Jump to content
coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

Recommended Posts

I don't know if this is part of the same issue, but I also experimented recently some instances where targets were visually destroyed yet no score and no ground kills were reported by the game. In this case targets were items in "storage" areas and the visual confirmation was the usual small fires accompanied by the smoke columns. No big deal anyway; also it seemed to happen only with bombs and never with rockets.

Edited by Nibbio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nibbio said:

I don't know if this is part of the same issue, but I also experimented recently some instances where targets were visually destroyed yet no score and no ground kills were reported by the game. In this case targets were items in "storage" areas and the visual confirmation was the usual small fires accompanied by the smoke columns. No big deal anyway; also it seemed to happen only with bombs and never with rockets.

 Confirmed!

Happend to me as well today.

I flew out the StuKa with a 1800kg bomb and throw it on a factory complex next to camo-net storages....no message, no kill list, nothing in statistic....but the factory was burning like hell

 

Is that the reason why Coco's Expert is not available atm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being new to Sturmovik 2 I am lovng the Coconut server and the comyouneaty round it.

Bought Russia, Stalingrat and them Moscow and JU-52 cuz of teh awesome.

broken nao?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

With respect, Coconut. That does not seem to be the case

If I understood the problem correctly, I have no control over it.

 

5 hours ago, Nibbio said:

I don't know if this is part of the same issue, but I also experimented recently some instances where targets were visually destroyed yet no score and no ground kills were reported by the game. In this case targets were items in "storage" areas and the visual confirmation was the usual small fires accompanied by the smoke columns. No big deal anyway; also it seemed to happen only with bombs and never with rockets

Not much I can do about the messages. I hope the log keeps reporting the damage, though.

1 hour ago, KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82 said:

Is that the reason why Coco's Expert is not available atm?

 

1 hour ago, Henree said:

broken nao?

The previous campaign on Moscow ended with a win for the Axis. New campaign started on Kuban, where we'll stay until the bridge bug is fixed. There's relatively few rivers there compared to the other maps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2018 at 1:29 PM, coconut said:

That makes the campaign rather pointless, sadly. It's still playable, so I'll leave the servers up until the host rental goes out at the end of the month.

 

May I ask your approximate server specs and the cost of hosting? (I'm just curious...most of the servers seem to be in Europe).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

 

May I ask your approximate server specs and the cost of hosting? (I'm just curious...most of the servers seem to be in Europe).

https://www.ovh.ie/dedicated_servers/game/1801mc04.xml

You have to add a windows server license on top, $20 a month.

I suppose the cheaper MC-64 and MC-32 would work too. Actually, I might change next month.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a good fight tonight with SvAF/F16_OndaAnkan, SvAF/F16_Katla, SvAF/F16_radek, we were flying the 190's, well flown:). <S>

 

Black-Bart

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Black-Bart said:

Had a good fight tonight with SvAF/F16_OndaAnkan, SvAF/F16_Katla, SvAF/F16_radek, we were flying the 190's, well flown:). <S>

 

Black-Bart

 

<S> Black bart, well flown. That was il2 at it’s best!

 

Did you by any chance record that fight? At one point alone and running with my pants down from 2x 190’s and at least 3x 109’s before OndaAnkan could assist was exhilarating to say the least. Made it back eventually, ammo all spent and engine died on touch down :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/3/2018 at 8:54 AM, =BULAT=Bars021KZ said:

почему меня уже 2 месяц выкидывает из сервера и пишет was kicktd объясните не пойму

 

Вы должны взлететь с заднего аэродрома. Чтобы вылететь с переднего аэродрома, вам нужно сначала приземлиться.

 

(Courtesy of google translate, I don't speak Russian)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SvAF/F16_radek said:

 

<S> Black bart, well flown. That was il2 at it’s best!

