coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

I think we were getting kicked bc we couldnt read instructions on the ALL CAPS airfields. ...been a while since we've been on.  I like that.

Absolutely brilliant tonight. 

6000ft cloud layer pouring rain...rain drops...sheets of rain...fly up through ..darkness.. florescents come on...then white out, followed  by fluffly cloud layer above as far as the eye can see in every direction... 

*cinematic magic* 

I think kick some tail at closest attack, get full of myself, fly to next airfield to empty the 50 cals..

accidentally fly right over the top of a train bridge in the pouring rain...sky lights up with aaa and get my wing blown off ....

just when I wouldve bet $20 I was going to make it back under the cover of rain... bailed out at 500 feet in enemy territory..barely alive 

brilliant coconut..brilliant...and of course the team...wow

Edited by katdog5
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/18/2018 at 9:37 AM, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

We have a forum to discuss tatics or something like that?

No, no tactics discussion forum, at least not provided by me.

On 8/18/2018 at 4:20 PM, LP1888 said:

Really bad lag on server today 

Well, sometimes internet has a bad day. Not much I can do.

4 hours ago, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

Coconut can we have the hability to tranfer planes for our squadron?

The campaign has no notion of squadron, but I will make it possible to donate reserve cash ("cocobucks") to anyone you want.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, coconut said:

The campaign has no notion of squadron, but I will make it possible to donate reserve cash ("cocobucks") to anyone you want.

This would be awesome for bringing on friends to the server!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

This would be awesome for bringing on friends to the server!

Yeah. Some of my friends dont enter o server because "ferry is boring"

If they had a chance to fly some sorties maybe this can change

I know, I am strange: I love the supplies flights  or conveying planes.

But maybe the normal pilots would be more motivated if the reward were higher (me included)?

We gain a lot of points by destroying targets or planes but comparatively very little by providing the logistics that are just as important to winning the war.
And the interest of this campaign is to be able to do logistics (looking forward for the Li3)!

This is a question I  ask myself not a critic of this excellent server.

What do you think ?

• Upvote 1

I wonder if this "Pilot status" page is working as intended. I suppose it should show how many planes (rights) I have on various airfields, but it shows me the original field where I took off from with (0.0) for number/health.

Also a question, is it so that air kills don't give any coco-coins?

On 8/20/2018 at 7:16 AM, [CPT]CptJackSparrow said:

So we have cocobucks, what prey tell are server regulars referred to as? :)

Coco-ites?

Cocoians?

I vote for Coconauts or Cocoholics

• Upvote 1

Not easy to find my target with this cloudy sky ...

iNHE4JB.jpg

Not easy to drop bombs confortably with this Flak ...

rZhBsre.jpg

Not easy to fly RTB with this fighters ...

EZFiXRz.jpg

In fact impossible !

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:26 AM, -LaFrench-bexhausted said:

Not easy to find my target with this cloudy sky ...

iNHE4JB.jpg

Not easy to drop bombs confortably with this Flak ...

rZhBsre.jpg

Not easy to fly RTB with this fighters ...

EZFiXRz.jpg

In fact impossible !

War is hell isn't it?

4 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Any way to have tanks (playable) in the map Coconut?

After this fight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSZ2EepTh_c&t=1s

blocked tank fights with participation of players ........;)

Could you tell me please why ended map Stalingrad 42 and began map Moscow 41....?

The loss of one of the parties, the test of new features, server upgrade....?

The maximum number of points the player will be limited to 3000...?

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass

The map ended because the axis won. I did not have time to fly much and I don’t know how the situation was.

Lagg was missing becaus of a bug. 

Next map is Moscow because it’s a new one. It’s intended to replace the old Moscow autumn one, which had a weird layout.

I put a ceiling on number of points to avoid situations where people don’t care about their planes because the have over 100000 cocobucks. It kind of fails to achieve that so I’ll keep changing that. 

• Like 1

About the cargo boxes: these are boxes you find on the piers on the Kuban map. 

9 hours ago, coconut said:

The map ended because the axis won. I did not have time to fly much and I don’t know how the situation was.

Lagg was missing becaus of a bug. 

Next map is Moscow because it’s a new one. It’s intended to replace the old Moscow autumn one, which had a weird layout.

I put a ceiling on number of points to avoid situations where people don’t care about their planes because the have over 100000 cocobucks. It kind of fails to achieve that so I’ll keep changing that. 

Please announce the conditions of victory in a separate mission in the campaign in General. As far as I understand the mission team wins with more points. Accordingly, in the campaign, the team winning the largest number of missions. Correct me if I'm wrong. Probably more correct would be the award of victory on the map side captured all the enemy airfields. Accordingly, the winning party in the campaign would receive a larger number of cards.

