Jason_Williams

Discussion of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tank Crew Announcement...

I couldnt resist to preorder even that i dont wanted to because of the engine modeling and AI but the AI part seems to get improved so i could justify the preorder. The engine part might get improved also just like you do it with the viewrange. Hope the renderrange will get improved also at some point. Anyway, you got my money and i cant support you more then that! ;)

-          New MP matchmaking system and lobby with chat

-          Improvements to aircraft fuel systems and add drop tanks

-          Oxygen masks for pilots at high attitude

-          Jet engine technology and associated physics of higher Mach numbers

-          Improvements to AI

-          Option for 4K skins by default and preview pics in the GUI for Custom skins

-          In-Game Model Viewer (hold over from Kuban)

-          Mods On/Off (hold over from Kuban)

-          More attractive GUI and better GUI optimization

…. and many other small, medium and large improvements to usability, functionality and performance.

Very good to hear. ;) 
Especially on
: Option for 4K skins by default and preview pics in the GUI for Custom skins.

Here’s me and my full size AXIAL D262 propeller. Made from drawings made by Achim Engels, who made the drawings from a real Fokker Dr.I propeller.

Am I happy for the announcement of Flying Circus..?

Take a wild guess! ;)

post-25097-0-25666400-1510925474_thumb.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Pre ordered ................but :unsure:  :unsure:  To SUPPORT YOU dev's and Jason !!! because I am not a fan of this period and map (Bodenplatte) !!!  not a great fan of Flying Circus and there to fly on planes and not drive tanks !!! so................I wll wait for the next  three years and hope for a journey in the Pacific or Mediterranean front !! ;)

Tank Crew - Very excited to see this.  Will this be packaged as a VR product?  That might really stimulate sales in the VR world.  If it is VR, will we get our arms to load guns etc. or is this merely driver/commander?

B-25 (AI), I hope that is temporary.  It would be great to allow bombardier and co-pilot functionality (multi-crew)

ROF repackaged for VR - Outstanding.

Great news! 

As others have said I am assuming the A8 will have a modification to make it an F ground attack variant - seeing as the allies will have 3 legitimate jabos. 

I paid my dues 99.97 US$ for BOB, and the 2 collector planes.  :biggrin:

I did my share Jason. Now its up to you. Good luck.

Let's admit it, it is not often am I happy to dish out some money in advance.

Great product portfolio diversification. Looking forward to all of them. Especially Tank crew :)

Well my wife is certainly pissed off about this announcement...

Really looking forward to all of it. I get my trusty SE5a in VR, a Panther in VR and the whole list of Bodenplatte aircraft in VR, you guys really knocked it out of the park with this one!

• Upvote 5

Great news.

Love that scenery.

Made a preorder for BOB, Bf 109G-6 and La-5FN

Later i will preorder TANK CREW too.

Cant wait to drive tanks :)

Ok so just purchased also in addition to the next theatre the two collector planes, so have the complete set on pre-order now to show my support!

Stab./KG 51, I./KG 51 and II./KG 51 had Me 262 A-2s on 01.01.1945

Why IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Bodenplatte has no Founder Bar anymore??? Missing in Action???

It will be ready later

Not sure about the Spit 9 for Winter 44/45.

126 Wing, 39 Reece Wing, 131 Wing, 132 Wing, 135 Wing, 145 Wing, 35 Reece Wing. Also 127 Wing had Spitfire XVIs - submodification of Spit IX

• Upvote 2

That's -99.97 USD  :mellow:  :lol:

yes, thats seems fair; consider this, you could be like DCS Worlds model and be paying from $70.00 to $100.00 per-plane..oh and wait 4 to 6 years for that plane to be actually done.

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff
  • Upvote 3

yes, thats seems fair; consider this, you could be like DCS Worlds model and be paying from $70.00 to $100.00 per-plane..

What I was actually trying to say was more like: That's ~100 USD less on my bank account  ;)

Also 125 and 127 Wings had Spitfire XIVs - submodification of Spit IX

No no no

XIV had Griffon engine and a host of airframe changes.  Was a totally new Mark not submodification.  I think you should make both.

von Tom

• Upvote 1

Good to hear about the new tanks. It would be great if we could have a dedicated commander position in the tanks when they are developped (and incorporated to the already made Panzer III and T-34). I know the T-34's commander was also the gunner, but I am talking about the modelling of the interior vision devices for the commander (like the round cuppola in the German tanks, and the full traversable periscopes in the Soviet tanks). Also some will find curious that in the KV-1 the commander was the loader! not the gunner nor the 3rd member in the turret (which was a mechanical assistant if i'm correct).

No no no

XIV had Griffon engine and a host of airframe changes.  Was a totally new Mark not submodification.  I think you should make both.

von Tom

And what about the Mk XVI? was that present at Boddenplate?

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Fantastic news.  :)  Congratulations.

Thank you for your passion and dedication.

My main hobby and interest is saved.  I think all other flight simulations will be dead to me now, LOL.  Rock on IL Sturmovik!

Tempest V will make it for me, thanks again. 

