coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

Coconut Normal server is down, Mission 2159 never loaded @ 06.04.2018 18:00

Hi Coco,

is it possible to have 0 of each plane type at each AF, so that we don't lose planes for the rest of the mission when we land on AFs that didn't have them previously?

• Thanks 1

No, that doesn’t work because it’s also the max number of planes, not just the initial number. 

undermining on their bombs leads to a ban, an excellent joke

Edited by =KAG=RubiN

Can somebody explain transporting to me?

I took a JU52 with 23000 KG of cargo to a field that was not fully active (you couldn't spawn from it but it wasn't an inactive field). It was showing some level of resources and was a pale blue circle. When I landed I got a message "impossible to unload". So I took off again and went to another field further forward that was fully active. This time I got no message at all. Nothing would unload.

Thanks

:salute:

Skud

1 hour ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

Can somebody explain transporting to me?

I took a JU52 with 23000 KG of cargo to a field that was not fully active (you couldn't spawn from it but it wasn't an inactive field). It was showing some level of resources and was a pale blue circle. When I landed I got a message "impossible to unload". So I took off again and went to another field further forward that was fully active. This time I got no message at all. Nothing would unload.

Thanks

:salute:

Skud

As you noticed you cannot unload on inactive fields - to unload your cargo you need to open the main door (bomb bay door button)  and unload (drop bomb button).

You will get a message when unloading is finished - you have to wait for this message to come, it takes some time. So be patient...:salute:

Edited by EAF_T_Therion

we killed many advancing tanks, more than 20, but they climbed and climbed appearing like a zombie from the ground, the airfield was still captured. I killed all the cars in the column, but the badge did not disappear. While the reds go to the server and take off, all the antiaircraft guns have already been destroyed at the aerodrome. There is no one to shoot them down, the Reds do not have fighters-1-2 at front airfields. I killed all the hangars at the airfield, but on the next map he was still available for departure. Self-bombing on a bomb means double punishment - loss of aircraft and ban. I read the manual, but I did not understand the logic of the work, everything is very far from meaning. This is a cooperative for the blue.

14 hours ago, =KAG=RubiN said:

we killed many advancing tanks, more than 20, but they climbed and climbed appearing like a zombie from the ground, the airfield was still captured

Normally a real tank battle could have over a hundred tanks participating, but in the game it's difficult to have more than 30 tanks or so in a battle without having server overload issues. For this reason, tanks respawn, and you actually need to kill every tank 5 times for the game to consider all tanks destroyed.

I killed all the cars in the column, but the badge did not disappear

I know, there's a bug there but I don't know what's causing it. Counting kills in a column is not trivial in the mission editor, it's enough to have one of the kills missed by the counting logic for this to happen.

While the reds go to the server and take off, all the antiaircraft guns have already been destroyed at the aerodrome. There is no one to shoot them down, the Reds do not have fighters-1-2 at front airfields

Being on the losing end of a battle because the enemy has control over your airspace isn't fun, but that's how it should be.

I killed all the hangars at the airfield, but on the next map he was still available for departure

Destroying hangars makes bombs unavailable. You can't disable an airfield entirely. Maybe I'll implement runway bombing at some point, but it's a double edged-sword. If you think it's tough to play Russians now, how would you feel about it if swarms of He111s and Ju88s with their super large bomb loads were able to wipe out your airfields?

Self-bombing on a bomb means double punishment - loss of aircraft and ban.

A necessary evil due to people who don't play seriously and wreck multiple airplanes on purpose or because they haven't learned to fly yet. I had to put measures to keep these people out. It's unfortunate it punishes people like you who want to play seriously, but on a public open server that's how it must be. Note that my server software is available and free to use for all. If you'd rather play with a group of serious pilots who can be trusted and disable these disciplinary measures, it can be done.

2 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

Both Servers down again, Coconut

Expert is now up again. Normal is down, sadly. The server can no longer withstand the load that two missions and one running resaver.exe (needed to produce the .list files) put on it. I will try to find a solution, first using process priorities, and if that's not enough I'll have to buy a new CPU with more cores.

17 hours ago, EAF_T_Therion said:

As you noticed you cannot unload on inactive fields

You can unload on any airfield that has a spawn (even enemy ones!). It does not matter if that spawn is active or not.

