Jason_Williams

Discussion of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tank Crew Announcement...

Nice, i've actually preordered this one, as to me this is a very interesting period of the 2nd world war that took place in the general vicinity of where I live..

I must say you guys are amazing!  I came from X-plane to try out combat simming with with ROF and absolutely loved it.  Moved up to CLOD and was enjoying it so much I went on to buy BOS BOM and BOK along with a few collector aircraft.  When I first heard about the big announcement, being obsessed with slow flying I was only hoping for an ROF update or remake, and to my surprise we will get it seemingly very soon.  Thanks for all your hardwork and constant updates, it's very much appreciated.

In one line you mentioned  "Mods On/Off (hold over from Kuban)"  -  what type of mods can we expect to see and will they be community created mods or paid DLC?

Preordered BoB. Will have to pick up the FN and G6 next payday.

Pure genius guys. Pacific delay is bad news of course but this more than makes up for it. I have a feeling things will work out better this way.

I'm sure you know by now that we will not let you sleep until the B25 is flyable :)

Great news and I will buy all titles.

Prefer Europe than Pacific.

However I would love to hear the developers working on a more accurate engine damage model, and to have the engine gauges working, kind of refining what we already have, like they did with the FM which now is pretty good.

Above and beyond!! I have tried not to add to wish lists, but the Tempest V has always been at the top of my list!

I know what I want for XMas now!

the flying circus should be interesting as well.

I would like to see some sort of lock to prevent my beloved Tempest V being used in the Stalingrad,moscow,Kuban MP , and likewise for other non-historical eastern front aircraft, and vice versa.

or maybe the server chiefs can resist the temptation to mix them up...I hope.

Thanks to all the dev team for a brilliant, if slightly early Christmas present.

Oh yes great news! Im also hoping the B-25 will be flyable someday but anyway the future of Il2 looks very bright!

Thanks

F

• Upvote 1

Best news since years because of further development of WW1 genre. Hope to see all ROF content and more ported to new engine.

You restored fully my trust in you as project manager.

I only worry about name: "Battle of Bodenplatte".

IMHO not totally correct in meaning.

Battle of Bulge, or Battle of Ardennes mean large-scale battle in that area from late november '44 to march '45.

P.S. Me262 was used by KG51 "Edelweiss" around new Year '44-45. But we should not forget KG76, wich operated with Ar234 B-2 "Blitz" in the same area! Is it possible to add this bomber even in AI form as a counterpart to B-25?

Edited by I./ZG1_Panzerbar

P-5-1-D!!!

I really did not expect to fly a Mustang in this sim series anytime soon. Very excited. All the rest is just gravy. I'm in for all the preorders. Next year looks to be great.

Dear Devs:

Does the following text regarding futur MP improvements and the digital engine include improvements to the Dserver application for multithreading (I'm reading between the lines so to speak?) In order to make the new air and tank battles possible?

Digital Warfare Engine

Previously our simulation engine was known as the Digital Nature Engine. Over the years many, many changes and improvements have occurred that has essentially re-written almost all of the engine and it now supports a wider range of vehicles. To commemorate this new reality, we have christened our updated engine the DIGITAL WARFARE ENGINE.

Larger Picture

As you can see we have ambitious plans for Sturmovik. No doubt you will have many questions and concerns about what we have announced. The bigger picture is that are now ready to try making parallel products for our WW2 fans, WW1 fans and possible new customers who enjoy tank battles. But beyond that, we hope to accomplish the following in our next development cycle.

- New MP matchmaking system and lobby with chat

- Improvements to aircraft fuel systems and add drop tanks

- Oxygen masks for pilots at high attitude

- Jet engine technology and associated physics of higher Mach numbers

- Improvements to AI

- Option for 4K skins by default and preview pics in the GUI for Custom skins

- In-Game Model Viewer (hold over from Kuban)

- Mods On/Off (hold over from Kuban)

- More attractive GUI and better GUI optimization

…. and many other small, medium and large improvements to usability, functionality and performance.

• Upvote 1

Excellent news!!! 

I was sad, and i felt like a missed oportunity to jump to the Pacific without come full circle and cover full war time in Europe. Now with the adition of BoB,  we´ll have the best and most complete Europe WWII flight sim ever. Perfect ending for Europe saga before jump to the other side of the world, ...(or maybe not yet and more surprises in the future  :biggrin: )

Preordered now, with a smile on my face!! 

Thank you guys for so many hours of fun you provide us! :clapping:

P.D: i´m a little confused, The premium edition i preordered includes the two collector planes? is that right? 

I will answer myself: i was confusing the collector planes of BoB with the new two collector planes announced today (La5FN and 109G6), so i was wondering why people was spending 99 instead od 69 if collector planes were included in premium edition. My bad. i´ll run now to preorder these two too! Too many good news today  :biggrin:

Edited by Glitterman

I'm preordered. Well worth it, lets support these guys!

Can't wait to fly my favorite plane of all time the P47 in this sim! Looking forward to the P38/P51/190D,Me262 as well.

Not gonna lie I was getting geared up for some early pacific action next but I agree and think this was a smart move by the team to keep growing the sim.

I'll be honest I'm not a huge WW1 fan so I'm in the boat that time on Flying Circus could be used to make more WW2 planes but I get it by seeing everyone else's response that RoF is missed and many want it updated in the newer engine so I get it and will support it of course when the time comes. I'm sure it will be great in VR.

The tank sim seems really interesting to me. After playing a lot of Warthunder ground forces I really do enjoy tank combat more than I thought I would and can't wait to experience it at a level of detail and realism only this team can provide. Multicrew tanking sounds amazing.

