Jason_Williams

Discussion of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tank Crew Announcement...

Sure this is excellent news, because that means IL2 will continue to be developed, improved, progress for some more years. Bodenplatte was a very short, very intense and very time limited operation compared to Stalingrad that lasted much longer.

It will give us to fly some very nice airplanes that would not be present on a Pacific title, like the P47 and P51, the ME262 etc.  We should also have much more roads, villages, cities and railways per square mile compared to the previous battles that were on immense and low density territory. I suspect that BOB was more a financial choice that makes the best use of the capital invested already in BOS, BOM and BOK. 

Now let's go to pre-order!  ;)

Exciting and unexpected news. There are positives for me in all 3 new titles, but I have to say that overall I'm disappointed, as i was looking forward to the Pacific (though I read Jason's reasons and understand the decision completely).

Am I right in thinking that the Tank Crew title will allow flyable aircraft just as the other titles, just that the map will be smaller but constructed with more ground detail for the tankers?

• Upvote 2

Well I'm still picking my jaw up off the floor but this is outstanding. I'm incredibly excited for all three products and I'm sure I will be purchasing as my wallet allows! :)

Spitfire IX and Tempest V? Heck yes! I was hoping we might see a Typhoon or a Tempest in a future product and that dream is coming true in the next year. I'm also a huge fan of the aircraft set. I participated in many IL-2: 1946 battles featuring these specific aircraft. I know the team doesn't tend to leave stuff AI for long so maybe that B-25 will eventually become a flyable at a later date too and I would also muse about an A-20G. Of course there's much to be excited about so I will try not to look too far into the future.

I know the Rise of Flight guys are going to be over the moon to get the new engine and VR support. Awesome. And... and and tank battles! With AAA vehicles. I'm assuming we'll be able to fly over the Belgorod map as well. Tanks being a true combined arms situation would be outstanding and the aircraft set from Battle of Kuban translates well enough drawing on the IL-2 1943 and Hs129 in particular.

P-47, A-8 and more, definitely time to return to Il-2...

great news, can't wait  :)

Bodenplatte - at first I thought meh that's not what I wanted, but then I saw the Tempest - ever since I've read Clostermann (which was quite late in fact), I have wanted to fly the Tempest in a proper sim. That's awesome. I also happen to love the P47.

Haha! Happened the same to me. After I read Clostermanns Book I wanted to fly the Tempest so badly, that I even reinstalled Il-2 1946... ;)

Not sure about the Spit 9 for Winter 44/45. I'd have thought a Spit 14 or so would be more appropriate but the 9 has the advantage of use on the Eastern Front too I suppose (and I guess they'll have Russian test docs already).

I thought about that too. Some units were flying the XIV at this point but a lot were flying the IX still and I'm hoping that when they say IX they mean that we'll have some of the mods here like the C and E type wings, clipped wings, bomb and maybe even rocket loadouts, etc. Even more crazy if it were to be available with the bubble canopy that we see on some very late IX/XVI versions. The Spitfires at this point were sometimes being used as tactical fighters and fighter-bombers even.

I think that "Battle of the Bulge" was allready taken otherwise is was also a good title, no?

Now all that if left for us to do is to lobby to make the B-025 flyable. Please.  :salute: 

​Did buy for 99$99 IL2 stuf today my christmass tree is provide for this year.

Edited by senseispcc

But what really brought me close to weeping, is the fact, that RoF is NOT DEAD and is heading for a bright future...

You won't be the only one, I guarantee.

Something magical about Rise Of Flight, and to see it get some love at this point is just wonderful.

"Our tanks will be multi-crew in multiplayer which most other leading tank games are not capable of"

Red orchestra 1 & 2 :P

It's so weird tho that they went into late war just like that :o: it's nice but i hope we will still come back to russia. Kind of dissapointed that this is fighters only expansion :( no bomber, no ground attaker meh. Willl buy anyway :P

No mention of seaplanes.       :cray:

Flying Circus (i.e. RoF with VR)       :fly:

Maybe later, dude.

