Krupinskii

144hz + Fullscreen

So I'm having a bit of an issue, when I try to play the game in fullscreen, the game always resets my monitor's refresh rate to 144 no matter what I have it set to in the Nvidia control panel. 

For example, if I set my monitor refresh rate to 80 in Nvidia control panel, when I start IL2 in fullscreen it will always reset to 144. I can't sustain constant 144 frames in multiplayer, so this makes the game look jittery and not smooth. The in game frame limiter will also not work while in fullscreen.

IL2 seems to be the only game I have this issue, any other game will save my set refresh rate when I open it in fullscreen. Of course I could just play in windowed borderless and it saves my refresh rate and runs just fine, but it also cuts your game performance almost in half compared to fullscreen.

Anybody else with a 144hz monitor have this issue or know how to fix? Is it just me or is it a bug with the game?  :(

Might be a bit of a fudge that doesn't fix the underlying issue but if you put vsync on I think that would limit you to 60fps which you'd likely hit all the time? I got a similar monitor recently and will check if the same issue affects me too.

Did you try running it in windowed mode with vysnc (In Nvidia profile, not ingame) on?

I take it that you don't have gysnc?