coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

I needed to update DServer. It's done now, and servers are coming back.

I have disabled external views on the expert and flying circus servers. That means higher CPU load, hopefully it won't go too high.

15 hours ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

Confirmed!

Yesterday, 1x 500kg and just 60 min ago I wasted 1x 1000kg and 1x 1800kg even on MARKED factories ....= 0 result

Also - yes, I heared about technical issues, but this external view stuff must go away asap. Otherwise this great server will have some kind of problem on the longer term.

Recent updates made buildings stronger. I lowered their durability, but maybe not enough. The problem is that if I go low enough that bombs start doing reasonably high damage again, I also make buildings fragile enough that regular cannon fire can take them down. Then why bother using bombs?

I'm a little sad that developers have been rather silent about this. Do they think it's a problem? Are they unaware? Are they working on it?

When damage on planes in dogfights is a little off half the forum goes on a riot, but when things are wrong in bombing, it's another story.

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, coconut said:

I'm a little sad that developers have been rather silent about this. Do they think it's a problem? Are they unaware? Are they working on it?

When damage on planes in dogfights is a little off half the forum goes on a riot, but when things are wrong in bombing, it's another story.

I did not yet flew out on other servers for counter-checking. Just noticed it on my favourite server, so I was in concern.

Well, if thats the "global" case, than the developers have indeed to tweak it again.

I mean, full hits with a 1800kg bomb on factories and they went destroyed in visual.

Are you sure that every factory inside the mission area is made counting?

5 minutes ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

Are you sure that every factory inside the mission area is made counting? 

The stuff that got destroyed, probably isn't, and shouldn't. Doesn't look very factory-ish to me. The hangar normally counts, but I think I only handle it near airfields. Not sure about the long white building, I'll check. But none of these guys were damaged anyway.

This was a problem on Finnish last year. Buildings were resisting bomb blasts but would be destroyed by a 20mm cannon; you're right coconut in that the developers seem to give very little attention to mud-moving and bombers.

It happend to me this night even on marked factories. I think it was earlier, that every factory inside mission area could get spotted for intel and destroyed? At least destroyed....

Visually they were bombed away and everything were burning this night, still 0 countings.

Couldn't that be because in 3.010b kill notifications on buildings were deactivated?

Never mind, I think I know why. I haven't used the VLuki scenario for a while, and I need to update a thing or two. In particular the marking of factories. I'll skip to the next campaign.

No. I was not getting some building kill message, even after landing and in main menu.

The map Veliki Luki is awesome btw :)

And thanks to internal view only again

PS:

Not sure what caused it, but I got a "friendly fire" message after my flight from Port Tuapse, where I destroyed 83 ground targets, so 0 points.

Flew for the Luftwaffe, dont worry, I was deep in enemy territory.

Hope at least I've made an impact there on supplies.

Greetings to all

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

On 2/14/2019 at 7:00 PM, I/KG1_Chattytumbler said:

Example of my bombing problem. Target selected from low level after my wingman 110 flew over and called in the target. Line up and bomb release from 2k. Both compounds on either side of the middle factory look like legitimate targets so I hit the one on the left. Solid hit and secondary explosions confirm targets destroyed. No points awarded and nothing in sortie log means it looks like I hit a 'background' building. If anyone has some example screenshots of 'real' targets it would be hugely appreciated!

No pictures (as always I forgot to press the BDA camera button) here, but the very same experience: a 500 kg hit blowing away 6 to 8 of those smaller (wooden) barracks - one could see the roofs changing to heaps of rubble following the blasts shockwave. No message during the mission. Together with a 2nd 500kg bomb the stats show a bunch of damaged buildings (10 - 30%) and just 2 recorded as destroyed.

Edited by 216th_Retnek
PS: please don't give up the Luki map and this very interesting short frontline focus. That's a very good representation of a fight focussed to conquer / defend an important railroad junction!

Here's something odd.  I flew a mission, shot down an aircraft and landed.  Received the successful mission message, etc. from the game.  The text said I had landed and my plane was reserved at the airbase.  I then was interrupted and had to go away from the screen for several minutes.  When I came back the briefing screen was still up but the successful landing message now said I was killed.  I looked in statistics in IL-2 and it did have me listed and dead.  Is there something new I missed?

And these faux deaths are flowing right into coconut's stats.

EDIT:  I flew three missions, faux deaths on the two fighter missions, a bomber one had no issue.

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95

13 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

And these faux deaths are flowing right into coconut's stats.

EDIT:  I flew three missions, faux deaths on the two fighter missions, a bomber one had no issue.

Coconut has no influence over the stats. It's a game bug that is recorded on something that's also coded by a dev.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

Coconut has no influence over the stats. It's a game bug that is recorded on something that's also coded by a dev.

Yep, just wasn't sure how prevalent this is.

24 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Why is the server limited to 19 slots? 😦

Because of the server overload bug. With external views disabled, it can't take 40 players.

23 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Here's something odd.  I flew a mission, shot down an aircraft and landed.  Received the successful mission message, etc. from the game.  The text said I had landed and my plane was reserved at the airbase.  I then was interrupted and had to go away from the screen for several minutes.  When I came back the briefing screen was still up but the successful landing message now said I was killed.  I looked in statistics in IL-2 and it did have me listed and dead.  Is there something new I missed?

You were obviously spotted deserting the war effort when you left the screen and were subsequently shot for desertion.

Justice was served. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thad said:

You were obviously spotted deserting the war effort when you left the screen and were subsequently shot for desertion.

Justice was served. 😀

Other theories include being run over by a Kübelwagen while walking to debrief, having a pallet full of ammo dropped on me, or just a heart attack.  Anyway I feel like Netflix's Russian Doll.

