coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

46 minutes ago, Scratch666 said:

Can someone please tell me how I take off from Zenino,head east, cross into enemy territory and drop a 250 lb bomb on the storage facility colored red on the map and get friendly fire once I land back at Zenino and finish mission?  Never once did a fire a single round. I accepted the fact that as soon as my bomb was away, the message came across that any actions from this point will not be counted then boom!!!!  My bomb hits. Ok 15 minutes left let’s go put this plane down so it will be there for me tomorrow hopefully. So how gut wrenching to see an action counted for friendly fire. WTF?????????  

P.S. I checked my settings and have blue for friendlies and red for enemies. Now I am color blind,  but I can tell the difference between blue and red.  

Just wanted Ted to put this out there to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing?

Game bug on static objects that you bombed...

There’s a couple simple adjustments I want to make, then I’ll start the campaigns again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Why is the normal difficulty server down? Is it going back up?  

As someone who does not have trackir or the money/means to get one or a alternative I need the enemy dots and screen markers haha otherwise I would play expert. Also I don't get good enough fps to be able to identify planes with my shity graphics frames and head movement haha

Edited by DEG
Auto correct

5 minutes ago, DEG said:

Why is the normal difficulty server down? Is it going back up? 

The current campaign ended with an Axis victory. Coconut will start a new campaign but it normally takes some time before it starts.

6 hours ago, Gramps said:

The current campaign ended with an Axis victory. Coconut will start a new campaign but it normally takes some time before it starts.

Thank you for the info!

Currently on the normal server the allies only have two airfields remaining, both require that you buy (rent) your aircraft. This is fine if you have the required funds, but if someone logs in w/o any funds, they can't fly. I myself used up all my funds due to a couple of pranged props on landing, and subsequently I had nothing to fly. Another pilot had logged in to the server, and it appears tried to take-off, but was kicked. Probably due to the lack of funds. This guy may never come back. I really appreciate all of the work you do in maintaining both servers, but there needs to be a way for someone to get a plane, even if their check is returned for NSF.  

Thanks for serving, Coconut!

One comment is that if ferry missions are so important shouldn't there be some minor credit for them?

Just checked in with Coconut Normal and there is an Me109 at Novorossiysk. I 'got in it' just to check and it had German markings. Presumably if I fly this and a fellow Russian fires on me he is going to get a 'friendly fire' penalty, which is hardly fair. If these 'captured' planes are to be allowed, shouldn't there be a mandatory skin with the proper insignia crudely painted on?

Edited by beresford

Are transports no longer awarding Cocobucks? I just did a Ju-53 with cargo from Semisotka to Fontalovskaya and got nothing. Somebody else said he had done numerous transports and got nothing. Has this changed? If so, how do we accumulate Bucks?

BTW... this was on Expert server.

Edited by II./JG1_Vonrd

There's a bug causing all regions to be fully supplied from start. Because the rewards for supply runs depend on the levels of supplies, they are also currently really low or even null. It's not supposed to be that way.

On 9/9/2018 at 1:40 PM, beresford said:

I 'got in it' just to check and it had German markings

That's OK on the normal servers because it has icons.

On 9/9/2018 at 12:50 PM, Gramps said:

This is fine if you have the required funds, but if someone logs in w/o any funds, they can't fly

Rear airfield now has 5000 free planes, this should solve this problem

I haven't had time to play much, just run some tests, so I don't know for sure. It doesn't really matter though, cocobucks are now solely for prestige, they can no longer be used to buy/rent planes.

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, II./JG1_Vonrd said:

Got it... thanks for the reply Coconut!

So, the best way to get bucks is by doing a bombing mission?

You don't get much for Bombing missions.

If you hit a plane on the ground = 5 points. Hanger = 5 points. Oil tanks = 5 points. Factories = 5 points.

In June, we got much more points but it all changed from July onwards

Edited by No.85_Camm

Coconut. I was disconnected to day (second time in two days). Is there a reason for this? There is no problem with mu computer or internet so I don't know what else it cam be.

Hi Coconut

Two points to clear pleas:

1/ This morning (about 7h00) I had one Pe-2 available at Ynyutino....I take off and, unfortunately, mission stop after 4 minutes (I had not noticed time left)

When new mission started, I took the same Pe-2 from same base but .....> ejected !!  (plane no more available)...please clarify on that point.

2/ My avatar pilote does not appear anymore in the stats....why?

Thanks for your reply and fine work

1 hour ago, Henree said:

I keep getting disconnected after take off

Make sure you read the rules in map right panel...

You need to spawn at the airfield in all CAPS ..unless you have landed said plane at the forward airfield beforehand...ie to rearm refuel

Edit: is there a way to make the rules more apparent like splash screen or text..I feel like your servers would have alot more people in them if people didn't get kicked after take off all the time. I actually had that happen when I first tryd the server. And just read the rules by chance trying to see if it was summer or winter (to put on my skin) haha

Edited by DEG

I've noticed that the mission information page on the discord site is not updating for the normal server. Is it coming back?

Sure that YOU Mr Hund, you can get a high rate, waiting over air bases that a bomber take off to attack even if the plane is not over 100 meters altitude....but you are very sly, attacking at about 2 / 3 kms from the base to avoid AA FLAK....

Congratulation

Today I witnessed a strange occurrence, possibly a bug: was flying CAP over a column of Russian tanks that were going from Kalinin to Zaborove. As soon as they reached the bridge east of Gorodnya the first vehicle of the column exploded (there were no enemies in sight). The column stopped, I flew around a bit more but nothing else happened, so I landed. Some time later the tank column had disappeared.

Coconut, we are doomed to lose every map if our tanks don't advance 😄

Maybe something wrong with the ground, or the junction between the ground and the bridge. I'll have to check. Thanks for taking the time to report that.

Thanks Coconut, let me reiterate that your dynamic campaigns are just great.

Would it be possible to remove the dots on the airfield icons that indicate where players are taking off from? Reason I ask is that I enjoy ground pounding with the Russian planes, but when I fly I'm often alone on the Russian side and the LW guys have no problem ganging up on me if they know the airfield I'm using... 😉

Bad news, it's a bug in the game;

That makes the campaign rather pointless, sadly. It's still playable, so I'll leave the servers up until the host rental goes out at the end of the month.

😫

is there a chance to see the server up again after the end of this month  if the bug is quickly fixed ?

Edited by Ploofy

1 hour ago, Ploofy said:

😫

is there a chance to see the server up again after the end of this month  if the bug is quickly fixed ?

Of course. With some luck there won’t be any pause. This is not me “threatening” the devs or expressing frustration. I’m merely stating that there’s no reason to keep paying a host to run a campaign that’s not functional. It’s important for the donators so that they can stop their donations in time. 

9 hours ago, coconut said:

Of course. With some luck there won’t be any pause. This is not me “threatening” the devs or expressing frustration. I’m merely stating that there’s no reason to keep paying a host to run a campaign that’s not functional. It’s important for the donators so that they can stop their donations in time. 

Considering that nobody know when devs will correct the bug, it is a pitty to stop the campaign for that reason. Of course, bridges are important strategic points but until now, we made the missions not having so big troubles with the bug, it could go ahead like that until (.....two more weeks) devs correct it.😉

I suggest there is another bug. I took off at 04.21 today to attack some ships. The attack was successful and I destroyed 8 cannon/naval guns/AAA, yet no scores were given. Indeed, according to the stats (coconut) I didn't hit any targets. According to the IL2 stats, I hit 8 artillery.