Final Release of Battle of Kuban Delayed (A little bit)

I don’t really know another game developer that feels bad for a few weeks delay, Most games are heavily delayed. Jason must be one hell of a producer.

P.s. just fix the main menu in-game sound bug and the Samsung VR IPD bug and I will forgive you.

• Upvote 1

For me  it´s no problem....

So far this team has delivered everything as promised, and though I hoped to see it being released (Final release) around Xmas, I find it more than acceptable beong honest in order to make the final release as snooth and bugfree as possible.

As always communictaion with the community is top notch.

Edited by fjacobsen
Better to give the team some much deserved rest and collect their strength during the holiday season, instead of getting burned out and deliver their customers a inferior product. 

Personally i`m happy to see how the career system shapes out, so there is no problem for me to wait a little longer. :)

Thanks for the update Jason.

I really appreciate all of the hard work that has gone in to making BOX such great flight simulator. 

Happy Christmas and New Year to you all.  :)  

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really admire the level of transparency and honesty from this team. It truly is second to none! Although I am a bit disappointed by this news, it's not soul crushing. We have a great sim now, and I have no problem waiting. I know this next patch is going to be epic. Go, enjoy your families, enjoy the holidays, and I wish each and everyone here, both the team and virtual pilots, a very Merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year!

The career mode looks really promising. It must have been an awful lot of work to research all the units and their correct bases during the different periods.

Nice to the see that 13.(slow.)/JG52 was also included. Will the unit have Slovak ranks?

• 1CGS

The career mode looks really promising. It must have been an awful lot of work to research all the units and their correct bases during the different periods.

Nice to the see that 13.(slow.)/JG52 was also included. Will the unit have Slovak ranks?

No, but I hope to someday. 

Jason

The team has done a pretty remarkable job with timely updates and releases.

A few weeks delay is something normal for a big project  - the primary goal is to get it right. Nobody should have a problem with a short delay like this.

Edited by CUJO1970

It was close to be perfect, but two or three weeks late are not the end of the world...It's better to be a little late than to publish a bugged version.

Maybe you can help us to wait by giving us more details about the new coop mode, the campaigns, the new planes and so on ?

Finally the bad news is for the dev team: hollidays may be short...

I find the constant improvements and ability to listen to wishes from the community despite of the heavy workload at hand very inspiering. The fact that we get a notice and not totally silence shows also a devotion to the community. I am impressed . We can survive delays 

Looks like I won't get to try anything out till spring  :( Away with work early Jan until March.. bummer but oh well! 

If it means that you have the rest of the year off, don't come here expecting sympathy  :)

Life is more important than a game schedule. I'm happy to wait a little longer and get a measured product rather than a rushed one.

Get out, unwind and enjoy X-mass and New Year. Come back refreshed and full of vim and vigor.

thank you guys for the awesome product, I truly love the series and look forward to playing it in January, Jason!

One question, and hopefully a little request (?) - will campaign be available in CUSTOM difficulty so I can experience it in many difficulty variations other than easy/hard? Please? pretty pretty please?  :) 

I fly in VR and we're stuck in limbo when it comes to .. well.. you know all the vr drawbacks.. :)

So the final aircraft's to be released will be held until full deployment of BOK?

I'm sure they're not finished yet but don't bash me for being hopeful for an IL2 Christmas miracle! 

Let's all just spend Christmas with our families, as we are supposed to! Human warmth, a well-set table, catching up on the years' events... - Gaming can wait :-)

• Upvote 1

Have a great holliday y'all.

Love the straight talk. No BS, it is what it is and we'll carry on on the other side of new year's eve.

Good luck and godspeed to the team.

I refer to Rjel's signature on this one.

Keep up the great work, enjoy your WELL deserved break, come back to us fresh and energized and you will find us all waiting here for you when you return.  Besides, we have this little thing called IL2 Battle of Moscow/Stalingrad/someofKuban to tide us over for the time being.  

Who knows?  Maybe we can even be distracted a wee bit by the upcomming release of CloD 4.5.  If not, again, these things take time to get right.  Thanks for the direct and honest update.  Go home, hug your moms, high five your buddies and enjoy some holiday cheer.

I'd rather have it right than quick.

I work for a software development and support team and the curse of our lives is senior managers imposing quick not right!

Therefore this decision is welcome.