Jade_Monkey

Quick reference printout (engine settings, limits, temps)

2 minutes ago, =FEW=ayamoth89 said:

thank you,

we =FEW= really appreciate

Enjoy!  I'll keep updating as new planes come out.

• Thanks 2

I need some feedback. I'm about to release the updated notes with P-47 and K4 but I wanted to know what's the best way to group planes now that we are going to have more than two factions.

I was thinking creating sections for Luftwaffe, VVS, USAF (or correct name),  RAF.

My intention was to group the planes by where they were manufactured instead of flown (in game). So P-39, P-40 and A-20 would be moved to USAF and Spitfire Mk V would now be under RAF.

Does that make sense, or is it confusing because the BOX modules dont correspond to that grouping?

• Like 2

Country of origin is a logical method.

User would know where to look for a Spitfire whether it was flown by a Russian, Pole or Aussie for instance.

BTW thanks for this handy reference, Jade. Good job.

• Thanks 1

Updated the file with the P-47D and the Bf 109 K4.

I also reorganized by country of manufactoring instead of in-game factions since we will be expanding soon.

Link available in first post and HERE (Dropbox).

• Thanks 6

Thanks Jade_Monkey. I always have this great resource up on my iPad when I fly.  :salute:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Updated the file with the P-47D and the Bf 109 K4.

Thanks for the handy list, there's always a link to it on my 2nd screen! Could you please check the He-111-data? The H-6 had the Jumo-211-D- and the H-16 the improved Jumo-211-F-engines. Should result in slightly different settings.

14 hours ago, 216th_Retnek said:

Thanks for the handy list, there's always a link to it on my 2nd screen! Could you please check the He-111-data? The H-6 had the Jumo-211-D- and the H-16 the improved Jumo-211-F-engines. Should result in slightly different settings.

Hi Retnek, I looked into this and based on the in-game specs, both have the same the same 211-F engine and same stats (at least the ones I have on the notes). Maybe it's a typo on the dev's part (it's possible) but for now I'm going to leave it as it is.

However, I did catch a mistake I made with the oil temp limits which were a carry-over from the stuka's stats. The He-111 has lower limits of 90-105 instead of 100-130 I listed. This change will come out the next time I release the notes.

The Heinkel He 111 H-6 is definitely equipped with Jumo 211-F engines.

That idea about the 211-D engines is probably from german Wikipedia and it's just wrong.

You can see for yourself in the original documents, source: http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/digitalizacja_archiwaliow/digitalizacja.php

He 111 H-6 Part 0 (General description), see e.g. page 24ff.: http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/index.php/digitalizacja/katalog/486

He 111 H-6 Part 7 (Engines): http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/index.php/digitalizacja/katalog/490

The same engine is used on the H-16, see http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/index.php/digitalizacja/katalog/494

:drinks:

Mike

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Hi Retnek, I looked into this and based on the in-game specs, ...

7 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

The Heinkel He 111 H-6 is definitely equipped with Jumo 211-F engines.

That idea about the 211-D engines is probably from german Wikipedia and it's just wrong.

Thanks for discussing the details - I'm away from my library and I'll check it asap. I'm quite sure there's some engine difference, resulting in better performance data for the H-16. There have been He-111 with a Jumo-211 D, H-3? Might have been a difference between Jumo 211 F-1- and F-2-models for the H-6 and H-16, respectively. Anyhow, I'll try to find some first-hand-data.

Add-on: somnewhere deep down ... there has been dedicated Junkers-site ... dead link ... but luckily the page just moved and still is well worth a visit:
Hugo Junkers Homepage
Jumo-211

Cited from the last link:

" Heinkel He 111E, F, H
A lot of Jumo 211 engines went into the Heinkel He 111 production.
Most prewar series of this bomber were equipped with BMW or DB engines.
The Jumo 211 was first used in Heinkel He 111E series.
They were equipped with the Jumo 211A-1 in 1936/37.
This series was followed by He 111F-0 and F-4, which also used Jumo 211A-1
In 1939 the production of the Heinkel He 111H was started.
As the DB engines were now mainly used for fighter aircraft,
the war series of the He 111 were equipped with the Jumo 211.
Initial series He 111H-0 to H-2 got the Jumo 211A-1,
H-3, H4, H5 and H-8 got the Jumo 211D/H, while H-6, H-9, H11 got the Jumo 211F-1.
The Jumo 211F-2 was used within the H-16 to H-23, as well as in the carrier He 111Z-1"

Ok, it's still just WWW, but I'll check with paper-sources. Following a link this VERY impressive site opened up:

Junkers Einspritzpumpe (fuel injection pump)

A guy focussing down to the very detail on Junkers-engines - wow!

