Coconut's dynamic campaign hardcore and casual

coconut

KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

Ssshhhhh first rule of Coconut is don't talk about Coconut

:) Let us make it also the 2nd rule :ph34r:

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82
  • Upvote 1

Tried today, great server! I was worried about player count but found people to fight in a 12 v 12. Would be nice to have a steady population just a tiny bit higher than that.

II./JG1_Lipfert

Kameraden,

Does adding the Upper Gunner position in the Ju52 while taking cargo (supply) to another base cause issues with the mission?

S!

Are the AI patrol plane lost (by a team during a mission) listed in the discord by the Expert Announcer or does it list only human flight losses?

if it is not show then how killing the AI patroling affect the outcome of the mission? Is there a way to follow the impact of the losses.

Kameraden,

Does adding the Upper Gunner position in the Ju52 while taking cargo (supply) to another base cause issues with the mission?

S!

No, neither does equipping the 20mm turrets for the He111 or the turrets on the Pe2

Are the AI patrol plane lost (by a team during a mission) listed in the discord by the Expert Announcer or does it list only human flight losses?

if it is not show then how killing the AI patroling affect the outcome of the mission? Is there a way to follow the impact of the losses.

From the page 14 of the manual: "Losses of AI patrol fighters and AI attack planes are not accounted for."

• Upvote 1

SvAF/F16_OndaAnkan

From coconut on discord 

"Stat server keeps doing strange stuff. I´m keeping it offline for now. "

Indeed. It's consuming more CPU that it should. I haven't written this system, and investigating the cause is going to take some time. I'll try to keep it up, but I'll have to shut it down whenever it acts up.

II./JG1_Lipfert

Kameraden,

It's killer annoying when people jump on this server and start fragging themselves, two pilots lastnight removed three planes from inventory in ten minutes.

S!

Edited by II./JG1_Lipfert

I have a question regarding the tanks on map. According to the manual there should be as many tanks in region as the number next to the name of that region says. Is there any specific location where such tank park can be find? I tried to locate that tank group yesterday twice on two different maps but with no luck. I found several supply depots consisting of dugouts, but no group of tanks or camouflage nets covering these tanks. 

I have a question regarding the tanks on map. According to the manual there should be as many tanks in region as the number next to the name of that region says. Is there any specific location where such tank park can be find?

Yes, but it's secret. Always close to a road, village or airfield. In a few cases on the airfield itself.

I tried to locate that tank group yesterday twice on two different maps but with no luck

I can't guarantee they are all generated properly, as I've changed that code recently and there might be bugs, but I have no reason to believe it's broken. They are hard to spot, as it should be.

I have a question regarding the tanks on map. According to the manual there should be as many tanks in region as the number next to the name of that region says. Is there any specific location where such tank park can be find? I tried to locate that tank group yesterday twice on two different maps but with no luck. I found several supply depots consisting of dugouts, but no group of tanks or camouflage nets covering these tanks. 

You could always record a track while flying and check it later, as you can turn on the icons while viewing it, making it very easy to locate those pesky tanks.  :salute:  

JimmySolarium_VR

Hi Coconut,

I have encountered that on the normal server since the Latest Kuban Map there are some issues, i.e. sometimes some player Planes do not have icons/labels whereas others have , some kills appear in the chat but are not counted in the statistics, or a kill messages appear, although the "killed" person is still in the air and alive.

Just a few issues in general your servers are always great to fly on.

:salute:

Thank you for the Servers.

Really like dynamism of the pro-active AI and hope to see more even, more air groups, follow up objectives for the tank companies if they destroy the enemy ( with the human attackers support it feels great ).

Very nice opponents flying on both normal and expers, and getting back on the seat after a prolonged hiatus in such ambient feels good.

Despite the odd "warping" felt yesterday the servers seem solid and high performance.

o7

Hi Coconut,

I have encountered that on the normal server since the Latest Kuban Map there are some issues, i.e. sometimes some player Planes do not have icons/labels whereas others have , some kills appear in the chat but are not counted in the statistics, or a kill messages appear, although the "killed" person is still in the air and alive.

Just a few issues in general your servers are always great to fly on.

:salute:

I assume you are not flying the expert server as that has no icons at all.  Your issues with kills are probably nothing to do with Coconut.  The game itself issues 'killed' messages when it thinks an enemy has done mortal damage.  If someone kills your engine that counts as 'killed' but sometimes it gets it wrong and the engine damage is so light that a person flies home and lands OK after being told they are dead :-)   I think lost elevators or ailerons might also count but of course it is possible to get home OK then as well.  Obviously this can count in the other direction as well ie Chat tells you that you got a kill but your enemy actually got home.  Regardless of what the game says,  the stats system makes its own decisions about what counts as a kill so you can ignore what chat says.

