VIRPILControls

Introducing the VPC WarBRD

When is the base advertised in the OP going to be released. Thinking of pre-ordering. 

Also, is it suitable for use with an extension?

They delayed the release of WarBRD base, MongoosT-50 throttle and Constellation Delta grip by 2 weeks, from May 20th to June 4th. The 10% pre-order discount will stay until then.

From what I read, WarBRD base should not be used with extensions (you also lose the warranty if you do use extensions).

Although in the endurance test of the WarBRD gimbal they did used extensions (to make the test in the worst case scenario).

The WarBRD base is designed as the desktop stick base, without extensions.  If you want an extension you should get the MongoosT-50 base.

2 minutes ago, ACG_RED_Shadepiece said:

Is it the same gimbal, or at least an all metal one on the T-50 base?

The T-50 base is considered the high end model, if you have the room then get that. You will need a desk mount as well though. Virpil sell a good one.

I was planning on getting a couple of their desk mounts for both my Warthog throttle and the new stick base already, so that would be ideal. Glad I heard about the difference on the bases though. Thanks!

Edit: Additional question. Does anyone have a recommendation for a longer extension to use with a Warthog grip, and a T-50 base? The longest one sold by Virpil appears to be the 100mm one. I'm undecided as of right now what length I'd want, but I'd just like to see an option if anyone knows of one.

Edited by ACG_RED_Shadepiece

24 minutes ago, ACG_RED_Shadepiece said:

Is it the same gimbal, or at least an all metal one on the T-50 base?

You can see pictures on the previous page. It's a metal gimbal, but very different from MongoosT-50 gimbal.

3 hours ago, 6./ZG76_Archie said:

The WarBRD base is designed as the desktop stick base, without extensions.  If you want an extension you should get the MongoosT-50 base.

Yep it is a desktop stick, gimbal not suitable for extensions.

From product description:

The VPC WarBRD is the newest generation of desktop flightsticks perfect for piloting any warbird to it’s highest potential! Featuring the latest iteration of BRD’s world famous compact, all metal, dual-cam mechanics and VPC’s own highly versatile electronic systems.

Being equipped with the same connector standard and electronics as the VPC MongoosT-50® ensures complete compatibility with VPC’s existing and future grips without requiring any adapters or modifications

The VPC WarBRD will be positioned below the VPC MongoosT-50® in the VPC product lineup to become the ultimate desktop joystick at an affordable price. 

Targeted for a release in Q1 2018, more information including a full overview of the VPC WarBRD features, specifications and pricing will be released in the near future. 

Edited by dburne

Okay, I just saw that Virpil's extensions stack on top of each other so problem solved there. Now I'm curious how the cable extensions work, and how to install them. Does anyone know how long the cable extension that comes with their set is?

Each extension comes with its own cable extender, with a connector at each end.You just daisy chain them together through the extensions from base to grip.

extension.jpg

Edited by 6./ZG76_Archie
  • Like 1

Oh that is so cool!! Definitely going to pull the trigger on two desk mounts, a Warthog throttle plate, a T-50 base, and an extension set. I am absolutely stoked!!! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ACG_RED_Shadepiece said:

Oh that is so cool!! Definitely going to pull the trigger on two desk mounts, a Warthog throttle plate, a T-50 base, and an extension set. I am absolutely stoked!!! 

:good:

You should be, going to be an awesome setup!

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

I did a lot of tests and trying with the extensions and cables - rock solid and nothing to complain. That long stick is a great experience - don't know how to fly with less in my hand again! :joy:

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 216th_Retnek said:

I did a lot of tests and trying with the extensions and cables - rock solid and nothing to complain. That long stick is a great experience - don't know how to fly with less in my hand again! :joy:

Yeah I think for most , once you go center mount with extensions there is no going back to a desktop setup. I know I certainly could not.

Just got through clamping my Virpil stick and Warthog throttle to my desk, now to throw on my Rift headset and go continue my Kuban Career.

Life is good!

:joy:

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone know if the VPC WarBRD Base is shipping yet? Or just taking pre-orders?

Pre-orders so far.

I think sometime early this month was the estimate.

Have not seen any updates since.

Edited by dburne

Please, I'm very glad that everything is all right :). Write to me on the mail. You will need to set up your joystick T-50 base.

