coconut

Coconut's dynamic campaign EXPERT and NORMAL

Posted (edited)

Tank trips a not seeing in stats, and don’t give cash points? And what about transport missions?

Edited by =KK=Des_

On 6/10/2018 at 10:46 AM, coconut said:

If you lost connection, and it's not just you, I need to switch provider, but there's no way of knowing which works and which doesn't, and it can change over time

A crash is a game bug. Not much I can do, maybe remove stuff from my missions, but I'd rather not do that unless I know for sure what's causing the problem.

It would be nice if DServer could produce some sort of network statistics, to have an objective measure of network quality.

The last two times I can remember I saw myself suddenly at the main menu, I was not alone (as I asked after rejoin....several people got kicked too)

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, =KK=Des_ said:

Tank trips a not seeing in stats, and don’t give cash points? And what about transport missions?

Considering how easy it is:

• to camp the nearby base(s) for players spawning in, --->(A very common tactic it seems)
  • to despawn at any time vs. having to go back to a base and land to despawn,
  • to rack up tank kills,  ---> (As an example, Tailwheelbrownbear was able to get 80+ tank kills in a single mission. In comparison, I can get normally 12-15 tank kills in the IL-2; that's a 6 to 1 ratio.)
  • and to basically stop any real ai attack;

I think having tanks give points and/or stats is a bad idea.

Are you asking if transporting bombs from a well supplied base to an not so well supplied base? If so, then yes, transports give you credits (but not stats). Or are you asking if transporting troops to a tank battle [and dropping them off correctly] will award you points? If so, then I believe no, but only because (I believe) the current log system does not have a means to track troops dropped.

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Posted (edited)

New host is not stable for ru zone. A lot of complaints.

Edited by =KK=Des_

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Many MP Server Overload messages currently.

Get the same message now.

@coconut

You have pretty much the best set up server out there, all the conditions are nice and well thought.

For me its the only server I really like to be on, please please please on knees - fix it 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by KG_S_Kalle_Kalutz82
PS: I would like to donate a few bugs if it helps to have a stable server
  • Upvote 1

I’m about to go on vacation, so fixes will have to wait for a couple of weeks. Regarding network issues, I’ve already posted about that. Please check earlier posts if you want to help improve the situation. 

• Upvote 1

Enjoy your vacations ... and do not enter here, or on discord. We can't afford you having a burnout.

Enjoy your couple weeks holiday, have a few drinks and chill out 😎🍹

As coconut is having a well deserved break, can anyone else answer my question?

How are AI attackers spawned? both friendly and enemy ones?

I ask because my wingman and I (in 109's) came across x9 P-39 AI attackers yesterday, all attacking the same airfield at the same time.

Some spawn in from player tripped triggers, you cross into their coverage area or set off a bases flak and they pop right in, usually above and behind.  I've been able to get attackers to spawn by touching wheels down on a runway before.  They seemed set to vulch on a forward base, so we did touch and go's to lure them in once we figured it out.

Most just spawn in due to a lack of players just to keep the war going, that is the trigger.

9 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

Stat Page doesn't seem to work. Is it just me?

http://coconutside.eu:8080

Coconut hasn't updated the forum post yet and I think that's leading to the confusion.

--------------------

12 hours ago, Black-Witch said:

As coconut is having a well deserved break, can anyone else answer my question?

How are AI attackers spawned? both friendly and enemy ones?

I ask because my wingman and I (in 109's) came across x9 P-39 AI attackers yesterday, all attacking the same airfield at the same time.

2 hours ago, [CPT]Crunch said:

Some spawn in from player tripped triggers, you cross into their coverage area or set off a bases flak and they pop right in, usually above and behind.  I've been able to get attackers to spawn by touching wheels down on a runway before.  They seemed set to vulch on a forward base, so we did touch and go's to lure them in once we figured it out.

Most just spawn in due to a lack of players just to keep the war going, that is the trigger.

I agree with Crunch... It seems the Ai spawn in when a player flies near enough to trigger them. They often spawn above and behind. The only difference I've seen is "Attacker" planes, they spawn in at various time intervals and are not triggered by player's being near to them. (Similar to how convoys move around in the map.) This can lead to large groups of Ai attacking a single area if the "Attacker" planes are left unchecked. The Ai also will go home and rearm/repair, and the patrol groups tend to patrol a route from the icon to their base.

On 6/15/2018 at 10:17 AM, Black-Witch said:

came across x9 P-39 AI attackers yesterday

That sounds like a lot. Should be 3 at most. I'll check that when I'm back. This might explain the recent server overload issues.

AI patrols are triggered by proximity. AI attackers follow a schedule.

25 minutes ago, coconut said:

That sounds like a lot. Should be 3 at most. I'll check that when I'm back. This might explain the recent server overload issues.

In fairness Coconut, I have also seen the same amount of Axis Aircraft attacking Allied airfields.

2 hours ago, coconut said:

I've checked my track and there were actually 10 AI P-39's attacking the same field.

We got 7 of them, it looks like 3, that were un-engaged by us, left and headed off towards one of their own airfields.

Cheers

On Expert tonight I witnessed a bug re: German tanks (I've seen this before but forgot to post).  Seems they spawn at the same point, and if a tank is destroyed soon after it spawns and starts moving (e.g. within 5-10 tank lengths), the next tank that spawns drives right up to the previously destroyed tank(s) and blows up, then the next one spawns and the process repeats.

You may want to consider randomizing the spawn point a little more - so that, for example, a tank spawns at a random location within a 100 meter circle or some such - so this scenario is avoided.

Thanks again for the server Coconut and your efforts.

14 hours ago, AKA_Relent said:

On Expert tonight I witnessed a bug re: German tanks (I've seen this before but forgot to post).  Seems they spawn at the same point, and if a tank is destroyed soon after it spawns and starts moving (e.g. within 5-10 tank lengths), the next tank that spawns drives right up to the previously destroyed tank(s) and blows up, then the next one spawns and the process repeats.

You may want to consider randomizing the spawn point a little more - so that, for example, a tank spawns at a random location within a 100 meter circle or some such - so this scenario is avoided.

Thanks again for the server Coconut and your efforts.

i saw it a lot of times. The main thing to git tank in few minutes after spawn.

I cannot seem to connect to the server. I always get stuck at downloading and nothing happens. Any suggestions? 😃

4 minutes ago, Geronimo553 said:

I cannot seem to connect to the server. I always get stuck at downloading and nothing happens. Any suggestions? 😃

Server has been down since the new update. Coconut is on vacation for a few weeks, so server may remain down for sometime. We all miss the server... :(

• Sad 1

Hi!

Have a few comments regarding "T" symbol near runway.

1. It should be placed on the left side of runway about 20-30 meters.

2. If the runway more then 1000m then about 200-300 meters from the beginning of runway. It's the place where pilot should land on all wheels.

It's very important thing on AF without runway!

Thnks to Bravo(https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/profile/3452-bravo/ )for information.