Especially 12 o'clock high was a problem. I'm still not happy with the profile I've created.

IL2 1946 and COD worked with the 'out of the box settings' in TIR 5. However ROF and BOS I need to create custom profiles as my unit loses sight of the LED's with the default settings when I try to look around. Especially 12 o'clock high was a problem. I'm still not happy with the profile I've created.

I also found the default options to work nicely in other cases, so all I did was double the sensitivity on the pitch axis (because it seems to be the only axis that differs; explained this a few posts ago already). This way you get about the same result for BoS and RoF as with the default settings on other sims. Attached the profile for you, just in case. RoF-BoS.xml

Edited by Anatta

I'm having no problems as well, I just had to set "camera smooth" to 10 in BOS options (using TIR 5)

mine is working great...

My TrackIR 5 is workiing fine with BoS, however the new software version 5.2.2. causes problems. Since I've updated from 5.1.3 the software crashes often while starting it. Most time it have to be started five or six times before it keeps running.

My track iR is working ok, but it feels a little bit jerky at times. I'm using same profile I do for ROF which is always very smooth. I have in-game vsync on otherwise my 3DTVPlay does not kick into 3D. Strange thing is that if I enable AutoPilot , my TrackIR becomes dead smooth when panning just like it is in ROF. Fraps says I am running a constant 60fps. AutoPilot on means dead smooth panning. AutoPilot off means some slight stutters.

If anyone has any suggestions to make it smooth during manual flight, it will be much appreciated. Really enjoying it so far.

Is there something reflective on your joystick so that when you move it the TiR is receiving IR feedback?

Or something on your hand, like a wedding band?

Being as it was super smooth with AutoPilot on, I figured that probably meant my USB joystick was no longer being polled. As an experiment, I disconncted my joystick, restarted the game and sure enough, smooth TrackIR even with AutoPilot disabled. Once I reconnected my joystick back intona ifferent USB port, it was back to slight pauses when panning with AutoPilot off.

Being as I need my joystick (MSSWFFB2) to fly, I guess I will have to look for some other fix option :)

• Upvote 1

Experiment 2: swapped my Microsoft Sidewinder FFB2 for an xbox360 controller and sure enough, TrackIR is smooth as silk. Guess its some issue with MSSWFFB2 and TrackIR in BoS. *shrug*

Sorry for seemingly spamming thread, but I don't seem to be able to edit my posts after a little while. Found on ROF forum that disabling FFB helped with this stuttery TrackIR and a MSSWFFB2. I tried that instead and hey presto, smooth head tracking. No FFB whilst not ideal is certainly better than having to use gamepad, so will stick with this. Hopefully it helps someone else with same issue.

Apologies for multiple posts.

• Upvote 1

Funny thing is, even though I got this suggestion to disable FFB from ROF forums, my ROF TrackIR works perfectly smoothly with FFB enabled. Its very wierd that its fine in ROF but not in BoS for me.

Sorry for seemingly spamming thread, but I don't seem to be able to edit my posts after a little while. Found on ROF forum that disabling FFB helped with this stuttery TrackIR and a MSSWFFB2. I tried that instead and hey presto, smooth head tracking. No FFB whilst not ideal is certainly better than having to use gamepad, so will stick with this. Hopefully it helps someone else with same issue.

Apologies for multiple posts.

I had a similar problem which was resolved by unbinding every camera movement control.