• Haha 1

Surly expert can have more than 19 coco I’ve never experienced any disconnect issues maybe even 30 instead of 19 ? 

On 2/16/2019 at 6:40 PM, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

On 2/16/2019 at 7:39 PM, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

My Pilots are all counted as Dead 1 Minute after I finished Flight. 

I managed to die twice even 15 Minutes after Finish Flight. http://coconutside.eu:8080/de/sortie/log/85689/?tour=8

Very boring this Bug! After a resuply fly, i leave my plane, looking the map, talk with Petter, then, i saw i was kill...

http://coconutside.eu:8080/fr/sortie/log/86449/?tour=8

All this time, preserving my avatar's pilot, killed by a bug...

• Upvote 1

Dear coconut! I really like your server (EXPERT), but there is one question. I apologize for my English, I am writing through Google translator. On February 16th, strange things happened on Saturday. As I found out later, many of my sorties were counted for statistics as “crashed”, but this is not the case. Inside the game, all my landings at my airfield were counted as "normal", I was always given a new plane, I flew as usual. But then, one day later, I saw that in statistics I fell down, it turned out that many of the sorties counted as "crashed". Why is this happening, maybe I did something wrong?

FOR COCONUT.jpg

Edited by =SF=Kastro

I made a bug report but no one has posted to it, see below.  This deserves a hot fix.

Also see this post:

Edited by VBF-12_Stick-95
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, coconut said:

Because of the server overload bug. With external views disabled, it can't take 40 players.

Disabling external views costs server resources? How weird! Do we know why? Maybe it’s constantly checking in with clients or computing views or something. Very weird.

1 hour ago, Alonzo said:

Disabling external views costs server resources? How weird! Do we know why? Maybe it’s constantly checking in with clients or computing views or something. Very weird.

Extremely weird, I could have understood the other way: When external views are on, to avoid weird trajectories for planes far from you, the server must send updates more often. But that's not it. In any case, my test was done without anyone connected except the DServer account.

В 18.02.2019 в 17:56, VBF-12_Stick-95 сказал:

Я сделал сообщение об ошибке, но никто не опубликовал его, см. Ниже. Это заслуживает оперативного исправления.

Также смотрите этот пост:

Errors in the game log ... Hmm ....
But why in the statistics of other servers I did not find anything like that? And in Cocos statistics, many have it ....

Question: Is the time on the server assigned accordingly for this time zone?

Edited by =SF=Kastro
  • Upvote 2

On 2/22/2019 at 5:47 PM, =SF=Kastro said:

But why in the statistics of other servers I did not find anything like that?

We have it also on our server.

1 час назад, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

У нас это есть и на нашем сервере.

But, apparently, to a much lesser extent? After all, I could not randomly choose such a case on your server, but here it was easy and often.

Edited by =SF=Kastro

I believe I managed to counter this bug-killed thing by disconnecting the server after all landings. Last night I didn't have any bug-kills while Friday night when I did not disconnet after landings I had two with around the same amount of sorties. Of course it might have just been luck last night but maybe not.

Yes, I just was after landing, around 10 minutes in server main menu, waiting for server restart and - I just got killed in main menu after landing, lol.

I think too, if I would have disconnect after landing, I would have been alive after rejoin.

PS:

Lol, I checked my stats just a sec ago....

How it comes, that I have a "fair play index" only of 90% ?

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82

1 hour ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

Lol, I checked my stats just a sec ago....

How it comes, that I have a "fair play index" only of 90% ?

Because of the disconnect while in -flight.

• Thanks 1

I think that the clear connection between the game itself and the statistics was broken at the place where the statistics perceive the end of the departure (successfully). This is where data is skipped and death is automatically recorded.
Therefore, yes, so far the only way out - after landing - it is completely out of the game. But since the statistics do not “see” the landing, this method can be considered “exit from the server in flight” or “disconnection”, and as a result the fair play index falls

So there is no completely good solution yet.

Edited by =SF=Kastro

12 minutes ago, 615sqn_Buzz said:

Hello, I no longer have access to the page "coconutside" for the stats.

Buzz

A windows update messed up right and permissions in the file systeme. I need to figure out how to fix that, which hopefully shouldn't take me too long. Until then, the stats are down.

I just had soem great fun on teh Server. Thank you Coconut.

Amongst my kills was an AI IL2, flying lonely at 2.000m altitude - exactly at cloud height.

Two things could be improved here:

1) IL-2 mainly flew at heights of 300 - 800m, very rarely above 1k.

2) Also, they mostly flew in groups of 4, up to 16 as far as I remember. The later in the war, the bigger the flight size.

Thanks once more for the maintaining the server!

Ok, So I am a little frustrated by the lack of info on the campaign.

I have read the entire manual and there is NO info on the basics of this server/campaign.

For example... Just a few things like..

What is your pin?

What does a pin do?

What are points?

Do I spend points?

How do I spend points?

What are reserved aircraft?

How do I reserve aircraft?

What is a "Partially new aircraft"?

What does "Require +0.5" mean in the description?

What is my password and username for reserving aircraft ---my usual password does not work, tried using pin still does not work?

Why am I not on the stats website? (Yes I even went to the FAQ, and all it says is "if your inactive for 7 days you will not be on there". But I am currently active!)

What does "Takeoff from a rear airfield mean"?

Do we initiate an advance?

How do we initiate an advance?

I appreciate the very detailed .pdf on the MECHANICS of the campaign, however all these more important things are not mentioned anywhere. Literally for the "In A Hurry" section, it tells you to just get in a plane and do what you normally do. 

Edited by Fang333333