=FB=Isay

Developer Diary, Part 182 - Discussion

Speechless!!  :o:

It looks so authentic and the slopes are more 3D looking. I love it.

To celebrate this new step I will buy the two new collector planes as soon as I can afford them  :lol:

Is the new water applied to the rivers or lakes? Can we see waves in the big lakes just like in Kuban? is it possible to do it?

If weather conditions could interact with the maps ... for example the wind affecting the waves and trees, maybe even storms!

Sorry, I got carried away ...  :rolleyes: I still remember that video with the ROF boat in the rough seas.

Edited by -=PHX=-Spartan-

Oh wow. This is very pretty. Thank you for the new look on this map.

Great job!!  as usual  :good:

At the begginings I surely will miss this infinite farm fields that we are used to, but new map looks like far more real.

I think will be more difficult to spot low altitude planes, and easier to find cities when navigating. 

I impressed, not just with the map. A Certain other sim told us they were going to do this with their free map over a year ago. We're still waiting. You guys just go ahead and do it. No fanfare. No excuses, just dedecation towards your product and customers. I'm a customer for life. Thank you all.

• Upvote 2

I impressed, not just with the map. A Certain other sim told us they were going to do this with their free map over a year ago. We're still waiting. You guys just go ahead and do it. No fanfare. No excuses, just dedecation towards your product and customers. I'm a customer for life. Thank you all.

Polar opposites. One announces and doesn't do (or takes forever). The other doesn't announce it and just gets it done. Guess which one i like?

• Upvote 3

WOW!!!

Your dedication to keep improving this sim, even the oldest parts of it, is outstanding! You guys are beyond great!

:salute:

This looks much more like the Russia I have driven through. Long stretches of forests or steppe, punctuated by small villages with a few surrounding fields. The old textures of fields stretching to the horizon were more reflective of wishes in a five-year plan than of reality, I think!

Balkas look wonderful too, very three-dimensional.

Great update!  Evegny, the maps all by themselves are a real source of enjoyment in this sim.  Can't wait for the 3.001 update.

By the way, I don't know if intended as humor but I laughed at the "It's pleasant that you notice smaller things."  

Thanks very much for your major contribution.  Can't wait to see your Flying Circus map(s).  

Ceowulf<><

Edited by Ceowulf

The old maps look fine to me but this new version is completely amazing! It's good to read the cartographer own words as well :)

Wow, I always thought the map looked fantastic, but those screenshots look so much better that it actually makes the current map look bad. That's amazing.  :o:

Spotting low flying contacts is going to be a nightmare. I do not see any agricultural fields at all. From too many to zero fields.

Edited by JG27_Kornezov
  • Upvote 1

Excellent News!

I just hope that reading the above can remind us all, who were long asking for more distance / visibility, that the delay in the Final Kuban Map has after all resulted from a developers response to our demands... So, now, the least we can do is be patient !

That is a huge steppe in the right direction!  Very pleased to see this change, especially the reduction in the tiling effect.  

Out standing job ! Especially since the air combat in the East was a low altitude affair, this is a very significant update/improvement.

Great job you guys are doing with this Evegny, really appreciated. :cool: 

Definitely looking forward to seeing the improved Stalingrad map, the texture change looks far better. :salute: 

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin: 

Thanks for taking the time to do this update for us Evgeny. Your work on these maps is incredible. I simply can't wait to fly over these landscapes and I am genuinely excited to see how your team and community map makers will utilize these resources to make this simulator even MORE realistic. What a time to be involved in this community. Thank you so much.