Developer Diary, Part 182 - Discussion

That is just a terrific visual difference. Congratulations for this work Evegeny.

I may be wrong but I have not seen any simulation game of this type where when the graphic engine was improved, or the hardware technology advanced there would be an investment into the past maps to update them.

That is just excellent because it keeps the value of the whole game set. If BOS stays at par with BOM and BOK  and later BOB or BOP then they are all worth buying and keep the value even if they were started 5 years or more ago.

I think this is money well spent, to protect the initial capital investment. The same should be done for your plane collection. Maps and planes when kept up to date, then you can create and sell additional scenarios for all of them.

• Upvote 2

Someone was asking recently why there haven't been deep cuts in the price of BoS and BoM yet. THIS is why. With all the last years updates and those still coming, these are still top of the line products. Essentially, they are new again. A worthy investment.

Great update! Thank you.

• Upvote 3

Someone was asking recently why there haven't been deep cuts in the price of BoS and BoM yet. THIS is why. With all the last years updates and those still coming, these are still top of the line products. Essentially, they are new again. A worthy investment.

Great update! Thank you.

It really annoys me when i read that. BOS is not some abandonware that deserves some huge discount just because it didnt launch on 2017.

• Upvote 3

New textures and more of visible slopes it's like someone read my mind about things that I would do about current Stalingrad map ... Btw there is more ;) It's good that things were know much much earlier by devs and now they could make it.

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Congratulations, Mr, Isaev!

​The landscape changes are excellents!!!

By the way, congratulations to the whole team. The concern and care with the relief, meandering of the rivers, cliffs on the right banks of the Don and the Volga, color of the soil, color and texture of rocks, colors of vegetation in the different seasons, correct botanical species in each scenario (Stalingrad, Moscow, Velikiye Luki) ... everything is getting better every day ... you work as builders of cathedrals!

It is not the issue at hand, but everything is improving day by day. FM, sky, sunset, dawn, clouds, shadows...

Thank you!

Don't understand me wrong but there is (no) reason to do these maps so detailed.

Do they prepare map for tank clashes too?

there is indeed a reason.. just look on the screens of the old version with  extended viewrange... artefacts because of the copied  textures..

Updating the old with new when further inprovements are made is the sign of a group of guys who realy care about the work they produce .Further more ,the former products will always be refreshed and never go stale or loose their appeal.
Well done guys ,give each other a slap on the back .

Can hope they also pull the myriad of tree lined roads on the old maps as well with the rework.  Would be much more appreciated for ground pounding as the current roads are annoying.

Navigation will also be much easier which is much appreciated.  Thanks

• Upvote 2

I saw many people complain about the original Stalingrad terrain looks very unrealistic in the game. Some terrain looks a lot like Normandy....

Now it looks amazing and realistic !

Thanks for your great work. I hope the developers keep on polishing the old maps, make il-2 the best Sim game and never go out of date.

Edited by =CHN=nike_angus
  • Upvote 1

A few months ago, I had enough money to upgrade my PC, buy some peripherals, and get back into flight sims after a good few years away. I did a bit of "YouTube research" and decided to buy BoS. I don't always make good decisions, but I feel quite proud I made that one.

Well done to the developers, and well done to me!

• Upvote 4