coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

On 10/16/2018 at 10:13 AM, =SqSq=switch201 said:

Last time I hopped on the server I noticed a number of players with names "Player-1234" etc. I was wondering if those players represent bots or what?

I'm not sure but perhaps the players name has characters in a different language (Russian, Chinese ect). I remember in Ro2 that would happen. 

But who knows, it could be the 400 pound Russian hacker that Lord Donald Trump warned us about. 

Edited by NETSCAPE

That player-.... nicknames are just random defalut name for players that didnt conect their steam and not steam lancher games when they had that option not so long ago, its just human players that didnt change that default name.

I hereby accuse Hardymachtparty of blatant cheating.

He has been shot down 5 times and each time he disconnected....just so he can preserve his career.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

I hereby accuse Hardymachtparty of blatant cheating.

He has been shot down 5 times and each time he disconnected....just so he can preserve his career.

Tztz, those young overstrung guys, career-driven even in spare time. Later on they're burn out and stress our health insurances ... :rolleyes:

I have come back to IL-2. The more I play this server the more I realize it is superior than the others.

The server manual provided is good. However, the address: http://coconutside.eu:8083/ that tells you your cash and what planes you have stationed where should be on the first post with all the other valuable links. After searching for "pin" in this thread is the only way I found that link here. I also searched "cash" in this thread and I still have yet to learn how to actually spend my 2000 cash on anything. Do I just spawn wherever and the amount for plane X is deducted from my bank?

The pin is shown to you only in the chat a minute or two after you log in. Cash is no longer used. You have to start from the rear airfield, and from then on you can take off again from where you landed. 

5 minutes ago, coconut said:

The pin is shown to you only in the chat a minute or two after you log in. Cash is no longer used. You have to start from the rear airfield, and from then on you can take off again from where you landed. 

oh yeah for sure, I should have been more clear. I see my pin in your server, which led me to search "pin" on here ect... Cool I will disregard my shekels than. 

What dictates an AF is active vs non active? For example yesterday I flew a fw190 to a centrally located (active) airfield, not on the front line. Today that AF is not active unfortunately. I really like the concept here but if that kept happening it could be annoying, like "hey, already spent X amount of time moving planes, annnnnd now it doesn't matter." - taking into account my example is not a frontline field. I understand the war moves and with it everything else. (supplied Agoy a couple days ago only to see it fall to commies, heh.)

I flew many hours on Expert server yesterday, I have to say that I love it!

Some interesting server mechanics and interesting objectives.
I especially like the fact that IA patrols/attackers can spawn, it adds more life and variety to the server (some IAs are pretty dumb, but eh it's IA :D)

And even if you are almost alone on the server you're never bored, because you always have something to do and a patrol can intercept you at any time.

I guess I found my main server for a moment o7

12 hours ago, NETSCAPE said:

oh yeah for sure, I should have been more clear. I see my pin in your server, which led me to search "pin" on here ect... Cool I will disregard my shekels than. 

What dictates an AF is active vs non active? For example yesterday I flew a fw190 to a centrally located (active) airfield, not on the front line. Today that AF is not active unfortunately. I really like the concept here but if that kept happening it could be annoying, like "hey, already spent X amount of time moving planes, annnnnd now it doesn't matter." - taking into account my example is not a frontline field. I understand the war moves and with it everything else. (supplied Agoy a couple days ago only to see it fall to commies, heh.)

There is no airfield deactivation mechanism. If an airfield appears grayed out it’s because it has no planes, or it’s because of the balancer (but then all airfields are disabled). An airfield can run out of planes even though you have planes reserved there due to enemies strafing them, or if it’s been under attack by ground troops. 

Coco, If you could get the developers to do 5 things to enhance multiplayer dynamic campaigns what would they be? 

I have renewed the server rental for another month, I trust the bridge entity bug will be corrected.

20 hours ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

Coco, If you could get the developers to do 5 things to enhance multiplayer dynamic campaigns what would they be? 

1. A mechanism to control what planes are available to players, per player, plane and airfield. The current mechanism which goes via the logs and kicks players is sluggish and rude to users.
  2. Improve DServer's performance. This would allow me to lower the costs of server rental, or increase AI activity in the missions (convoys, ground battles...)
  3. A server-side plugin/scripting to receive notifications immediately instead of going through the log, which are 30s to 1min delayed (kind of covered by my point 1 above)
  4. Expose road graph data so that I can generate paths for convoys automatically. Currently I need to mark paths between regions manually, it's a lot of work
  5. Improve the chat window. Not specific to dynamic campaigns, but it's especially important there because the campaign script engine uses that to communicate important info to users. The improvements I have in mind are: rendering performance (VR users have it hidden), access to history while in flight, separate system chat messages from players'.

The points above a ranked from most to least valuable to me. Point 4 especially is only valuable to my campaign. AFAIK other dynamic campaigns don't use convoys, which IMO is a pity.

