coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

Coconut.

Would you explain how your Stats work, please. I am referring to the Normal Server.

For example, I don't understand how a person who has flown only one mission can be in 27th position (In the main Pilots' rankings) with 1000 points after shooting down only one Aircraft...and yet someone who has also shot one aircraft BUT also 3 ground targets is in 29th position and only 833 points.

Forgive me if I am wrong but it seems as though flying Bombers (which in the main is more risky) does not get the recognition of the dangers or of the damage done to the enemy (if at all).

I took off from Alibay with Ju-52 loaded with 2300 kg of cargo and about 50% fuel(IIRC). Landed at Taman, despawned, and got no reward.

Should I have taken off from Semisotka, because it was in all caps, but Alibay wasn't?

coconutsupply.jpg

I need to clean up those messages. There is one for the assets you destroyed, and another one for the supplies. The one for the supplies appears to be missing, which could be a chat bug. 

There is also a bug in my code causing missed rewards sometimes. 

quote from manual "The round time in the server is actually set to 3h10min, but the round is automatically ended 10min early"

What if i fly a transfert flight within these last 10 mn ?

Will my plane  be available for the next mission ?

Thanks!

Nope, everything that happens after that point is ignored, except for auto-bans (friendly fire and wrecking)

I really love the idea of this server and would like to try it, but every time I look at it its pretty well empty. Anyone in Canada/US play on this server weekday evenings or weekends? 

On 8/5/2018 at 1:38 PM, katdog5 said:

wingman and I were getting disconnected after a few minutes, usually right after take off. 

at start yesterday and today...lost connection message something - 0001

no one else experiences? maybe just a hiccup that day? Ill try again.  we just thought strange it happened to both of us. 

1 hour ago, SCG_Riksen said:

I do .... weekends are the best times in this server I think.

I will have to scope it out on the weekends then. Thanks!

1 hour ago, katdog5 said:

no one else experiences? maybe just a hiccup that day? Ill try again.  we just thought strange it happened to both of us. 

It was happening to me last night too. Right after the mission loaded, I kept getting disconnected after 2-3 mins of play. Here's video:

• Haha 1

On 8/7/2018 at 6:08 PM, -LaFrench-bexhausted said:

Quote wrecking : is that means if i destroy my plane ?

Yes, destroying your own plane, e.g. by damaging your engine, crashing into ground objects before taking off, crashing after taking without having received damage first...

57 minutes ago, [TWB]Sketch said:

I kept getting disconnected after 2-3 mins of play

That's annoying, hopefully it doesn't last. Were the people affected all in the US, or some other far-away-from-EU location? Was it a lot of players simultaneously?

Posted (edited)

It happened right after mission loaded, and everyone was either on the server, or getting into the server. Maybe caused by lots of people connecting? Maybe to many events/MCUs firing off at the same time? Maybe Dserver issues? IDK. I just gave up after the third/fourth disconnect. (15-20mins into the mission) There were about 8 people total playing when I kept getting disconnected.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Maybe the mission had too many objects active at the same time, I'm not sure. That or some hopefully temporary net disturbance.

5 hours ago, coconut said:

Yes, destroying your own plane, e.g. by damaging your engine, crashing into ground objects before taking off, crashing after taking without having received damage first...

That's annoying, hopefully it doesn't last. Were the people affected all in the US, or some other far-away-from-EU location? Was it a lot of players simultaneously?

we were us - san fran and atlanta...trying again now!

On 8/8/2018 at 7:20 AM, RedKestrel said:

I really love the idea of this server and would like to try it, but every time I look at it its pretty well empty. Anyone in Canada/US play on this server weekday evenings or weekends? 

JG1 is often on NA evenings

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

@Coconut - is there a way to request an inventory of which planes you have at which airfields?   I know after landing the framework will display how many points you've earned that mission, accumulated overall, and give you aircraft inventory information (at least at that base), but was wondering if you could get that information on demand.

Thanks again for providing these servers, and allowing for the use of your framework!

Edited by AKA_Relent

11 hours ago, AKA_Relent said:

@Coconut - is there a way to request an inventory of which planes you have at which airfields?   I know after landing the framework will display how many points you've earned that mission, accumulated overall, and give you aircraft inventory information (at least at that base), but was wondering if you could get that information on demand.

