9x faster than the previous Titan? Did I read that right?

Yep, but I think that's specifically for deep learning calculations

Still an impressive bit of kit though

Edited by =11=herne

Yeah me too.

I told myself I was going to wait for the next gen TI. 2080 or 1180, or whatever it is they go for. Its going to be hard though, if the x80 is better than twice as fast as the 1080

Yeah I have no plans of swapping out the 1080 TI anytime soon. The 1080 TI is already overkill for every game I throw at it, even in VR. That said, the Titan V is not a gaming card. It's a dedicated compute card that's more like a cut down Tesla or a beefed up Quadro than a GTX something. I suspect it has outright bad gaming performance just like its predecessors. The card just isn't made for gaming.

A total waste of money for this sim, my gtx 680 run it smooth . For DCS however I think a new design would be a nice adition

This is true for 1080p gaming.

A move to 4k, 1440p, Ultra Wide monitors, 100+ Hz monitors, or VR will require much better hardware.

Edited by Warpig

With my system listed below I can get down to almost 60fps so far with IL2, in IL2COD it can get down to 30-40 with new patch over cities. so even my 1080 SC could use a boost. Although if I had the "latest greatest" cpu/mb/and 1080ti SC it would probably be ok. As for other games, I play the Total War series and those can drop to the 30s as well on big battles with my system even using my 27" 1080p Gsync monitor.

Edited by AstroCat