Also, unloading is not actually needed, the campaign system considers you have unloaded your plane as soon as you have landed. You probably still want to unload in the game in order to make your plane lighter on the return trip.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Seem the server still dead. it is in the list but refuse connection

Edited by bushmantw

Coconut, Thank you for your reply, I would be very willing to make a donation if that would help..

Also, I tried getting in to the Expert server and the following message appeared:-

#Error 10016 Unable to save to disc

Hopefully you will get the servers (especially the Normal one) back up soon

Edited by No.85_Camm
Additional info

1 hour ago, coconut said:

Destroying hangars makes bombs unavailable. You can't disable an airfield entirely. Maybe I'll implement runway bombing at some point, but it's a double edged-sword. If you think it's tough to play Russians now, how would you feel about it if swarms of He111s and Ju88s with their super large bomb loads were able to wipe out your airfields?

I do not care, sooner or later the routes of the bots will be known and they will be intercepted. All-seeing cover-up bots will do this work.

Coconut, Thank you for your reply, I would be very willing to make a donation if that would help..

Also, I tried getting in to the Expert server and the following message appeared:-

#Error 10016 Unable to save to disc

Hopefully you will get the servers (especially the Normal one) back up soon

I just checked, can join now.

Real shame about the normal server, Russians were putting up a good fight this time, after the last rogering we got.. (and that's without runway bombing, please no we'd have no chance!)

Anyway it was fun while it lasted and really appreciate the effort put into creating and running these servers..

• Like 2

Fantastic server!

My only real gripe is that my online track recordings won't replay. My buddies are all having the same issue with this server too.

13 minutes ago, 19//Darbzy said:

Fantastic server!

My only real gripe is that my online track recordings won't replay. My buddies are all having the same issue with this server too.

It works for me, but you have time to brew yourself a cup of coffee while the replay loads. The mission file is large, I suppose that's the problem, but I can't do anything about that without removing much of what makes the server special.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, coconut said:

but I can't do anything about that without removing much of what makes the server special.

Don't even think about it. It's the target rich environment, village houses, tank battles, moving convoys and so on that makes this feel like there's a live ground war going on below. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, coconut said:

It works for me, but you have time to brew yourself a cup of coffee while the replay loads. The mission file is large, I suppose that's the problem, but I can't do anything about that without removing much of what makes the server special.

Oh, really? Same problem as loading the server then, feeling silly I didn't think of that and give it some time... I like coffee, this is great news :wacko: I can't wait to watch myself get caught in a search light and nailed by flak the other night!

Also gotta echo Darbzy's compliments coconut. Really great to see the server gaining more popularity lately, it's pretty awesome. I know the patch has introduced some frustrations for your campaign so thanks for all the hours debugging that.

Edited by 19//curiousGamblerr

I forget the name of the player last night about 9PM EST 4/10/2018 who was shooting at the tail of the bomber he was in.  It was some derivation of CAM1234CAM or something like that who was jumping in gunner and shooting friendlies. Several of us voted to ban him and he would pop out then pop in. Any way to permaban this moron?  It wasnt an accident this loser was doing this. 

Edited by 71st_AH_Gamecock
  • Thanks 1

Coconut

12 hours ago, coconut said:

cam123456Cammaster234 banned

Please assure me that it isn't me that has  been banned. I promise that I have NEVER shot any friendlies down. Nor have I ever operated as a gunner

Edited by No.85_Camm

19 hours ago, coconut said:

Okay, cool man. Sorry to break your balls. I thought I had the 'black screen of death'. I'll be more patient, and no, don't change a thing!

Coconut

Please assure me that it isn't me that has  been banned. I promise that I have NEVER shot any friendlies down. Nor have I ever operated as a gunner

It wasn't you.

1 hour ago, 19//Darbzy said:

Okay, cool man. Sorry to break your balls

No problem.

good to see that moron banned. there has been a similar (or same?) idiot on wol some days ago. unfortunately he kept logging in under several different names and thus bypassed the banning...normally these guys loose interest quickly if they don't get attention. if he shows up again, lock your gunner stations, avoid swanning at airfields were he is currently active and don't give him attention in chat because that is probably what he is searching for.

Actually. I would advise everyone to lock their Gunner Stations as a matter of routine.

Thanks Coconut.

By the way....any ideas on when the Normal Server will be back up? It is really missed

Great Expert Server Coconut . We enjoy this server  . 

