Highwayman

API for export of flight data

API for export of flight data  

247 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this API is important?

• Yes I believe this is an important feature
    • Yes I would like it, but not at the expense of delaying other features
    • No I do not think that it is needed
    • I still don't understand what this does

Yeah sure I understand the Team arguments too.  

Maybe someday .. 

No pain no gain 😏

BOS BOM BOK ( and soon BOBP ) is actually the Flight Sim I am enjoying the most. This is why I still ( like other simmers ) wants the best for it.

Wait and see the news from the Flight Sim Expo ...

On 6/6/2018 at 1:30 PM, Voss said:

Personally if I had to answer the question : "Would you pay for an extra tool development to allow telemetry usage for external devices " I would answer yes.

Of course it depends of the costs , but is it technically so difficult and so expensive to do ?

Voss, I'd go with you. If we had a figure of how many Rubels would be necessary to develop this API, we maybe could even start some sort of crowdfunding. You never know. Not much to loose, but it could end successfully.
However there is the problem that other users with other priorities could have the feeling of being run over. It might only work if Jason would buy in additional ressources to not slow down other developments...

Its a shame.

Best CFS, best VR, best platform.... but not THE cutting edge tech possibilities?

So I have to reinstall DCS to try out my Jetrix when it comes, a shame.

I hope this will come out of 777/1C taboo atmosfere and can be discussed with arguments, instead of vetos.

• Upvote 2

WOW!! in  IL2 you can't use a jet seat ,mate that's bad news ,I have all the modules including Bodenplatte and Flying Circus but

I guess I will have to look to DCS for full immersion.Bloody shame because I really like this sim but if the developers can't be bothered

to make this sim more immersive well I won't waste any more money on it.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it's a sad story. Once you're used to bodily feedback, you miss it terribly. But I'm not going to discard 777/1C completely, especially since I love WWI planes, too. And struggle with framerates in DCS-VR. Speaking of VR, I remember that IL-2 seized their VR support when Oculus discarded support for DX9 apps. "We do not have the ressources to port IL-2 to DX11. It's impossible." And know what? Only a few months later DX11 and full VR support appeared magically on their roadmap. And I'm sure they never regretted their efforts.
It needs only one person in the team who's addicted. Best thing would probably be to buy another JetSeat and have Andre send it to them...

P.S. If you're not afraid of WT, try the seat there! Not full support as in DCS, but the most important features work, it even features tentative engine rumble.

• Upvote 1

I would send them JetSeat for free if you found a right person in the team to speak to.

Me and some other people tried to speak with the producer, but still no luck, full disregard.

Looks like the dev team consider people to have brains, hands, feet, eyes and ears but not bodies :)

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 9:31 AM, Andre said:

Looks like the dev team consider people to have brains, hands, feet, eyes and ears but not bodies :)

😂
Unfortunately I can't help with any contact person. But they watch what the other sims do, thus they may suddenly and mysteriously come to the conclusion, it might be worth to give a try with telemetry data...

I hope we have good news for this in a short period.

This is THE THING that can make the difference between sims :

- better feeling and handling of damaged planes

- higher realism ( with and w/o VR )

- you can immediately feel from where the pb or the danger is coming from on your beauty

Please please please Jason ...

At least try it on other compatible titles ... this could make a great step forward

• Thanks 1

Did you try getting in contact by using their social media manager or maybe the representatives who have been active in the IL2 BOX Steam Forums? I know I sound stupid ;)

No, I haven't.

If anybody is about to try that, go ahead, I will  be supportive and provide any details if needed.

OK, Andre! I ll take a shot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's see. Tried:

Steam forums

Steam friend request with Teammember

PM here

Ticket here

Email to officail contact address

Facebook messenger to IL2 official page

That's all I can think of. Now pray ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Honestly, this is the deciding factor for me. Before I had Sim Shaker for Aviators with my transducer setup, I would have played IL2 far more than DCS. After installing my setup, IL2 feels dead, it gets played less than DCS or even X-Plane now. I definitely won't be spending any more money on IL2 until she has vibes.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Specter0420 said:

Honestly, this is the deciding factor for me. Before I had Sim Shaker for Aviators with my transducer setup, I would have played IL2 far more than DCS. After installing my setup, IL2 feels dead, it gets played less than DCS or even X-Plane now. I definitely won't be spending any more money on IL2 until she has vibes.

The sound mode, even if not as usefull as USB mode for DCS, makes things better than nothing.

First little step was made.

The Ticket support answered and said they are forwarding my input to the producers

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Hey guys,

this seems to be a chance to be heard!

Attention Pilots,

We have built a new Feedback system right into our website so we can occasionally ask you for some well...feedback! It's a simple very concept and feature. We check the forums for your feedback all the time, but it's hard to decipher your top likes and dislikes and we can't possibly read every post.

At this time, we are going to ask ALL users of all stripes to tell us, in your own words (English or Russian please) what your most pressing like and dislike is about IL-2 Great Battles. 

As a THANK YOU for participating we will be giving everyone who participates a Promo Code for 25% OFF, good on anything except our current Early Access products.

1. To access the Feedback system you just need to log into your Sturmovik User Account through our website and click on Profile button, then choose Feedback. There you will find two fields with questions and a drop down list. Please answer the questions posed - do not write nonsense or ignore the questions and write on other topics. Users who do not follow instructions will have their promo code voided. We take this new feature seriously and want honest, thoughtful responses to the questions we need answers to. This will help us make IL-2 Great Battles better over time.

2. To access the Promo Code you just need to log into your Sturmovik User Account through our website (not the forum) and click on the Profile button, then choose Promo Codes. The promo code will be placed there after you submit your feedback.

386012800_2018-11-0310-07-52FeedbackIL-2SturmovikBattleofStalingrad..thumb.png.eb6444b3e747d390e67a9c2ca368fc82.png

Edited by Andre
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for telling us, Andre, I already submitted my feedback.
And Dutch2, thanks for the interesting and true lead on wind simulation and the link. I once had the opportunity to fly the "Birdly" (Birdly simulator) and found that the wind was a very important part of the whole experience!
Especially with Flying Circus coming there's a big argument for that! I must tell the guys from Aerofly FS2 about it, for their beautiful Buecker.

BTW, I have noticed that when sticking the head out of an open cockpit of an aircraft in IL-2 I immediately hear additional wind noise. With a proper API they'd be probably half way for wind simulation support.

WRT the hardware: it's not expensive, can be DIY, but I'm glad the racing enthusiasts go for it. 10% of them are probably equal in numbers with all flight simmers...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Also used the FB system for this yesterday 

• Like 2

I left the same comment 😉 , WE NEED TELEMETRY DATA SHARING !

• Like 2

submited for telemetry api for my wind simultor , gametrix jet seat and bass shakers... alos my dof platform is under constrution

• Like 2