Sign in to follow this  
Hauksbee

Is there a Store for BOS like there is fo ROF?

I'm new to BOS. I've flown ROF since the beginning. My  copy of BOS has yet to arrive from Amazon, but as soon as it arrives, I really want to get a Ju-52 and the Henschel 219. How do I go about buying these planes?

Yes there is a store. Go to the main webpage (click on the IL2 logo right above this thread) and then click on store. There you go.

Thanks, guys. I see the Ju-52 offered among the Collector planes, but, can I get the Henschel without coughing up an additional $69.99 for "Battle of Kuban"?

Thanks, guys. I see the Ju-52 offered among the Collector planes, but, can I get the Henschel without coughing up an additional $69.99 for "Battle of Kuban"?

I´m sure that after release of BoK you will be able to buy the two collectors planes seperately.

The Kuban map is so good, I'm going to be disappointed if we use the other ones.  It's the only map on which you instantly know where you are.

You will be able to buy the Hs 129 without Kuban in about one month.

Being a newbie, I see I have been laboring under some false assumptions. I've been seeing videos on YouTube of the Hs-129 in flight. This has led me to think that BOK had already been released. And that I could purchase the Hs-129 from an inclusive menu like Rise of Flight. If I have to wait, then so be it. But, how did the guys posting on YouTube get a 129? Are they, by chance, Beta-testers?

'Just got back from checking a querry on YouTube. I Fly Central said that he had pre-ordered the BOK Premium. Thus, he, and by extension, others, got BOK before the general release.

Edited by Hauksbee

Hello Hauksbee, those of us that purchased BOK as Pre order Premium can use the Hs-129 now and we have been able to do since it was released to us a few months back so in some respects we are testers although the company uses specific people for that as well.

You can still get BOK Premium at the moment but a general public release could be in the New Year, so really it is your call as to how you acquire the Hs-129.  I think you have to wait until then if you just want to purchase the plane alone and use it, before then it is only part of the Pre-order which has the map.

Hope I got that right.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug

Following on from what Missionbug just said,  if there is any chance that you will want the the Battle Of Kuban expansion as well as the Hs-129 then I strongly recommend that you buy the pre-release BoK now as it only costs $70 at the moment to get BoK plus Hs-129 & Spitfire.  OK $70 is a big outlay but if you wait you will have to pay about $20 for the Hs-129 and another $50 for BoK so you would still be paying $70 but waiting longer and getting less for it as you would not have the Spitfire.

Thanks for the come-back guys. It's a tough call, but I think I'll end up buying BOK.. I'd probably buy it anyhow if I waited. I'm liking the map.

Of all the releases BOK is truly shaping up to be outstanding and the map alone is nearly worth it. Moscow and Stalingrad maps are very good but Kuban is something special.

Everything about BoK is great. You will not regret it.

...and that is before we have seen what the A20 & Yak-7 and P-39 are like!   Everyone is so obsessed with Bodenplatte now that they have forgotten the treasures to be received some time in the next two or three weeks.

Everything about BoK is great. You will not regret it.

That clinches it. I'm in!

...and that is before we have seen what the A20 & Yak-7 and P-39 are like!   Everyone is so obsessed with Bodenplatte now that they have forgotten the treasures to be received some time in the next two or three weeks.

It's so true. I've been totally absorbed with the far future of the series but truly the near future is very exciting too!

It's so true. I've been totally absorbed with the far future of the series but truly the near future is very exciting too!

Competitive 37mm :cool:

And the cool rain and snow visuals coming soon. 

That’s not limited to BoK though.

That’s not limited to BoK though.

No but that is another thing we have forgotten is coming soon.   The upcoming update is much more exciting than Bodenplatte which will not come for three or four months and probably take until 2019 to finish.   :good:

The upcoming update is much more exciting than Bodenplatte which will not come for three or four months and probably take until 2019 to finish.   :good:

That is definitely true for me at least. People tend to forget, that we'll soon have a P-39 in the game! I've wanted that since BoS was first announced.

I’m guessing that you enjoy tankbusting, given your appreciation of the 129?

In that case, I would definitely recommend that you get BoK so that you can also use the Bf-110 G-2 with 37mm cannon. It’s my personal favourite Axis tankbuster in the game, and the IL-2 1943, which I haven’t flown as much, but has already impressed me as a tankbuster.

I’m guessing that you enjoy tankbusting, given your appreciation of the 129?

Too true. But the advent of Bodenplatte has me lusting for a P-38.

I would imagine the P-38 will be very much one of the last aircraft to be available (just guessing) during early access, that is a long time to potentially wait, while missing out what BoK has to offer right now :)

Cheers Dakpilot