coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

Coconut Expert is down. Just reporting in case you didn't know Coconut ... Thanks for this great server :)

Thanks for the effort in getting these servers set up and running Coconut.  I flew the normal server for the first time yesterday (expert was down), and it was a nice relaxed atmosphere.  I will be trying to bring more squaddies to the normal server who are just starting with BoX to get them acclimated to it, since it has the icons, map icon, external for your aircraft, etc.  The AI aircraft also help with the experience especially when the attendance is low, and the tanks are a nice bonus.

Server currently down for maintenance. If all goes well it should be back within 24 hours. 

I like the Normal server, external views are welcomed and icons are necessary if you wonna just fight and attack and NOT still search the units where they exactly are.

A lot of profi pilots is there also and for me this is the best server where to fly and not having still only the dogfight.

Will try to bring more players there, especially when the german frontline is now soo close to the Moscow capital. 

Is anyone else getting weird ass shimmering and grain effects on coco? Other folks reported it on his discord. AMD and NV cards seem to experience it, also monitor and VR experience it.

Driver roll backs, as reported by others say it persists after the roll back.

Seems to be lighting/shading related.

Update: Checked WoL and weather was the same, same winter map, ran fine. Checked new wings, ran fine also.

@coconut This may have something to do with weather script. Briefing shows medium clouds, but none are in game at all.

So this is only happening on expert and normal.

JG1 had the same issue tonight, splintering on aircraft and shimmering the ground at distance.

S!

I get the shimmering also when the sun is low on the horizon. Someone said it was the northern lights and like a dummass, i believed it. 

Flickering was possibly due to negative cloud base. This should no longer happen.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@coconut I was on your normal server. I crashed a mig being silly(my bad) then took a p40, throttled up too quick and blew it and now I am banned for an hour? WTF dude help?

Edited by AeroAce
bad grammA

22 hours ago, II./StG77_Malus_Ferox said:

All of my (four) scoring sorties today have a fairplay index of either 90% or 95%, thus reducing my overall points. Bombed enemy targets as usual, what's up with that?

One day later, same problem. The first scoring sortie is still affected by a 95% fairplay index which not only negates the landing bonus but subtracts from the mission score. I expect the following two sorties I flew during the subsequent mission will be affected as well so I ask again - what is going on?

edit: Just to be clear, I have never struck, accidentally or otherwise, any friendly assets, be those planes or ground facilities of any kind.

Edited by II./StG77_Malus_Ferox

23 hours ago, II./StG77_Malus_Ferox said:

All of my (four) scoring sorties today have a fairplay index of either 90% or 95%, thus reducing my overall points. Bombed enemy targets as usual, what's up with that?

No idea, I didn't write that software, and honestly I don't care one bit about stats. If it works and people like it, fine, but I won't spend time investigating that kind of issues.

On 3/8/2018 at 9:00 PM, coconut said:

honestly I don't care one bit about stats

Right, because a dynamic campaign is not at all about numbers or stats.

If it works and people like it, fine

That's the thing, it doesn't.

Gotta say, since I started looking at the stats and realizing how much grass I ate makes flying carefully much easyer.

Looking how well one is doing is very enjoyable and taking it as a general picture doesn´t require absolute accuracy IMO.

The stats program is the standard one that all the major servers use, made by =FB=Val and friends.  Coconut's dynamic campaign runs completely separately from it.

It looks like you got dinged for a disconnect yesterday.

http://coconutside.eu:81/en/sortie/31813/?tour=10

According to the stats FAQ:

"Fairplay Index is an indicator of the correct behavior of the player, it affects the score.The maximum value - 100% indicates that the player does not violate the rules, a player receives a 100% score and all bonuses. If the index is less than 100%, that player gets a percentage of the score corresponding to the current index. Also, in this case, the player does not receive any bonuses.
Violations of reducing the index:
Disconnection -10%
Shotdown friendly aircraft -10%
Destroyed friendly ground target -5%
The index recovered by 5% per flying hour, if the player did not violate the rules."

