Sign in to follow this  
=gRiJ=Roman-

Map Planner in the In-game map

Could the tools like map planner be integrated in the in-game maps?

http://il2map.info/

http://il2missionplanner.com/

It would be great to start the engines and then plan your mission using the in-game map, in such a way that you can see your waypoints, headings, distance, speed, etc.

Edited by -=PHX=-Spartan-

Oh man; I have been waiting since I first bought BOS for map tools as I only fly bomber.

I still havent giving up, I really hope some day this will be reality. Of course one can fly

without it but for me as a bomber it lacks that final thing that would make this sim really great.

I need map tools for that. I just dont wanna fly around in MP if I have a goal bombing a factory or

whatever, I want waypoints and stuff. Its not only helpful, its immersive and makes it feel more "real".

Edited by Sturmnoob

If you use il2missionplanner in Steam overlay browser, its nearly as good as actual in game tools. Only thing lacking is that you have to manually add the in game targets to the mission planner (and il2missionplanner is integrated with Random Expert and Finnish server so you don't even have to do that on those servers).

You can add IL2 to Steam to use the overlay even if you bought IL2 on the official store and your install isn't tied to Steam. Then its basically like your map opens with Shift+Tab instead of pressing O but basically in game.

:salute:

If you use il2missionplanner in Steam overlay browser, its nearly as good as actual in game tools. Only thing lacking is that you have to manually add the in game targets to the mission planner (and il2missionplanner is integrated with Random Expert and Finnish server so you don't even have to do that on those servers).

You can add IL2 to Steam to use the overlay even if you bought IL2 on the official store and your install isn't tied to Steam. Then its basically like your map opens with Shift+Tab instead of pressing O but basically in game.

:salute:

Is there a way to make that browser window larger or full screen? I cannot even see how you can bookmark something.

Is there a way to make that browser window larger or full screen? I cannot even see how you can bookmark something.

Yeah its a pretty shitty browser but luckily the app seems to work fine. I can't remember if I tested the mission streaming feature but planning works fine.

You can resize the browser with only the bottom right corner of the window I think. No idea about bookmarks.