 

Did you by any chance record that fight? At one point alone and running with my pants down from 2x 190’s and at least 3x 109’s before OndaAnkan could assist was exhilarating to say the least. Made it back eventually, ammo all spent and engine died on touch down :)

 

Yeah got the tacview if that is any good for you?

 

Me and Black-Witch were the 190's it looked like the 109's were AI, the fight was about 10mins long, I was very hot after the fight and sounding like Darth Vader, fighting in VR does that too you lol.

 

Black-Bart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SvAF/F16_radek said:

 

<S> Black bart, well flown. That was il2 at it’s best!

 

Did you by any chance record that fight? At one point alone and running with my pants down from 2x 190’s and at least 3x 109’s before OndaAnkan could assist was exhilarating to say the least. Made it back eventually, ammo all spent and engine died on touch down :)

 

Hi radek,

 

I did film the fight, it's over 10 minutes long! and that's only from when we first met you when you 3 were already fighting a 109. The Tacview version is of course smaller and more informative for debriefing, shall I send that, the Track, or both, how would like me to send them?

 

When we chose to leave the fight we were both "hot and bothered", as you say IL-2 at it's best :)

 

Salute.

 

Witch

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Two things that make me angry.
 
1/ Some blue pilots like HASBULAT or HUND for example FIND VERY funny to shot planes during take off or better (HASBULAT) during lading with damaged engine !!!!
This is not fair play and prove if necessary their poor mentality ....regarding HASBULAT his vituosity consist to kill a pilot without any possibillity of defense!!!  prove....just after his "performence" he was killed in fight (a real fight that time) by 56RAF_BOOT (many thanks 56RAF!!!!!!)
 
2/ Regarding devs more than Coconut .......why pilots ejecting from planes above see or lake are considered as killed when parachute down in water ????????
Even in the old IL-2 1946 a pilot down in the see was equiped with life jacket and considered as alive or prisonner depending of place ?
Devs should  be advisable to place that bug in one of the first rank to solve quickly.
Edited by CCG_Pips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

1/ Some blue pilots like HASBULAT or HUND for example FIND VERY funny to shot planes during take off or better (HASBULAT) during lading with damaged engine !!!!

This is not fair play and prove if necessary their poor mentality ....regarding HASBULAT his vituosity consist to kill a pilot without any possibillity of defense!!!  prove....just after his "performence" he was killed in fight (a real fight that time) by 56RAF_BOOT (many thanks 56RAF!!!!!!)

 

It would be interesting to know if some red pilots do the same ? After all it's war !

No need to give names, its  just to know if this behavior exists on both sides.

 

Anyway we had a lot of fun yesterday with other french pilots over Dzhubga : OBT squad, Pips, 13Nrv yogi and me !

 

 

Edited by -LaFrench-bexhausted
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was very nice to see French pilots entering the server in numbers, there were also many from NN-squad. We had many encounters with you along the coastline 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear SvAF/F16_ArgaMyggan, I knew it was close when we passed at closing speed near 1000km/h  but didn't realize Aftonbladet can't open between our wingtips. Thanks for the scare 😱

 

 

 

 

IL-2__Sturmovik__Battle_of_Stalingrad_Screenshot_2018_10.07_-_00_50_47_28.thumb.png.3a0f348b49f60f0343f2ad8d28b40e76.png

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 9:23 PM, Black-Bart said:

 

Yeah got the tacview if that is any good for you?

 

Me and Black-Witch were the 190's it looked like the 109's were AI, the fight was about 10mins long, I was very hot after the fight and sounding like Darth Vader, fighting in VR does that too you lol.

 

Black-Bart


Would gladly get both the tacview and the track! One of the best fights I´ve had, especially in VR. 

S!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SvAF/F16_OndaAnkan said:


Would gladly get both the tacview and the track! One of the best fights I´ve had, especially in VR. 

S!  

 

I've sent a pm with the links in to the files on my OneDrive.

 

Cheers

 

Witch

 

Edited by Black-Witch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This afternoon a BUG on the mission played at 14h00 (GMT).......
 