Edited by II./JG77_Con

1 hour ago, No.85_Camm said:

By the way....any ideas on when the Normal Server will be back up? It is really missed

I'll try something this week-end

• Thanks 4

Hey Coconut - sorry if this is in your guide (didn’t see it in my first pass), but is there any way to replenish aircraft at what I call the supply base in your campaigns?  I notice that typically one airbase far from the front lines will have more aircraft than the others.  However, eventually the numbers there also get depleted.  Once those are gone, is that it?  

Thanks again for the servers.

Relent

EDIT - oh, and why isn’t this a sticky? :)

Edited by AKA_Relent

16 minutes ago, AKA_Relent said:

However, eventually the numbers there also get depleted.  Once those are gone, is that it?

The system adds a rather large amount of planes every mission, and it picks the plane that's "missing the most", tie-breaks are randomly broken.

If the particular model you want is gone, maybe you'll get it in one of the next rotations.

I would however say that if multiple models are missing, maybe the end is near...

3 hours ago, coconut said:

The system adds a rather large amount of planes every mission, and it picks the plane that's "missing the most", tie-breaks are randomly broken.

If the particular model you want is gone, maybe you'll get it in one of the next rotations.

I would however say that if multiple models are missing, maybe the end is near...

Cool, thanks for the clarification Coconut.

Wow this server is the new high water mark for me. You have extended the limits of awesome with this. Thank you for your efforts. 

The server is down now apparently... I get an error message saying "unable to write file" or something like that. 

PS I join whichever team has the least players. Is that frowned upon?  I just play to the best of my ability whichever side I am on.

Edited by DirtyRotnFlieger
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DirtyRotnFlieger said:

Wow this server is the new high water mark for me. You have extended the limits of awesome with this. Thank you for your efforts. 

The server is down now apparently... I get an error message saying "unable to write file" or something like that. 

PS I join whichever team has the least players. Is that frowned upon?  I just play to the best of my ability whichever side I am on.

Of course anyone can fly for whatever side they want to. However, if you view it as a campaign and go for strategic targets (flying for one side only), then you will find that you can get more immersed in the game. Indeed, it can feel more realistic....plus the stats would really mean something, rather than swapping and changing

43 minutes ago, DirtyRotnFlieger said:

This is a great thing do IMHO. But just play how you want to.  Its your game. 

Why is it that the server is constantly experiencing "multiplayer server overload, strange behavior may be experienced - contact server administrator"?

3 hours ago, Venturi said:

Why is it that the server is constantly experiencing "multiplayer server overload, strange behavior may be experienced - contact server administrator"?

I didn't realize this was a problem, but then I haven't been online for a while now. I probably need to lower some limits, such as number of AI patrols. If that's not enough I'll also need to lower the player limit.

Hi @coconut, first of all I wanted to say how much me and my mates enjoy flying on Coconut Expert - it is truly a great server with an extremely well designed campaign!

I am writing to ask if there are any points awarded to transport planes (i.e. Ju52) for successful transport missions?

Last night I have completed a mission carrying a cargo load from an airport to another (took off - landed - unloaded - went back to the original airfield), but I was not awarded any points nor the receiving airfield bomb stock appeared to have increased after I transported and unloaded cargo there.

Could you please clarify? Does the receiving airfield's bomb stock get updated in the next mission?

(this is my mission log if it may help: http://coconutside.eu:81/en/sortie/45439/?tour=11 )

20 minutes ago, =GEMINI=Framais said:

I was not awarded any points

There are no points awarded for that in the stats system.

I am however planning to put in place a point system to restrict where people can spawn, to limit the "noobs deplete front airfield" issue, and transport missions will be a way to earn points.

21 minutes ago, =GEMINI=Framais said:

nor the receiving airfield bomb stock appeared to have increased after I transported and unloaded cargo there.

Could you please clarify? Does the receiving airfield's bomb stock get updated in the next mission?

It's as you say, updated in the next mission. Also if people take off with more bombs than you replenish, the number may still go down in the next mission, just not as far down as it would if you had not flown that mission.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, coconut said:

I am however planning to put in place a point system to restrict where people can spawn, to limit the "noobs deplete front airfield" issue, and transport missions will be a way to earn points.

Thanks for the prompt answer Coconut.

Being able to earn points for transport mission would be fantastic, it would be a great motivator for transport flights which could:

1. See their efforts acknowleged in the stats screen
  2. Have an actual feedback from the game that they accomplished a mission (points awarded = mission success)

Edited by =GEMINI=Framais