In this topic, we discuss the joystick 
WarBRD Base  ;)

Hello Baur.

Maybe I mised something ( I could not find any clear info about it )  can I attach, plug warthog grip to this beauty warBRD base?

Regards 303_HOLY

Edited by 303_HOLY

Also, when using the Warthog grip with WarBRD they say you have to install the stronger springs ("heavy" springs).

And you have to take out the 2 screws from the connector flange (on the base) - so that you can rotate the Warthog grip in the desired position. The MongoosT-50 base does not have those screws at all. On their MongoosT-50 grips the connector is also loose (unlike the connector on the Warthog grip).

No extensions allowed on WarBRD base, no matter which grip, but especially with a heavy grip like Warthog.

5 часов назад, 303_HOLY сказал:

Hello Baur.

Maybe I mised something ( I could not find any clear info about it )  can I attach, plug warthog grip to this beauty warBRD base?

Regards 303_HOLY

All VPC grips and TM Warthog grip are compatible with the VPC WarBRD base!

Hi guys - We've been working on creating some clear how-to guides for our products, the first one has just been uploaded showing how to change the cams and springs on the VPC WarBRD base!

10 minutes ago, VIRPILControls said:

Hi guys - We've been working on creating some clear how-to guides for our products,

Interesting video but what products do you have?   According to your own website everything is either out of stock or on 'back order'.

Don't you think you might be overlooking something pretty basic - like actually having something to sell?

4 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Interesting video but what products do you have?   According to your own website everything is either out of stock or on 'back order'.

Don't you think you might be overlooking something pretty basic - like actually having something to sell?

Production is in full swing at our new factory with orders dispatching daily. We're still catching up with the high demand from the pre-order period. Our products are definitely for sale :) 

You can join the order queue now by placing a back-order. Once we've caught up everything will be moved out of the back-order status.

Edited by VIRPILControls

2 hours ago, VIRPILControls said:

Our products are definitely for sale :) 

You can join the order queue now by placing a back-order. Once we've caught up everything will be moved out of the back-order status.

Actually I am considering a new stick:) but I want to buy a new stick, not a 'back order'.  

However, since production in your new factory is in full swing, perhaps you'd like to give potential buyers - like myself - an accurate estimate of when everything will move out of back order status?   

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Recived Today Throttle Mongoosdt-50 + WarBrd with Delta grip, its solid , huge and heavy. throttle unit is working ok, but stick don't I only meanged to work 2 axis ,

all buttons and Z axis are not working at all. Sorry but Virpil Software is horrible. Opened ticket on Virpil site but they have 72 h for response. Anyone is using this stick here and can help ?

Edit: Problems Solved with support

Edited by TWHYata_PL

On 9/19/2018 at 10:47 PM, VIRPILControls said:

We'll be able to give an accurate estimate after our new merged webstore launches on October 1st :)

Today is the eleventh of October and your new merged webstore's accurate estimate is "out of stock":scratch_one-s_head:

3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Today is the eleventh of October and your new merged webstore's accurate estimate is "out of stock":scratch_one-s_head:

Yep - all stock was purchased up pretty quick on opening day (1st October). There will be a big shipment of stock to our webstore before the end of October :)

Trying to decide on an early christmas present for myself. That cosmogrip with Warbr dase, can someone tell me the distance from desk surface to that lower handrest on the grip? It looks tall for a desktop joystick, compared to my ch fighterstick, but that could be an illusion due to the comparatively narrow base.

Man you could grab a sweet center stick setup for cheap. I paid a lot more money for a gunfighter pro with mcg pro stick still waiting for my Foxx mounts. If the warbrd is as tall as the gf pro in desktop trim then I wouldn't recommend using it without that small desk mount. 

1 hour ago, JgonRedcorn said:

If the warbrd is as tall as the gf pro in desktop trim then I wouldn't recommend using it without that small desk mount. 

WarBRD grip (+base)  have similar high of Warthog grip when used in desktop. Usable, but not in the best ergonomic position.

Edited by Sokol1

1 minute ago, Sokol1 said:

WarBRD grip (+base)  have similar high of Warthog grip when used in desktop. Usable, but not in the best ergonomic position.

Yeah the WarBRD grip isn't bad, but with their nicer grips it seems just as high as my gunfighter and its definitely usable in desktop mode, but I can't wait for the mounts to get here.