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

I will say, while I am very excited for the future of this sim and the direction they are going with adding ROF to the mix,  I personally am not much about tanks. I am sure there are a number of folks that are though and will get a lot of enjoyment out of them.

I will continue to support and that includes the upcoming tanks, but for me I won't be playing them.  I am all about the flying. I do enjoy dropping bombs on them though...

I'm completely blown away by this! RoF 2 is happening!!!

You can count on 8-10 copies for the 103rd Aero squadron.

Boddenplatte is a great choice as well.

Home Runs all around!

S!

Hunter

Edited by US103_Hunter

Yes, it's my mistake. I mean XVI

I'm happy with everything, few weeks ago I was asking for you guys to assume your leadership on ww2 and move to the west front instead of pacific. Wise choice !
Next few days ago we talked with friends about the amazing tank battles in Red Orchestra 1 and its multicrew. Red Orchestra 2 failed on that part and now you guys are doing it, amazing :)

Full support to your team that deliver things and pretty good ones !

Very good News....  Looking forward  and will preorder very soon too ;D

ps:  I hope we will not need  thousands of  Bullets with the  4x30mm in the ME262 for a  PE2    :lol:

I'm glad we dodged the Pacific bullet (for now).

This late-war planeset on the Western Front is sure to peak the interest of the Western market even more than the Pacific could.

All of these product plans look phenominal... Looks like I'm gonna have to pony up some cash! Gotta own them all!

• Upvote 1

Just one more thing, please make the B-25 flyable as a nice move to your great player community there's many players that would love to fly it !

Hi Jason and Dev Team,

thank you for this great announcement and the courage you have to postpone your plans for the Pacific Theatre and I know, Jason, that this wasn't

an easy step for you knowing you're going to disappoint quite a lot of your fans.

But, on the other hand we all know very well what quality level you want to achieve and to offer us as well. What I'm concerned, I was very well aware

of the difficulties (resources, time line, content) you might encounter in this project - PTO - as most of us are very demanding, restless demanding.

And so it is quite obvious you want to deliver the best and at least keep the great level of quality of your products... and of course you always surpassed

our expectations!

I can already imagine how detailed people want to see the carriers, all the busy tasks on the deck, the implementation of the LSO and so on... so it is

absolutely logical and consequent for you to change your plans.

As always, you and your incredible dev team, deliver a fantastic job and make a great product with passion - the very same passion we all enjoy with

your products. Thank you very much.

Cheers

PS: Pre-Order done of course!

Edited by Therion

Question:

Will the Prokhorovka map be flyable (even if optimized for ground operation)?

Thanks.

What a surprise. I like it. Great stuff guys. :biggrin:

PS- Putting this in small print because the overall plan is great and I dont want to detract from it.

A suggestion for further collector planes...sorry gents I just must mention them: Hawker Typhoon and Mosquito.

Hi B6,

dont know if this question is to early but wich subseries are planed for the P-51D and P-47D?

Do you have the permission for giving me this info?

P-51D 20/25   ?

P-47D 25/26/27/30 ?

Thank you

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

This is a huge step for the IL2 franchise, very bold future plans with multiple branches and a single platform. This is 100x bigger news than I expected. Also congrats on the new brand names for the franchise and the game engine!

I feel like they listened to all the comments and they said, fuck it, let's build it all!! For the Pacific folks, be patient, it will come.

P-47? I think I'm going to cry.

Tempest, looks very interesting.

P-38, very nice surprise.

The low countries map sounds great to me :)

Multiple tanks including tiger and Elephant? That will be amazing. Having seen the early PzIII version in VR, i cannot imagine how amazing the next versions will be.

I havent played ROF enough to appreciate the news here, but im very happy for those who wanted the kites ported to this engine. Im sure it will win me over too.

Where are we going to get all the time to play with all this content?

Of course, I pre-ordered BoB and collectors planes. $100 seems even cheap for all the enjoyment per hour i get from this game.

-          More attractive GUI and better GUI optimization

…. and many other small, medium and large improvements to usability, functionality and performance.

So hoping the above means the possibility of eventually  having individual plane controller assignments.

:) 

SPEECHLESS!!!  :lol:

Just a tiny comment: Do you remember the T34 vs Tiger sim? In my humble opinion, this is the way to start. That sim was good and it had a great potential. It was a bit overwheming controlling the 5-man crew and not having a joystick though.

Hi B6,

dont know if this question is to early but wich subseries are planed for the P-51D and P-47D?

Do you have the permission for giving me this info?

P-51D 20/25   ?

P-47D 25/26/27/30 ?

Thank you

Hi, I can't answer now I didn't study this question yet.

I've only list of P-51D's and P-47D's FGs

We've to finish BOK career and campaign in the first place)

• Upvote 3

A S T O U N D I N G !

Edit: Im still reeling from the shock but this is everything I wanted from the game.

I expect it all to be completed by Xmas ;)

Edited by OrLoK
  • Upvote 1

Totally mind blowing Jason and Team 777. $100 well spent and will continue to buy everything you guys (and girls?). You just keep on giving us something exciting to look forward to from one month to the next. I can't think of a better way to spend my money.