coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

Personally I don't remember last time I had a disconnect, but it's true I haven't spent much time online this last month. It seems people playing on other servers are complaining too. In any case, I moved the server from Strasbourg to Frankfurt. If you are still having problem then all I can say is that's unfortunate, but I'm not going to try a new server every month. Moving the stuff takes time.

• Like 1

Of course, that's understandable. Well, as I said I seemed to have fixed my issue last night by lowering the MTU a little.

59 minutes ago, coconut said:

Personally I don't remember last time I had a disconnect, but it's true I haven't spent much time online this last month. It seems people playing on other servers are complaining too. In any case, I moved the server from Strasbourg to Frankfurt. If you are still having problem then all I can say is that's unfortunate, but I'm not going to try a new server every month. Moving the stuff takes time.

23 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Of course, that's understandable. Well, as I said I seemed to have fixed my issue last night by lowering the MTU a little.

I understand that Coconut and I am grateful for everything that you haver tried.

Thank you Leifr. I have lowered my MTU and put in the number you suggest...….so I'll give that a try.

Personally, I think it's to do with the main server......after the last update

Spoke too soon, disconnected this morning mid-flight. I will try lowering the MTU a little more again to 1400.

I can confirm as well that the tracert command to cocnut's server is fine, there are no node spikes like last time.

Latest update has definitely bust something.

Edited by Leifr

35 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Spoke too soon, disconnected this morning mid-flight. I will try lowering the MTU a little more again to 1400.

I can confirm as well that the tracert command to cocnut's server is fine, there are no node spikes like last time.

Latest update has definitely bust something.

That's shame Leifr.

It was worth a try.

I think the same...…..I am sure it was the last update and even though I have reported it as a bug...……...it seems the report 'fell on 'deaf ears'.

Oh well...…..  seems like we will just have to put up with it

I also did a tracert and like your...mine came up fine

Edited by No.85_Camm

And another disconnect! Frustrated by this I went digging through the forum and found this post by HansPhillip. I ran through his suggestion of pinging coconut's server with 1500 bytes of data, low and behold I received 100% loss. Lowering it to 1450 (which I have my MTU set to) resulted in 75% loss. I wonder then if the accumulative packet loss over this afternoon's flight (several sorties) eventually resulted in my being kicked.

I am now setting it to the value where I receive no packet losses, in my case it is 1372.

Edited by Leifr

Coconut expert has external views coco can you change it back ?

External views are on as a work-around for a very weird bug in DServer: Disabling external views causes DServer to get overloaded.

See

Edited by coconut

Hello, certainly I do not play every day. But I never had a disconnect on this game. However, before, every time I played, I had a reminder of my password ... This is not the case now ... Why?
Buzz

:)resolved

Edited by 615sqn_Buzz

Well fuckin' great, I'm done with this until it's fixed.

Game disconnects randomly, ain't nothing I can do about it. Took a couple of minor hits just now, game disconnects and the other pilot is gifted a kill on me.

Coconut, you got a great server. I hope 777 can fix this issue...

5 hours ago, SvAF/F16_Katla said:

Thanks again for an awesome server!

Some fun I had some weeks back:

Very impressive work, I would have killed myself a dozen times trying to do something like that + I hate all night and bad weather missions. We fly only weekends and you can imagine how thrilled we are after waiting the whole week to see conditions like that :wacko:

But great job, you machosist killa!

Had a good time yesterday :).
- First mission, I shot down an IL-2, Everything went well.
- Second mission, I shot down an enemy AI, see link below. Anyway, it was not counted as kill. What is the reason?

http://coconutside.eu:8080/en/sortie/log/80493/?tour=8

Thanks for the server! I love the combination of humans and AI, makes stuff more interesting :)

@yogi If you are talking about the stats site:

Why statistics on the site does not coincide with the statistics in the game?

Algorithms collection statistics IL2 stats differs from statistics in-game. As a consequence of these statistics will not coincide with the game.

If you are talking about the in-game stats, then I don't know.

On 2/2/2019 at 11:37 PM, Leifr said:

Well fuckin' great, I'm done with this until it's fixed.