JimmySolarium_VR

I assume you are not flying the expert server as that has no icons at all.  Your issues with kills are probably nothing to do with Coconut.  The game itself issues 'killed' messages when it thinks an enemy has done mortal damage.  If someone kills your engine that counts as 'killed' but sometimes it gets it wrong and the engine damage is so light that a person flies home and lands OK after being told they are dead :-)   I think lost elevators or ailerons might also count but of course it is possible to get home OK then as well.  Obviously this can count in the other direction as well ie Chat tells you that you got a kill but your enemy actually got home.  Regardless of what the game says,  the stats system makes its own decisions about what counts as a kill so you can ignore what chat says.

no, i am referring to the normal server, we were chasing three Bombers the other day, all three flown by players, but only one Bomber had an Icon.

sometimes some player Planes do not have icons/labels whereas others have

Known game bug

some kills appear in the chat but are not counted in the statistics

If by statistics you mean the score board or the post-despawn overlay on the map, that would be a game bug as I have no control over that. I must say I see the opposite often, no chat message yet the kills appears after I've landed. I don't remember encountering the bug as you describe it.

If you mean the score on coconutside.eu then that's more worrying, because the campaign system uses the same source of info. But there as well, not much I can do if the game leaves some kills out of the logs.

kill messages appear, although the "killed" person is still in the air and alive

Do you mean kills or "destroyed". It's pretty common for destroyed planes to still be flyable. That's also a game design flaw that I can't control.

Really like dynamism of the pro-active AI and hope to see more even, more air groups

Unfortunately I have to be careful with AIs. They consume lots of CPU and some bandwidth too (ground forces). I hope I can port the campaign to the upcoming COOP system and increase the AI plane density there by focussing the action on the smaller area relevant to the mission being flown.

By the way, I may sound harsh with my "game flaw" all over the post, but I have to give thumbs up to the devs for providing the needed blocks to make this. Excellent product overall that's well appreciated by myself and the players on my servers.

Edited by coconut
  • Upvote 1

I'm banned (48hrs) -  sat as gunner in the Bf-110 as gunner of my team mate and I accidently shot (to ground targets ) while he was turning into the rudder - plane was down .........What now?  Banned really onboth server for 48hrs? Please unblock. Thx.

@OpaPoetschke Have your teammate send me a private message to confirm your story. There has been incidents with people doing this on purpose.

ok he'll do it, talked to him, thx.

Thanks for short reaction.

:-)

//edit:

saw bad guys in the last time too (sat as gunner and damaged the "own" planes ) it is'nt easy to find the "middle" between good and bad ;-)

Edited by OpaPoetschke

Unfortunately I have to be careful with AIs. They consume lots of CPU and some bandwidth too (ground forces). I hope I can port the campaign to the upcoming COOP system and increase the AI plane density there by focussing the action on the smaller area relevant to the mission being flown.

Absolutely :) And I understand the why.

Would there be a way to have AI automatically spawn/despawn as players enter/exit the server would be excellent. 

Great server for some relaxed but still serious fun! The dynamic part about this campaign system is very cool. 

Edited by =FEW=Psyrion

I have a couple questions about utilizing the Ju52 for para drops. The manual states: 

"You can also pick paratroopers and drop them behind your troops on battlefield. This will provide a bonus to the attacking force (up to 50%). You need to drop the paratroopers within 2.5 km of the rear of the battlefield, on your side. The exact position is not marked on the map, it's typically 1.5 to 2.5 km behind the ground battle symbol on the map. Look for a group of trucks and tents, it marks the center of the drop zone."

Is the force multiplier (up to 50%) random or is it fixed and the percentage determined by the size of the existing force? 

Is it cumulative or a one time deal? Do successive drops during the same mission increase the percentage (up to 50%)

As a new player making the transition into the BOX world, I've found your normal server to be a great platform for learning MP game mechanics. I made a commitment to learn to fly the JU52 this last weekend and this was a great place to do it. Keep up the good work.

CraigG 

Edited by SCG_Ovrshoot

Is the force multiplier (up to 50%) random or is it fixed and the percentage determined by the size of the existing force? Is it cumulative or a one time deal?

It's not random, it's determined by how many paratroopers land alive, and in which zone (precise drop, wide drop, missed area completely). It is cumulative. It does not depend on the size of the ground forces. Maybe it should!

Hi, first big thank you for this server, which is also in normal difficulty. Because external views and icons are very welcomed. 

I Have a questin: What is the precise procedure when resupplying? Do I have to switch engines off on the destination? or not? Should I wait for some announcement, or a specific time? I have read manual, but didnt get the clue.

If I dont return to the primary airfield, is the supply accounted? or just the plane? Please tell me step by step what to do. Thanks a lot.

