Jason_Williams

Final Release of Battle of Kuban Delayed (A little bit)

Perfectly understandable and it will be well worth the wait.  Wonder which will be first, my VR headset or BoK ))

Looking forward to both and they should compliment each other well.

As for the team, great work for 2017 and have a lovely break over New Year and Christmas.  May there not be Snowmageddon like in recent winters your side of the border )).

BTW Jason, your communication as a developer has been top notched.  Thank you. Спасиба!

• Upvote 1

As always, I appreciate the clear and open communications.

A few weeks delay is no big deal. Better to make sure the team is healthy and get the final release right. I'm excited for it when it comes and having a good time with all the things we already have too.

Once again I confess, I am to blame. As I will be os over Xmas and the New Year I asked my very good friend Jason if it would be possible to delay the release until I return.

Being the good fiend? he is, he reluctantly agreed.

Apart from that, Muchos grassy arse to the whole team for their 2017 efforts - the best development team ever to walk the earth in my humble opinion.

• Upvote 2

can we please get some  P39 cockpit screenshots tomorrow ? that would be nice

Yes, this!  I second the motion.

Thanks for the honest and open communication.  Those career mode teaser screens look amazing - really looking forward to this release, but as the others have said this sort of delay to get things right is perfectly OK.  Enjoy the holidays and come back rested and refreshed and ready for the big push next year.

thank you for keeping us in the loop. We have to remind ourselves that we already have like 75% of the product anyway (with the Kuban map + all the a/c released so far). I'd prefer you take a bit longer and release something close to perfect than rush out something undercooked. Like I tell people at work, if you have to produce something for a client...better to tell them it'll be late then knock their socks off with the final product, than send them something half done to meet the deadline. 

I'm just waiting on that A20. C'mon baby..... :) 

@Jason

There is one important thing for me I like to ask since the first day of the annoucement of the new career mode:

Will the players flight start "cold & dark" from the parking position and taxiing to the runway? (I hope it)

• Upvote 1

End of January is good if you ask me. I don`t have much time for gaming in December anyway.

What about the 109G6?Is it delayed further or coming the same time BoK comes out?

Thanks for not working from the old axiom, "There's never time to do it right but there's always time to do it over."

Get 'er done right, we can wait.

Always preferable to take the time to do a project right than to rush it!  I think it's a smart decision not to push the team to a deadline with the holidays coming up and good that you informed us today.
Having extensively played the RoF career I'm well aware of just how much work must have gone into making a career mode for Great Battles so a delay of a few weeks on such a project is nothing. 

The career mode UI looks great, really looking forward to playing with it once its ready. Thanks for all your hard work!

Not to mention it is really first class to allow your employees to spend time with their families for the holidays. When you take care of your employees, they will go the extra mile for you when you really need it.

Rather wait another month or 2 then have to download 3-4 patches per month after the release..

1 thing i like about IL2 is the large updates and limited patching in between.

Some games you play its a new patch every couple days just to make it look like they working harder (instead of a bulk patch each 1/4)

Can't wait

I don't mine the delay. I enjoy the game but it's not the end of the world if there's a delay from time to time look at the F-35 program ...

We never stop working to improve Sturmovik and the next couple years will see even more improvements and additions to our engine and the release of new products.

That´s all that counts. Merry Christmas to the team !

• Upvote 4

Really looking forward to career mode and rendering distance.  Whatever it takes to get it right is great and thanks for telling us.  I, for one, am glad for all the great stuff coming even if it slows the works a little.  All great decisions.

Ceowulf<><

I’m new to the community and I continue to be impressed with the integrity I see here. Merry Christmas to you and your team Jason.

Cheers,

Robert

We are going nowhere! Get it right and push it then!

Hope we will be able to “start the war” in Moscow, and survive till the transfer to Stalingrad and kuban, respectively! In Hardcore mode!

Thanks for the advice. My only concrrn growing in my mind is thst the team could be getting too stretched with all the alternatives planned. Hope its not a slippery slope

No sweat. Keep up the good work, we'll wait. You all have fun on the holidays, cheers.

• Upvote 1

I had to laugh a little bit after reading this. Earlier this week CA announced that they will delay updates for Total war. I thought "no biggie", i have the final release for Kuban coming in December...  

To be more serious. This just happens when making software. Good look the next couple of weeks. 

Grt M 

• Upvote 1

Bummer to hear that BoK is being delayed. But as it is how it is, take your time to celebrate the holidays and rest a bit. The new year comes soon enough!

The campaign looks very good - I am a big fan of the "different rooms" approach such as planning room etc. 

Can we have some details about what is all possible to do in the different rooms? Is it for example possible to plot your own flight plan and or chose your own targets (such as harbors or airfields?). Or to re-generate missions until you are satisfied with the task you receive?

Cheers!

I was anticipating a delay, so no worries there.  As long as the new career is immersive and evocative it will be okay.

• Upvote 1

I'm happy to wait, the team has performed miracles with what we have to date. Rest well all,  happy holidays  :) 

• Upvote 1

No problem. What the team has been able to do in a short amount of time is insane, keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

Nooooooo ! cant say i am not disappointed. 

However clear communications and being upfront about it is always appreciated.

The team did an amazing job with whats out and sure they need some time off. Happy holidays and still cant wait to get my hands on the A20 and P39 

I'm not worried, you guys always deliver.

And you usually have something up your sleeve, like new tiles for Stalingrad, so its hard to be upset by a SMALL delay.

You're doing a great job! :clapping: 

and some more Collector Planes.

This is what got my attention the most.

• Upvote 1

Gonna go FanBoi here.

While I am disappointed as I was looking forward to spending a good deal of my Christmas break exploring the new campaign, I must say that, given the dev team's track record over the past year and the promise of the new features that will come with 3.001, I really don't mind waiting another month.

If that is what they need, then, by all means, take it and keep up the good work.

Gonna go FanBoi here.

While I am disappointed as I was looking forward to spending a good deal of my Christmas break exploring the new campaign, I must say that, given the dev team's track record over the past year and the promise of the new features that will come with 3.001, I really don't mind waiting another month.

If that is what they need, then, by all means, take it and keep up the good work.

Its not fanboi, its normal and realistic :)

At this point there is nothing fanboi-ish about expecting this team to over-deliver. They have a track record.

Would be nice for a bit of an explanation / transparency regarding the list of cancelled / delayed features that were offered at the beginning of Kuban development.. The fact they have now hid that list is a bit iffy... so I have attached a quote of it.

The only two "hold over" features mentioned in the Bodenplatte announcement is Mods on and in game model viewer. While some of them like jason said are "nice to haves" some I would say are "good to haves" such as gauges API and importing more detailed graphics options (like rof).

Obviously don't get me wrong I am amazed at the development of Kuban and think the team have done an incredible job. Just wondering what the development plans regarding these features is.  :salute:

Technology and Features:

- CO-OP Multiplayer Game Mode (ROF-like to start)
- Air Marshall and Field Marshall modes for MP. (i.e. HQ-ATC-GCI type screen to manage a battle with realistic limited info)
- Re-vamped Triple Monitor Support
- External Gauges API for app makers
- Ability for Players to Import Vehicles and Objects (Like ROF)
- SDK for Vehicles, Buildings, Boats and other Objects
- Custom Graphics Settings Options        

• Upvote 2