Keep us updated team congrats. Let's get the word out online and get people to preorder and show them some love.

Great announcement :good: 

I personally do not have problems with the postpone/delay of the PTO as I anyway more prefer the European scenario rather than flying for hours over blue water... :biggrin:

The plane set of BoB(odenplatte) is of course fascinating whereas the 262 is for me the most thrilling one.

However, the best news for me is the refurbishment of RoF and consequently the hope that the WW1 scenario will continue for a longer time than expected (unfortunately the multiplayer numbers in RoF are seriously decreasing in the last months).

My question for the RoF sequel would be if the existing owners of the original RoF will get any benefit or the Flying Circus will be sold as a fully independent game ?

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! P-51D, P-38L, Tempest, P-47D, 109G14, 190A8, 190D9! AMAZING! Together with other planes from the previous parts like Hs129, Ju88 and A20G its going to be awesome.

Bodenplatte?! That is a lot of new planes! All the RAF and USAAF plus many new Lufwaffe ones. And a map of Part of Holland, All Belgium, part of France and Germany with on it a lot of cities, rivers, railways, roads, bridge,etc....

On the plus side more or less flat terrain frome zero to 800 meters altitudes.

Courage. A wonderful Idea, I aplaud with hands and feet. Once more   thanks. :salute: 

​Sorry the ME-262 did not participate to Bodenplatte. 

http://military.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_Bodenplatte

From the link you've sent:

Gilze-Rijen and Eindhoven

Jagdgeschwader 3 (JG 3) and Kampfgeschwader 51 (KG 51) were tasked with eliminating the Allied units at the Eindhoven base and Gilze-Rijen airfield. The field contained three Spitfire Squadrons and eight Typhoon units of the RAF and RCAF.[115] Some 22 Bf 109s of I./JG 3 took off,[116] along with four from Stab./JG 3, 15 from III./JG 3 and 19 Fw 190s from IV./JG 3.[83] KG 51 contributed some 21 of their 30 Messerschmitt Me 262 jets to the action.[117] Some histories mistakenly include Kampfgeschwader 76 (KG 76) on the order of battle, but KG 76 did not take part in the mission.[118]

So they did participate somehow.

Excellent news I'm so glad!

I surely wasn't expecting that both the contractor would do such an excellent job and that you would decide to do such an interesting late war "battle".

Gonna pre order asap.

Please don't tell me that Midway was cancelled!!! :mellow:

Was it?

Btw you made a typo it's "Guynemer" and not "Guynmere". :P

A lot saddened by no Midway, but this direction makes so much sense. I was hoping this was the way for cliffs of dover. great decision making on their part. still capture the american interest market too with the awesome p51 and p47 not to mention p38. spectacular announcement. will preorder stat

An amazing announcement!

I will support these developers even should they decide to do Snoopy vs. the Red Baron next but I will not lie, air war in the west is particularly fantastic news. The Mustang, Thunderbolt and ME 262, OMG I cannot wait! Also glad to see ROF fans getting some serious love. The Tanks I can take or leave but I will buy it in any case. And all with a commitment to keep the PTO alive.  

Looking forward to it all. 

Nice play Devs! :good:

Me262 was used by KG51 "Edelweiss" around new Year '44-45. But we should not forget KG76, wich operated with Ar234 B-2 "Blitz" in the same area! Is it possible to add this bomber even in AI form as a counterpart to B-25?

This would be wonderful.

I have car repairs to pay for today, so whether or not I pre-order today is a little up in the air, but it's pay day on Tuesday so if not today, then definitely on Tuesday  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

I've bought tickets for the world cup yesterday and booked some hotels, lots of cash flew out the window! And now this!

FML take my money! Just ordered BOB and the LA5FN!

Forgot to mention that the announcement of "Tank Crew" is a real kick in the b..t to me but in a very positive sense - a WW2 tank simulation is exactly what I am waiting for since more than 15 years when "Panzer Elite" was published... can't wait for it :clapping:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Order for the two collector planes and Bodenplatte placed!!!  :)

Well thought out Jason.

Excellent marketing that shows that you are listening to existing customers and evaluating markets to expand your customer base.

It all looks great from a player perspective, and also from a business strategy viewpoint.

Best wishes, already ordered.

Amazing news goes way beyond what I hoped for. You have my gratitude and my money. Ordered!

My poor Wife

Waiting for mine to go to bed before I pre order!  :lol: 

I'm very much a 'standard version' buyer, but have to pre order Bodenplatte, and the G6/FN as a thank you to the devs. Maybe I'll even get a gold badge!

Edited by Archie

Hi Jason,

Super happy it will be late war Western front.

The addition of the P38-L makes me all warm inside!

Only one slight disappointment - why the Spitfire Mk IX?

The Gryffon engine MkXIV first flew in 1942 so would be time appropriate.

The DCS spit is a Mk IX as well - and I was hoping for a later war era Spit to play with....

Arc

Great news, preordered everything. Since the first il2 i become a lifetimer of the series. Can wait to the 2018...

Disappointed about PTO delay, BUT the plane set for BOB is AWESOME!!!

ROF II with VR is incredible!!!

Tank Crew, we will see. I did like the Tank simulation in RO but have never really delved into them deeply.

All in all this is a good direction, but I wanted those Wildcat vs. Zeke dogfights so bad and the Carrier landings. Maybe Someday.

Pre-ordered everything. Please give us individual plane control profiles like ROF has, and really work hard on the AI so that SP becomes even better than it is now. :)

S!Blade<><