Other point: I have found a factory building behind enemy front line. I dropped a bombs there and hit the building, but they stayed undamaged and no announcement in chat bar, so I didnt destroy anything. Is that a fault? Or are there also some buildings, which dont count the war, and stay intact? or they counted just partial damage, so thats why thay stayed like a new.

and final question: I will damage factory at enemy line, in next mission front line moves behind this factory, so the area becomes ours. Will the factory stay ruined? And must be supplyed to restore it? Or is factory very new? Or the building disseapper and our factory will grow up in different place in our region?

Thanks a lot for claryfying.

WithStrangeAeons

Hi, first big thank you for this server, which is also in normal difficulty. Because external views and icons are very welcomed. 

I Have a questin: What is the precise procedure when resupplying? Do I have to switch engines off on the destination? or not? Should I wait for some announcement, or a specific time? I have read manual, but didnt get the clue.

If I dont return to the primary airfield, is the supply accounted? or just the plane? Please tell me step by step what to do. Thanks a lot.

Other point: I have found a factory building behind enemy front line. I dropped a bombs there and hit the building, but they stayed undamaged and no announcement in chat bar, so I didnt destroy anything. Is that a fault? Or are there also some buildings, which dont count the war, and stay intact? or they counted just partial damage, so thats why thay stayed like a new.

and final question: I will damage factory at enemy line, in next mission front line moves behind this factory, so the area becomes ours. Will the factory stay ruined? And must be supplyed to restore it? Or is factory very new? Or the building disseapper and our factory will grow up in different place in our region?

Thanks a lot for claryfying.

Supply flights should register after you've landed at the destination field. You should see a chat notification that you've left a base with 1000kg of cargo when you first take off, and then another message shortly after you land at the chosen field. If you end your flight there, the plane will be available to use at the beginning of the next mission. If you don't want to transfer the plane there, you should take off again and fly back to your starting field. Occasionally these chat messages seem to bug out, but I believe coconut has said they should still count even when they don't show up.

Thanks for helping with the answers, @@WithStrangeAeons. What you said was correct.

I have found a factory building behind enemy front line. I dropped a bombs there and hit the building, but they stayed undamaged and no announcement in chat bar, so I didnt destroy anything. Is that a fault?

You might still have done damage, just not enough to have the building reported as destroyed. Game reports are all-or-nothing, but the logs are normally more detailed.

Or are there also some buildings, which dont count the war, and stay intact? or they counted just partial damage, so thats why thay stayed like a new

All buildings that look like factories count. Of course, I don't know if I haven't missed any building type, it's possible.

I will damage factory at enemy line, in next mission front line moves behind this factory, so the area becomes ours. Will the factory stay ruined?

Yes. Not only that, battles cause collateral damage to installations in a region. The more violent the battle, the more damage is caused.

And must be supplyed to restore it?

Yes

Or is factory very new? Or the building disseapper and our factory will grow up in different place in our region?

No and no. Factories are not mushrooms :)

No and no. Factories are not mushrooms :)

:)

well,

And thank you for the answers. Everything is now clear.

I have a couple questions about utilizing the Ju52 for para drops. The manual states: 

"You can also pick paratroopers and drop them behind your troops on battlefield. This will provide a bonus to the attacking force (up to 50%). You need to drop the paratroopers within 2.5 km of the rear of the battlefield, on your side. The exact position is not marked on the map, it's typically 1.5 to 2.5 km behind the ground battle symbol on the map. Look for a group of trucks and tents, it marks the center of the drop zone."

Is the force multiplier (up to 50%) random or is it fixed and the percentage determined by the size of the existing force? 

Is it cumulative or a one time deal? Do successive drops during the same mission increase the percentage (up to 50%)

As a new player making the transition into the BOX world, I've found your normal server to be a great platform for learning MP game mechanics. I made a commitment to learn to fly the JU52 this last weekend and this was a great place to do it. Keep up the good work.

CraigG 

Look for the white flares near the tank icon area, drop them there, you'll get a yellow text message at the top of your map/messages area as soon as each trooper makes contact with the ground.  "Paratrooper has landed in drop zone alive"  It'll repeat for each set of boots hitting the zone.  You'll also get a message telling you when the zone is fully saturated with jumpers, takes a couple of loads.

Hi again

In one real day we destroyed totally one big factory, and when I joined two missions later (For example in mission nr.1 factory destroyed, then passed other mission nr.2 and I joined in mission nr.3) The factory (and not small) was again like a new, without any damage.

So little time is enough to repair?

I was surprised. It seemed like the whole action was useless...

Hi again

In one real day we destroyed totally one big factory, and when I joined two missions later (For example in mission nr.1 factory destroyed, then passed other mission nr.2 and I joined in mission nr.3) The factory (and not small) was again like a new, without any damage.

So little time is enough to repair?

I was surprised. It seemed like the whole action was useless...

Repairing it probably spent a lot of ressources

• SYN_Haashashin pinned this topic