Edited by coconut

2 hours ago, coconut said:

AFAIK other dynamic campaigns don't use convoys, which IMO is a pity.

I wholeheartedly agree. There is so much cool potential in these dynamic campaigns. It is refreshing to have something other than "roll the map"-rinse and repeat. In the financial calculus the devs have to put their efforts toward putting bread on the table but I don't see why  other games make it big in multiplayer and this one can't (oh because we are a small community of obscure geeks).

Hopefully devs will see your points above and throw us a bone.

Maybe this has been already discussed, sorry if it is the case

If I am correct, if you land a damaged plane in an airfield, this plane will not be available to you anymore. Example: you transfer a plane from a rear airfield to a front-line one, then you carry out a mission where you are damaged by enemy fire but you are able to come back to your airfield and land... just to see how you have lost the right to use that plane anymore.

I understand that the plane could be out of order for a while, "while it is repaired", but it would be good to have it again available in the next mission.

Footage from the 27th Oktober evening, a solo mission.

@coconut

I suggested a while ago to bring more ground targets on the table, like artillery. As I read your last post, I think they are not on the map yet?

The server is getting more crowded in the last time, which I like 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Server down ?  no Coconut access to Expert missions ...😳

• Sad 2

Yea it seems expert is down again... happened yesterday too but came back up after 2 or 3 hours. Today it looks like its been down for about 9 or 10 hours. Very disappointing but hey, Im sure itll come back as soon as coconut gets it straightened out. I have faith! lol

I should also add that its become myself and my mates #1 go to server because it is, well, #1 😁

Edited by -=DA=-LtEthan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Coconut your our only hope! Save expert!

Edited by Banzaii

Hello Coconut,  a bug on names of cities on the new Moscow map ....please check😉

It's now correct Pips, might be caused by the change between Kuban and Moscow ?

Hello!

I have a question for you Coconut (or any pilot who knows the answer actually)

On the server manual it's written that the number between brackets displayed on each city is the number of "reserve tanks" in the area. Those tanks are supposed to be, according to the manual, under camouflage nets and destroyable.
I searched them for hours and I never found any tanks like this, is this an old feature who disappeared since the manual has been written, or am I particularly blind?

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Hello!

On the server manual it's written that the number between brackets displayed on each city is the number of "reserve tanks" in the area. Those tanks are supposed to be, according to the manual, under camouflage nets and destroyable.
I searched them for hours and I never found any tanks like this, is this an old feature who disappeared since the manual has been written, or am I particularly blind?

From mi side (reds) I found it near of Vereya.........> UNFORTUNATELLY, FlaK found me too !!!😄

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

Hello!

It might the manual that's out of date. Since then, I've changed it so that only the tanks that moved in the previous mission are exposed in tank parks. Other tanks are not exposed. It's a balance thing, without that the game just turned into who could destroy most tanks, and campaigns often ended up having a handful of tanks on the entire map.

This "new" system is a bit too harsh, though. I'll introduce new conditions to expose more tanks in the future. For instance, regions with more than 30 tanks are impossible to conquer (invading tank convoys are limited to 30 tanks), so I'll try putting all tanks above 30 into parks.

coconut, i wanted to say your killing it with these servers, well done, i remember years ago when it was less known, keep it up.

1 hour ago, CCG_Pips said:

From mi side (reds) I found it near of Vereya.........> UNFORTUNATELLY, FlaK found me too !!!😄

Yeah I saw those ones, literally 30min after I posted my question here 😄

39 minutes ago, coconut said:

It might the manual that's out of date. Since then, I've changed it so that only the tanks that moved in the previous mission are exposed in tank parks. Other tanks are not exposed. It's a balance thing, without that the game just turned into who could destroy most tanks, and campaigns often ended up having a handful of tanks on the entire map.

This "new" system is a bit too harsh, though. I'll introduce new conditions to expose more tanks in the future. For instance, regions with more than 30 tanks are impossible to conquer (invading tank convoys are limited to 30 tanks), so I'll try putting all tanks above 30 into parks.

Ok it explains a lot, thanks o7

And it could be a nice feature yes!

Hi Coconut

I have no idea if you can change this in mission editor, but there is a problem with Mozhaisk airfield (German side, no idea if it's the same Russian side)

We had a mission in the evening. I was taking off with a 109, checked the runway, all clear. Start engine, push it to take off... and I touch something. Propeller broken, can't fly again with this 109.

A searchlight just spawned right in front of me, 20m from parking... :scratch_one-s_head:

Spoiler

181107071257179685.png

Some time after, I land another aircraft on Mozhaisk, searchlights seem really badly placed... (circled in red)

Spoiler

181107071803520462.png

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

Hi Coconut.

The Normal server has been down for two days now and I am getting withdrawal symptons.

Will it be back any day soon?.....PLEASE

Edited by No.85_Camm
spelling mistake

I have implemented an auto restart of the campaign but haven’t tested it yet. I’ll do that this evening and hopefully it’s the last time people need to remind me 🤪