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass

@=FPS=CutlassSorry, I don't understand what you are saying. A campaign (in other words, a map) is won when one side captures all the airfields, or after 14 days (game time, so shorter in real life time) for the side with most regions.

@ESCOMM_FlyMaker Only the tanks that have moved in the previous mission are exposed in tank parks in the current mission. They become visible on the map after you've spotted them, after a delay. "Spotted" means flown within 3km (sphere distance)

23 hours ago, -=AnTifA=-woodrowwilson_pr said:

Was it this server that had some aerial recon photos?

Hmm, no, I don't think so. Player occasionally post pictures of targets, typically in private squad channels.

The discussion on Discord is going well but I need more time to share some thoughts.

The current airfield system is deprecated. They have a minimum effect on the campaign so here are my ideas about that.
Maybe this can help you rework this system or come with other ideas from community

Airfields have 2 main attributes: Plans and KG of Bombs. The problem is, Bomb become a useless stuff. Weird right?
But yes, we have a campaign based on tank destroyers and tank destroyers do not use so much bombs. Rockets and 37 mm cannons is enough!
My suggestion is to increase these attributes and change how airfield works.
Let's see what we can do:
When we think of operational needs, what are the attributes in WWII airfields? Supplies right ?! But wich supplies we need?
Fuel, Bombs, Maintenance stuffs and of coarse plans.

Creating maintenance point for fields we can limit how many times a plane can take off in a mission and make a cost for that.
Transfers will not be the only logistic, supply missions should be essential.

This is the basic but i need time to write all the stuffs
@coconut If you like the idea i can write here later

1 hour ago, ESCOMM_FlyMaker said:

Creating maintenance point for fields we can limit how many times a plane can take off in a mission and make a cost for that.

Nah. We don't need another way to prevent pilots from flying.

I'd rather make other targets that require bombs more attractive to Russians. I could also count rockets as bombs. No supplies, no rockets.

A few days ago ...

New campaign, new map so armed reco was needed.

Ouch ! Flak !

n2UEFBm.jpg

OUCH ! Flak again !

DdJvG0R.jpg

Somebody discovered target before us !

pRiGlP1.jpg

Bombs away and RTB :

B3zMqLf.jpg

...or not RTB ?

t9rrkOV.jpg

13Nrv was shoted down by a Bf109 near kubinka !

I was about to land when i saw a fighter at the threshold, in the grass. Not easy to see. Can't abort my landing, NO PANIC §§§§§§

uJAfhNY.jpg

Everybody is safe ! 

pc1hAbG.jpg

Good luck guys !

2IPPAAp.jpg

Skins by CCG-Obélix.

Edited by -LaFrench-bexhausted
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Hey guys,

just a quick question: Just noticed on your server, that a pilot flying on German side made 6 aerial kills, and then spent all his cash to waste planes from an airfield I was supplying. I supplied that airfield and while on my way there for a second go I noticed that in very short periods the pilot took off with all the Ju-88 and Bf-110. That guy also flies on Soviet side.

Is there a way to prevent such waste of airplanes?

50 minutes ago, I./JG21-Kappi said:

That guy also flies on Soviet side.

Although it is allowed to fly both sides, if I see that a pilot appears to be good on one side, and wasteful on the other, to the point where it's obviously sabotage, I'll ban that person. Please let me know in  a private message who that is.

If he's just being careless, that's not against the rules. I could however put a number of measures to mitigate that, such as put in place an extra price on rentals for players that have lost their plane ("extra insurance costs")

13 hours ago, -LaFrench-bexhausted said:

French manual update to 08 26 2018.

Thanks a lot! I've uploaded it on the stats pages.

The great thing about flying multiplayer are live pilots. 🙂

The worst things about flying multiplayer are live pilots. 😟

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thad said:

The great thing about flying multiplayer are live pilots. 🙂

The worst things about flying multiplayer are live pilots. 😟

Multiplayer games in a nutshell. 50% of the time they're awesome, the other half is abysmal due to "humans"...

Can someone please tell me how I take off from Zenino,head east, cross into enemy territory and drop a 250 lb bomb on the storage facility colored red on the map and get friendly fire once I land back at Zenino and finish mission?  Never once did a fire a single round. I accepted the fact that as soon as my bomb was away, the message came across that any actions from this point will not be counted then boom!!!!  My bomb hits. Ok 15 minutes left let’s go put this plane down so it will be there for me tomorrow hopefully. So how gut wrenching to see an action counted for friendly fire. WTF?????????  

P.S. I checked my settings and have blue for friendlies and red for enemies. Now I am color blind,  but I can tell the difference between blue and red.  

Just wanted Ted to put this out there to see if anyone else has experienced the same thing?