Jumo-211

Edited by 216th_Retnek
Added some information
  • Upvote 1

Yes there have been 111s with Jumo-211 D engines.

Actually the H3, H4 and H5 used a confusing variety of engines.

He 111 H-0 to H-2 used Jumo-211 A engines, mostly Jumo-211 A-3, but on the H-0 and H-1 you could occasionally find other subvariants as well.

The He 111 H-3 should, according to D.(Luft) T.2220/1 "Kurzbetriebsanleitung" be equipped with Jumo-211 D-1 engines, mostly with, but sometimes without mixture switch (lean/rich).

The He 111 H-4 should, according to the same manual, be equipped with Jumo-211 D-1 engines, mostly without mixture switch, but occasionally with.

The He 111 H-5 should, according to the same manual, mostly be equipped with Jumo-211 D-1 engines without mixture switch. Later H-5 planes have also been equipped with Jumo-211 G/H engines.

Both He 111 H-6 and H-16 are equipped with Jumo 211 F engines, with the first usually having F-1 and the latter usually having F-2 engines.

There's not that much of an engine performance difference, most of the differences are gun/ordnance related and/or radio equipment and, most notably, cockpit layout.

If there's a performance difference between the H-6 and the H-16, then this is just a side effect.

:drinks:

Mike

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

If there's a performance difference between the H-6 and the H-16, then this is just a side effect.

That's a fine final note for my readings, too. Checked my (not that complete) collection of He-111- and Jumo-211-handbooks - did not find any data suitable to our case in those first hand booklets.

Two trustworthy books present details about the Jumo-211:

Müller, Reinhard (2006): Junkers Flugtriebwerke. Benzinmotoren, Flugdiesel, Strahlturbinen. 1. Aufl. Oberhaching: Aviatic-Verl.

Gersdorff, Kyrill von; Grasmann, Kurt (1981): Flugmotoren und Strahltriebwerke. Entwicklungsgeschichte der deutschen Luftfahrtantriebe von den Anfängen bis zu den europäischen Gemeinschaftsentwicklungen. Unter Mitarbeit von Karl Prestel und Helmut Schubert. München: Bernard & Graefe (Die deutsche Luftfahrt, 2).

Both show nearly the same details on power and weight, 1340 or 1350 hp, that kind of difference. The Jumo-F1 and the later F-2 were indeed different in some minor engine construction details. Those were dealing with better persistence and avoiding fatigue. The data for rpm, pressure etc remained the same, no reason to expect better performance from the engines perspective.

Looking from the planes side there's

Griehl, Manfred (1997): Heinkel He 111. Kampfflugzeug, Torpedobomber, Transporter. 1. Aufl. Stuttgart: Motorbuch-Verl.

Griehl for sure isn't one of these "better than nothing"-writers, trustworthy and usually well researched in archives etc. But sadly he isn't pointing on his sources in detail ... he somehow suggests a performance difference:

- In a table (pp. 90) he presents the H-14 as the first model with the Jumo-211 F-2 version. According to that table the He-111 H-6 was build with the Jumo-211 D-1, F-1 and F-2 models, too.

- Later (p 94) he gives a short description of the H-14 model "... the majority of the newly built (H-14) is reported to be equipped by factory with the Jumo 211 F-2 instead of the weaker model F-1 ..." (hm, now what's the meaning of "weaker", more power, better endurance? Remains open.)

- Describing the H-16 in short (p. 96) he states "... finally the performance data of the H-16 were 10 km/h higher than those of the H-6 ..." (maybe the F-1 was "weaker", but the F-2 wasn't that much stronger, too)

Between early and mid 1941 (H-6 in full production) there was a shift from the more early Jumo-211-models with the slim duralumin (Dural) prop blades to the "Junkers-paddels" (Ju VS 11) first delivered with the Jumo-211-F-1-models. This much more obvious detail is noted in some reports, especially together with the improved climb rates. But this improvement is a difference between the early Blitzkrieg-He-111-models and all the versions later.

