Jason_Williams

Final Release of Battle of Kuban Delayed (A little bit)

cool new screenshots  :)  

I like the new Campaign System

"but I hoped for a christmas gift ... well now we wont get it ...  :("

can we please get some  P39 cockpit screenshots tomorrow ? that would be nice

greetings 

Edited by KG_S_MrFies

No problem best to get it as right as possible on release.   Everyone needs holidays too....  looking forwards to career, but I can wait.

• Upvote 1

Its ok , we can wait month or two. Career mode is coming and thats important.

Thanks for the news

Screens are looking good! Good work!

...and my 5FN key can finally rest

Edited by Voidhunger
  • Upvote 1

I already expected a mid January release, it was hinted at some point. I'm totally fine with the annoucement.

Those career screenshots look amazing!!!

Honestly i did not expect that level of detail, those pics really got me excited :)

Will wait and enjoy kuban next year !thx for 2017. Take a rest and stay healthy!

post-360-0-44769400-1512668099_thumb.jpg

Edited by II/JG11ATLAN
  • Upvote 1

@Jason_Williams

so we will get  Full BOK  + LA5FN and BF 109 G6 in January ready ? 

No need to apologize,Jason. Take your time. I see 13.(slow)/JG52 in units roster for Kuban. You made my day. Sending my regards to B6 = Alexander :)

Looks like I won't get to try anything out till spring  :( Away with work early Jan until March.. bummer but oh well! 

by the way .... our company is denying us to have holiday in  december because of  urgents  orders ....  :angry:  :biggrin:

Announcement can be viewed here. Discuss below if you must. Be civil and kind please.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/32758-final-release-battle-kuban-delayed-little-bit/?p=543563

:salute:

Jason

Thanks a lot for all the info you provide us with.

The team does deserve a break and a couple more weeks are no big deal imo.

I'm proud to support such a dedicated team of honest game developpers and artists with my hard earned money and when it comes to il-2 for me it's the only game really that I have absolutely no problem with spending hundreds of $ in preorder.

Happy holidays to all of the team! :salute:

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

Understandable, and the career screenshots look wonderful! Congratulations to you and the team, Jason. You guys have achieved a lot so far :)

Straight talk is always better than setting up expectations that can’t be met. Delays happen and when it comes to flight sim development a month’s delay is nothing :)

Sooo looking forward to career mode. Glad to see, that we’ll be able to pick our starting squadron from a list rather than the clunky system in RoF, where you have to look through the squadrons on the map - often stacked on top of one another - to get an idea of what’s available.

Sometime in the past I finally realized that I have all the options to spend my free time with the things I love: weekly meetings with friends, a pile of unread comic books, a NAS full of unwatched tv series and movies, and a big pile of shame of unfinished video games.

So, really what does another few weeks matter? My patience won't be worn out.

It's looking great and coming along nicely. The well-being of the team is important, I'm glad you are taking that into account, Jason. Looking forward to playing BOK when it comes out.

To be honest, all the improvements that you and your team managed to implement, in such short ammount of time after you took over,  is pretty much insane.

What are a few more weeks delay, compared to the ammount of fun and joy we will have, as soon as kuban and the missing content finally is released.

Especially after the announcement of Bodenplatte, together with the upcoming improvements, i really think you managed to establish the series toward a really bright future.

Can't wait to finally fly the P-39 and A-20, thinking about how much i enjoy the MkVb already these days.

On that note, i really wish you and your team, the very well deserved time off, during the holiday season!

:salute:

Thanks to the PatWilson and my arriving VR this news hurt much less.

Still it is only few weeks delay!

Happy holidays to all of you, Jason and whole dev team!

Enjoy christmas, take a break and be proud of what you accomplished in 2017 :salute:

• Upvote 1

Few weeks are not a delay compared to others companies, is nothing. Everything is fine, and the team does not have to blow up, it's not in the our interest.

Hi Jason,

will the BoK be completely finished? And are all announced features included?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25072-announcing-battle-kuban-and-development-plan/

Technology and Features:

- CO-OP Multiplayer Game Mode (ROF-like to start)
- Air Marshall and Field Marshall modes for MP. (i.e. HQ-ATC-GCI type screen to manage a battle with realistic limited info)
- Re-vamped Triple Monitor Support
- External Gauges API for app makers
- Ability for Players to Import Vehicles and Objects (Like ROF)
- SDK for Vehicles, Buildings, Boats and other Objects
- Custom Graphics Settings Options        

Edited by JG4_Raven

Russian winter holidays start with New Years Day. Go figure ;)

Russian winter holidays start with New Years Day. Go figure ;)

So when Jason says he hopes for a release in the 2nd half of January, that would mean 3.001 in beta test before New Years I guess?

Hi Jason,

will the BoK be completely finished? And are all announced features included?

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/25072-announcing-battle-kuban-and-development-plan/

Nope. Read my Bodenplatte announcement. A couple were held over and some may never see the light of day, but I want to eventually get to everything. This is a never ending process. Some items are must haves and some are like to haves.

Jason

• Upvote 4

So the final aircraft's to be released will be held until full deployment of BOK?

I'm sure they're not finished yet but don't bash me for being hopeful for an IL2 Christmas miracle! 

Edited by TexasWarbird

Jason and team. This announcement is again an exsmple of good project management. Take a break enjoy tbe holidays and celebrate what you have achieved. Honestly a great job. Lets see what and when 2018 brings. (Ps Bodenplatte wont be easy.....)

Not entirely unexpected if you listened/read between the lines over the last few weeks. It is trully not anything to appologize over. Better a missed deadline than a cost overrun :)

Good luck. Take a (short) break before delivering more whizbang content as usual.

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

So the final aircraft's to be released will be held until full deployment of BOK?

I'm sure they're not finished yet but don't bash me for being hopeful for an IL2 Christmas gift! 

The P-39 has been difficult to finish due to personal reasons of the artist, but the A-20 and Yak-7 are looking good and getting the finishing touches. P-39 should be rounding the bend this month. And yes, we are not going to release them until the next update due to the further delay it will cause. It's like taking apart your car engine to fix the crankshaft, but putting it back together again only to limp to the market for some milk and then taking it apart all over again. You can Uber to the store! LOL Just not worth it and delays the overall goal further.

Jason

• Upvote 16