Game disconnects randomly, ain't nothing I can do about it. Took a couple of minor hits just now, game disconnects and the other pilot is gifted a kill on me.

Coconut, you got a great server. I hope 777 can fix this issue...

I am afraid the problem must be somewhere on your side. Right now I do not remember any disconnect ever (although my memory is admittedly bad ...), and have not heard about such a thing from the people I am usually flying with, at least not about repeated disconnects. I did have problems some years ago, but the reason turned out to be faulty cables in my home...

Edited by 216th_Nocke
... on the other hand ... maybe I am just lucky and do have a more stable "internet path" to the server. Anyways, just saying, not everybody has those disconnection problems, so it does not look like a server or game problem to me.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 216th_Nocke said:

I am afraid the problem must be somewhere on your side. Right now I do not remember any disconnect ever (although my memory is admittedly bad ...), and have not heard about such a thing from the people I am usually flying with, at least not about repeated disconnects. I did have problems some years ago, but the reason turned out to be faulty cables in my home...

I doubt that it is a problems at Leifr's end. I am also having multiple disconnects and I have no problems with my broadband or ISP. The problems only started after the last update. I have been playing on Coconuts server for over a year and the disconnect problems only started in January this year

Leifr's issues started roughly a week ago and the last update was... sometime mid-December?
We've been talking about it in our group and he's currently trying to sort out his cables to see if that helps.

Who knows what changes were made to the master server behind the scenes in the meantime, if any. But unless there was an update I missed in the meantime it'd be weird for the December update to cause issues in late January, no? Especially how erratic it is. He can fly fine for hours on end or get a d/c the second he spawns in and everything in between.

Edit:

Also the two of you being from the UK and issues starting roughly around the same time, you should DM and see if you have the same ISP or hardware or something. Could be a lead.

Edited by wellenbrecher

2 hours ago, coconut said:

@yogi If you are talking about the stats site:

If you are talking about the in-game stats, then I don't know.

Coconut, I talk about the missionstats from your site:

http://coconutside.eu:8080/en/sortie/log/80493/?tour=8

Your site's missions detail recorded the combat, but it did not count the kill. For details please see link, I don't want to spam this thread ;) .

Btw: Can you fly on your PC @ Kuban with full graphics ? I need to buy a new one...

My old 970 could do Kuban on Ultra before I upgraded, so his 980 ti will be able to do it twice without breaking a sweat😋

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Both servers down for the past 12 hours?

That's what I am seeing. I know Coconut thought there were some things that changed in the recent updates that might impact on how the missions worked. I'm guessing he found some items that needed changing. Hopefully, it won't be too long before they are back up.

Still suffering disconnects, only now I am getting a lot of timeouts on the tracert command. :(

1     5 ms     5 ms     6 ms  192.168.0.1
  2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  3    12 ms    12 ms    12 ms  nott-core-2b-xe-1007-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.1.29]
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5    20 ms    16 ms    14 ms  tcl5-ic-6-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net [62.254.85.66]
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7    24 ms    22 ms    20 ms  be100-1042.rbx-g2-nc5.fr.eu [213.251.130.102]
  8    27 ms    30 ms    27 ms  be100-1047.fra-5-a9.de.eu [94.23.122.241]
  9    28 ms    30 ms    36 ms  be101.fra1-lim1-g2-nc5.de.eu [94.23.122.247]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13    34 ms    35 ms    34 ms  ns3109660.ip-54-37-88.eu [54.37.88.10]

Trace complete.

That’s what happens when an update comes late at night: you have to wait until the end of the next working day to enjoy updated servers. They should be up within the hour, unless there’s an unexpected issue. 

Timeouts in tracert are normal, not all nodes reply. 

• Thanks 2

Hi Coco :)

Unfortunately I was kicked again (connection lost) while flying with 2 wingmen at 5:10 pm BST, they were not kicked though , so maybe to do with my ISP? anyhoo, it's still only your server I get kicked from.