Thanks again for providing these servers, and allowing for the use of your framework!

ingame you get a Code, using this at http://coconutside.eu:8083 you have all the information perfectly listed.

• Thanks 2

Awesome server, I’ve only been on for the first time in the past week but I think I’ve found my new online home.

Thanks coconut. 

1 hour ago, Royal_Flight said:

Awesome server, I’ve only been on for the first time in the past week but I think I’ve found my new online home.

Thanks coconut. 

First Rule of being in the Coconut's Knight Club - NO single word about Coconut's Knight Club !

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

TUSHINO is currently the Allies supply source.  It's shown on the map as all capital letters.  I can't run resupply missions from there due to no Pe-2s being available.  I took a Pe-2 from an airfield I landed on at during the last mission and landed it at TUSHINO undamaged but, even though my reserve page says it's there I can't select the Pe-2 at the airfield.  Is this wrong or did I miss something?

If there were no Pe2 at Tushino when the mission started, that plane will become available in the next mission at the earliest.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, coconut said:

If there were no Pe2 at Tushino when the mission started, that plane will become available in the next mission at the earliest.

Roger that.  Thanks for the response. 

I have 2 more questions.

I took a break for a few hours and had 5,000+ cash. When I returned, I had 280.  Does cash run down if I missed a few missions?

And...

I just saw a pilot take off and destroy a plane that was attacking the airfield.  He was damaged too.  He landed less than 10 minutes from takeoff and received a 1 hour ban.  Is there a way to fix situations like that?  It seems unfair to takeoff, get a kill but have to land, land, then get banned. 

Edited by Mobile_BBQ

Normally you don’t get wrecking penalties if you have taken damage from someone else than yourself. The wreck limit is also set to a high enough value that a single crash won’t get you banned.

23 hours ago, Mobile_BBQ said:

I took a break for a few hours and had 5,000+ cash. When I returned, I had 280.  Does cash run down if I missed a few missions?

No, it's only reset between campaigns. There is a bug at the moment that can cause rewards announced in the game to be missing from the system once the mission finishes. I'm working on a fix.

Coconut's work is never done. :salute:

We want and demand perfection. Nothing less will do. 😐

Joined the server a few days ago, as per description I wanted to take aircraft from the all-caps airfield, but there were none! At the same time I could not take any aircraft from other airfields as it kept telling me that I was going to get kicked. Not sure whats up with the server

Hi,

if you wan't to understand how the server works and which rules are implemented, I'd recommend you to go to

the web site of the server and select the info tab - here you will find a document with all explanations.

http://coconutside.eu:8080/en/info/

Cheers

52 minutes ago, JaffaCake said:

Joined the server a few days ago, as per description I wanted to take aircraft from the all-caps airfield, but there were none! At the same time I could not take any aircraft from other airfields as it kept telling me that I was going to get kicked. Not sure whats up with the server

Yes that’s a problem currently. Attacks by enemies and friendlies taking planes from the rear airfield can leave airfields empty. I’ll do something about that. 

Took a Yak up looking for a train and along the way found a railroad bridge, that I took out with bombs. Flew back around and one span of the bridge was collapsed but there was no notification, and no credit given. This was on the normal server. Not a big issue, just wanted to let you know. 

Posted (edited)

Okay this is weird, four of us were spawning at KHIMKI in the P-40. I spawned first, got the message that all airplanes were available to me. Was the 2nd airborne and within a minute I got kicked for aircraft theft. One guy got airborne with a P-40 after me, then a message showed he had taken the last P-40.

Edited by busdriver

@busdriver I think I know what happened. I'll fix it.

Maybe it's posted somewhere and I can't find it but is there a friendly fire bug? Not just this server but happened to me in TAW as well. About about every 4th time I take a bomber up to 6K hit factory deep in enemy territory, no enemy AC encountered, not a single defensive shot fired. I land and get all points wiped out due to friendly fire penalty.

Am I doing something wrong?

:salute:

Skud

Not your fault, last time I checked some of the buildings in a group get the wrong coalition. Bug in the game.