Pretty straightforward.

Edited by WithStrangeAeons
  • Upvote 1

On 3/9/2018 at 1:33 AM, WithStrangeAeons said:

It looks like you got dinged for a disconnect yesterday.

It seems that you're right; thank you for the reminder as I have forgotten that disconnections represent punishable offenses according to the FAQ. This goes to prove that even a little bit of willingness to help can go a long way.

On a side note, penalizing disconnections with -10% seems a bit harsh to me considering that they (generally) happen outside of the player's control.

Coconuts,  great server, really.  Thx for this place.

Only need players try to do some balance....

Edited by RedEye_Tumu
  • Like 1

Just Wanted to swoop down and let you guys who pass by what an absolutely Awesome server this is (expert)...

In my view... been on a hiatus for awhile.... this is by Far the most versitile, focused, mission/target oriented server around.....

I pretty much nodded in agreement at each and every point of design philosphy listed in the server docs . and as far as I have seen, these points have been implemented very well. I am sure it’s an ongoing work with tweaks and such.

Many thanx for running this server... it’s definately a Fresh Breath of air!

oh btw... an excerpt from the server documentation; ”...but in the end it’s clear this will never be a large-population server.”

I truly believe this is  not true. We have a cr@p load of seasoned pilots/players around who I am sure have been longing for a server with this ... shall we say ”point of view”... they just need to find their way....

Still I appreciate that it is not the server’s Goal to be a large population server, and I absolutely agree. With a well balanced presence of AI’s, and Objectives with a Purpose  - Great fun can be had without a sh•t load of players.

I had an absolutely Blast with night time/early morning raids yesterday evening with some fellow squad mates... been awhile since I felt such a rush and a sensation of something... different and on the spot.

cheers

da klunk

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk
  • Like 1

Very impressive setup Coco! Agree with those praising this server. Obvious you spent many hours on this and happy to see pilots finding their way here. 

Not used to seeing moving trucks, tank convoys and targets of opportunity just about everywhere. And for me all lag free.

Getting my arse shot up and emergency land down a street right in the middle of a small village was also a first. Had actually forgotten there were buildings in this game.

• Like 2

Servers are down following today's big update. I need to fix a couple of things, hopefully nothing too big. No ETA at the moment.

Not sure if this a bug you are aware of but when the server tries to restrict what options you can use it only works the first time you select the aircraft.   For example if you select a PE-2 it might say you can only select the rear turret and 4 small bombs but if you go away then re-select the Pe-2 it now has no restrictions at all.   

Hi Coconut,

If the road issues on Kuban map have been resolved, I have suggestion for the following map:

Summer Kuban 1942

Situated on the eastern part of map to enjoy the sea and mountain scenery. Could follow the historical front lines in operation Edelweiss if they're suitable.

Highlights should be intercepting road convoys in the mountains (including days with bad weather or, if possible, rapidly changing weather conditions to make it more challenging) and attacking well guarded ship formations.

About the plane set, I have the following ideas (which are not necessary tied to the map suggestion). Each side should get 3 fighter and 3 ground attack types. Also, both sides should have the Ju-52 as support plane (VVS should use suitable skin, maybe the red one... i'm sure they'd figure it out).

My suggestion is the following mix (combining historically plausible planes from all games):

For LW:                                       For VVS:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MC.202                                      P-40
   BF-109-G2                                 LAGG-3
   FW-190-A3                                YAK-7B

HS-129-B2                                 IL-2 (1942)
   BF-110-E2                                 PE-2 (s.35)
   JU-88                                         A-20B

JU-52                                         JU-52

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!

• Upvote 3

Coconut,

Small request, could you turn down the wind? It was 60 kph at just over 3000 metres yesterday.

S!

Loadout information was removed from the logs in 3.001, which breaks my campaign badly. I know how many bombs people take, but not how big they are. This makes it hard to keep track of how much "bomb weight" is available at each airfield. Feeling pretty discouraged, to be honest. For now I'll just put in an ugly hack, I'll have to rethink a couple of things.