Looking into the simulator the (late) H-6 and the H-16 both have large paddels, it's F-1 and / or F-2 with minor engine details changed. No reason to change the handbook. Thanks for your patience and attention.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you, i have been searching like a fool to find information about specific aircrafts. This is wonderful!

Thanks for updating your very useful notes.👍

• Thanks 1

Excellent guide - thank you so much, Jade_Monkey.

Any chance of adding the following:

- torque (pulls to port or starboard)

- recommended flaps setting on take-off

- recommended flaps setting on landing?

22 hours ago, Mungee said:

Excellent guide - thank you so much, Jade_Monkey.

Any chance of adding the following:

- torque (pulls to port or starboard)

- recommended flaps setting on take-off

- recommended flaps setting on landing?

Thanks Mungee.

There are definitely a lot of details that could be added, but im going to try to keep it clean and not overcrowd the tables.

My idea was to have a quick reference for numbers for those of us who wont memorize every engine setting. It's not meant to be a complete guide for a new pilot, I assume some familiarity with the planes regarding torque and flaps and did not include those.

• Like 1

Hi! Again, thank you for your work! Don't you think that speeds will be useful too? I always look for top speeds when selecting a plane (expecially between different version) or an engine modification

Posted (edited)

Updated with Fw 190 D9

Link in first post as well as HERE.

Cheers!

See below

Edited by Jade_Monkey
  • Thanks 1

Great Work Thank you.

D9 you refer to Cylinder head temp as 55-100c Max 110C .... think it should be coolant temp :)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Bert_Foster said:

Great Work Thank you.

D9 you refer to Cylinder head temp as 55-100c Max 110C .... think it should be coolant temp :)

That's correct. I used the A8 as the template and left that unchanged. Will update soon!

Posted (edited)
On 11/30/2017 at 3:32 AM, Jade_Monkey said:

Once in a while I want to check some engine settings but going into the Specs tab in multiplayer can be very dangerous, so I wanted to have a quick reference printout to have by my side.

This is taken directly from the game's specs, I just condensed the info that I usually need: Engine settings, time limits, recommended speeds, and temperature limits.

I also kept some of the notes for each plane, but removed the most obvious ones and tried to leave the ones that i think i will need.

Updated on April 4, 2019.

DOWNLOAD from Dropbox

Great work thank you !

Some planes need update about flaps setting (HE111 , HS129, ...) 

You could write the suggested flaps angles under the recommended speeds for take off , glideslope and landing !

EDIT: there is an error on page 27-28 (Polikarpov U-2VS notehead)

Edited by [NASA]il_Balordo
  • Thanks 1

I use this quite a bit, Jade, with its nice visible formatting on the engine and temp settings and limits.  Thanks!

Would it be possible to get a MS Word version of this too so I could edit some of the planes with my own notes?  (Or is there  a good freeware PDF editor I could use?) Also, for the speeds, it would be nice to have the maximum dive speed limit given....that's a critical number to know for each plane in my book.

1 hour ago, SCG_Limbo said:

I use this quite a bit, Jade, with its nice visible formatting on the engine and temp settings and limits.  Thanks!

Would it be possible to get a MS Word version of this too so I could edit some of the planes with my own notes?  (Or is there  a good freeware PDF editor I could use?) Also, for the speeds, it would be nice to have the maximum dive speed limit given....that's a critical number to know for each plane in my book.

Yeah, the only reason I haven't shared it as a word doc is that I'm using non-default fonts.

I'll upload a word version soon.

• Like 1

There is a typo in the P-40 Glideslope speed in MPH, it should be 130-137 instead of 230-237. Thanks @SCG_Limbo for catching that error.

It will be fixed in the next update when the P-51 comes out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

THANK YOU, and also for all the missions you've published ... J

• Thanks 1

Thanks Jade_Monkey. FYI, the PDF link gives a 404 error.

21 minutes ago, JimTM said:

Thanks Jade_Monkey. FYI, the PDF link gives a 404 error.

Fixed!

Thanks!

Hi Jade Monkey, just a quick heads up for you. It appears you've duplicated the P-47's "Operation features" onto the P-51's page.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:20 PM, EAF51_Luft said:

Hi Jade_Monkey, the PDF file is impossible to open...

Yes I had the same thing when I tried to download the PDF file using a mobile device. When I downloaded the PDF file using my PC, it was fine. After emailing the file to my mobile device, it would open just fine.

• Thanks 1