On the Neftayanya battle tanks the German tanks were headed from North to South and Russian to other direction (not logical).......
 
Then, I fired on German tanks and got the message "fire on allies", I fired then on Russian tanks and same message (of course)
 
So I cancelled that mission. Wills ee what happen on final results!
 
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2018 at 9:38 AM, CCG_Pips said:
Two things that make me angry.
 
1/ Some blue pilots like HASBULAT or HUND for example FIND VERY funny to shot planes during take off or better (HASBULAT) during lading with damaged engine !!!!
This is not fair play and prove if necessary their poor mentality ....regarding HASBULAT his vituosity consist to kill a pilot without any possibillity of defense!!!  prove....just after his "performence" he was killed in fight (a real fight that time) by 56RAF_BOOT (many thanks 56RAF!!!!!!)
 
2/ Regarding devs more than Coconut .......why pilots ejecting from planes above see or lake are considered as killed when parachute down in water ????????
Even in the old IL-2 1946 a pilot down in the see was equiped with life jacket and considered as alive or prisonner depending of place ?
Devs should  be advisable to place that bug in one of the first rank to solve quickly.

Your allowed to kill on ground or landing/take off p51s shooting down 262’s wasn’t fair was it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great video Kalle! When somebody takes command and calls pilots to do raid together, fun and total destruction is the outcome 👊

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Great video Kalle! When somebody takes command and calls pilots to do raid together, fun and total destruction is the outcome 👊

 

Exactly!

And beside my much less experience on other servers, I dare to say the working-together-factor is a little bit lower than on Coconut.

 

Glad you liked it, greetings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is some evidence of our contribution to carry bombs and harass the flak. Forbidden symbol is visible on video!

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes Buzz. The Axis were the winners on the expert server and the Allies were the winners on the normal server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coconut has to start new campaigns on both expert and normal. The current "tours" end on the last day of the month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 615sqn_Buzz said:

Ok thank you. And the next one starts in November or October. Excuse me but I'm new on Coconut.

You're welcome, Buzz.  

2 hours ago, 615sqn_Buzz said:

Ok thank you. And the next one starts in November or October. Excuse me but I'm new on Coconut.

I see you are with ACG. So was I...in fact, I'm meeting Kev tomorrow night for a beer.

As you are new to BoS...if you need any help,,,, shout out and I'll help where I can.

Take care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Coconut,

 

Would you please explain to me why there was no scored for the following mission?

 

Took of from Novorossiysk at 04.06 on Sunday 14 October

Destroyed MGC 30 Turret at 04.41

Destroyed Flak 30 Turret at 04.33

Destroyed Flak 30 Turret at 04.36

Landed Novorossiysk at 05.01

(Total flight time 55 minutes)

 

These targets were marked as destroyed yet no scores given in the Coconut server but were given in the Stormovik game.....why is that? A bug perhaps?

Edited by No.85_Camm
addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I hopped on the server I noticed a number of players with names "Player-1234" etc. I was wondering if those players represent bots or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart bots doing missions !   More like 007 types who aren't proud of their country of tag But most likely  just plain ran out of ideas for names after being banned multiple times on multiple servers !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 10:13 AM, =SqSq=switch201 said:

Last time I hopped on the server I noticed a number of players with names "Player-1234" etc. I was wondering if those players represent bots or what?

 

I'm not sure but perhaps the players name has characters in a different language (Russian, Chinese ect). I remember in Ro2 that would happen. 

 

But who knows, it could be the 400 pound Russian hacker that Lord Donald Trump warned us about. 

Edited by NETSCAPE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That player-.... nicknames are just random defalut name for players that didnt conect their steam and not steam lancher games when they had that option not so long ago, its just human players that didnt change that default name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hereby accuse Hardymachtparty of blatant cheating.

He has been shot down 5 times and each time he disconnected....just so he can preserve his career.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...