<S>

Witch

11 minutes ago, coconut said:

That’s what happens when an update comes late at night

Late at night? That was my evening sortie 😄

@coconut I just want to say thank you for that awesome server. I've been playing for the last few days and I love the changes you made. The map Stalingrad is quite small and I love it. Perfect for less than 30 players.

I still can't find out exactly what are the rules for spawning and how luxury points and plane reservation works as it seems the manual is a bit vague on that, but the messages usually are good enough to let me know if I can spawn or not. 

Runs really well for me so far! Thanks again!

Is it because of the uptdate i'm unable to destroy a dugout withe a single 132mm rocket? Before, i just need one shot, now day, a hit give less than 6 percent of destruction (most of the time, near about 1,5%).

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, coconut said:

@NN_RazorYes, that's being investigated and adjusted.

Thanks! will be very hard to reduce this dugouts! 

On 2/9/2019 at 9:37 AM, coconut said:

@Black-WitchWhere are you located?

Hi Coconut,

I'm in the UK near London. I have cable broadband (ISP = Virgin) with a good ping to your server, around 40ms.

Cheers

Witch

@Black-Witch

Can you delete your startup.cfg and allow the game to rebuild a new one? I have tried this and, so far since Friday, have not had a disconnect. @No.85_Camm has had similar success for the time being. We can't be totally sure yet that it is the fix but so far, so good.

By the by, I am also on Virgin Media in Nottingham. I believe Camm is too, but in Lincolnshire.

Edited by Leifr

1 hour ago, Leifr said:

@Black-Witch

Can you delete your startup.cfg and allow the game to rebuild a new one? I have tried this and, so far since Friday, have not had a disconnect. @No.85_Camm has had similar success for the time being. We can't be totally sure yet that it is the fix but so far, so good.

By the by, I am also on Virgin Media in Nottingham. I believe Camm is too, but in Lincolnshire.

Will give it a go now, cheers Leifr :)

Witch

Hey Coconut's,

I have enjoyed your dynamic campaigns for awhile now. Nice work with them.

Just wondering if you are going to come out with an update to your Campaign Manual that reflects and maybe explains some of the new in game map changes that the designers recently added? 

Going with Greywolf's post, is there any chance the manual could include more pictures of what counts as legitimate targets. Draco and myself spend quite a lot of time looking around the map for things to hit. Even when we think we've found something it rarely seems to count as an actual target and is either just 'background' buildings or no kills are recorded when we flatten something :) It particularly seems to be the case with factories! - it's definitely an issue with us being relatively new here and not your server!

1 minute ago, I/KG1_Chattytumbler said:

Going with Greywolf's post, is there any chance the manual could include more pictures of what counts as legitimate targets. Draco and myself spend quite a lot of time looking around the map for things to hit. Even when we think we've found something it rarely seems to count as an actual target and is either just 'background' buildings or no kills are recorded when we flatten something :) It particularly seems to be the case with factories! - it's definitely an issue with us being relatively new here and not your server!

Yes, this would be nice. It can be hard to discern what is and isn't a target at 5K - factories are definitely the biggest culprit. I really appreciate the factor that we must scout out targets first Coconut, but some recon pictures of what a typical 'factory' looks like with all of it's component parts would be ace.

1 hour ago, Leifr said:

Yes, this would be nice. It can be hard to discern what is and isn't a target at 5K - factories are definitely the biggest culprit. I really appreciate the factor that we must scout out targets first Coconut, but some recon pictures of what a typical 'factory' looks like with all of it's component parts would be ace.

With some experience it isn't too difficult to scout out the factories. Except the Kuban-map one can find light-grey areas in the map presenting industry, too. Coconut took the pain and defined them as target areas individually - a hell lot of work. For presenting target photos there is Discord f.e.

I still have the impression the buildings are much harder to destroy since the last patch. Had not much time, but several 500 kg and 250 kg bombs dropped into intact industrial areas resulted in 2 or 3 buildings destroyed. The stats server later delivered a few more damages from 10 to 20%. All in all I must have been very unlucky or the buildings were hardened considerably.

Edited by 216th_Retnek
typo