It's just the Volume 1

• Upvote 2

Not sure about the Spit 9 for Winter 44/45. I'd have thought a Spit 14 or so would be more appropriate but the 9 has the advantage of use on the Eastern Front too I suppose (and I guess they'll have Russian test docs already).

a Spit LF-Mk9e with 25lb boost will be fine for the Job i guess :lol:

This is awesome news, Fw190 Dora, ME262 are my favorites, cant wait to throw money at this. Plus  a proper Tank Sim, plus an update to RoF. This is unreal and gladly buy these. Best Friday ever.

Edited by Tyberan

Ordered Bodenplatte and the 2 new collector's aircraft. Will order Flying Circus work as soon as available.

A Tempest V is, for me, the best news of all.

BTW, will the tank element offer a Kursk map for flying as well?

• Upvote 1

Brilliant news, especially Tempest and (possibly) LI-2   but can you clarify two points?

1)   Am I right in thinking the Pacific theatre is still on the cards for later down the line?  Some replies seem to be mourning the fact that it has been Cancelled rather than Delayed.

*Apologies*  You addressed this question in a separate post.

2)  Are there plans to bring together any elements of the new Tank Sim & the Air Sim?  For example multi-crewed Panzers in the Bodenplatte map (yes I know Tank Crew itself uses a more detailed map) 

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

You don't get many days like this in a year :lol:

So much to look forward to :cool:

I just hope your partner studios have the same level of QA that you do!

Ordered Bodenplatte and the 2 new collector's aircraft. Will order Flying Circus work as soon as available.

A Tempest V is, for me, the best news of all.

BTW, will the tank element offer a Kursk map for flying as well?

You know what, I just thought why Tank Crew doesn`t mix in some Shermans/Matildas/Churchills. Would be only rational since BoB will already be available.

Great news, Finnish Virtual Pilots and Lentorykmentti 3 (LeR3) THANK YOU!  :salute:

We Finns are very happy with these new late war aircrafts and first and foremost the new Bf 109 G-6 with Finnish skin and of course the great La-5FN, too!  ;)

Edited by LeR3_Kanttori

Very happy and impressed with the announcement...

The biggest draw for me was the rebirth of RoF with Flying Circus, it will be something I will be really looking forward too.

On the WWII side, well, being able to take part as an RAF pilot again is a massive boost for me as I thought it would take many years before I would see it in a BoS series... thank you Jason and team.

I'm rather hoping that if they get any time (though looking at the development time I'm not at all sure where that would come from) they can fit in V1s - they would only need to be AI controlled and would add great flavour.

Of course that's just me being greedy, I know that. It was just the first thing that popped into my head after seeing the words 'TEMPEST MK V'

• Upvote 1

This is very exciting news. I've been hoping for a P-47 and P-38 in this sim, but never thought it would happen this soon. I'll be pre-ordering plenty of products when I get home from work. Thank you, Jason and team, and I hope you continue to have success!

Well done Jason with RoF, bravo! It deserves it and it's a great surprise!

I can't wait for G6 as for the new SE5a!

Edited by 150GCT_Veltro
  • Upvote 1

A brave, clear-sighted decision.  Clearly the developers will do what is needed to give their work the future it deserves.  For "Battle of Bodenplatte" I'd prefer more dedicated ground-attack options, but I suppose on the western front fighters were re-purposed to perform those duties.

Does anybody here familiar with the operation know if Soignies and/or Silly would be likely to be included on the map?  Would be interesting to fly over my former residence, it hasn't changed much since the war.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

SO looking forward to the PTO, but with the P-38, P-47, Tempest and especially Flying Circus, more than happy. Pre-ordered. Thank you. 

WOW!!! My dreams come true!!! THANK YOU TEAM!!!

Bodenplatte, ROF2 and tank simulator (with my beloved Panther) Holy Shi. !!!

You are the best Jason :salute:

Flying Circus! Absolutely bloody brilliant!

For me, this is the most exciting part of the announcement. I honestly can't wait to get into some ww1 action in glorious VR.

Oh.. And an ME262... This was some announcement. Well worth the wait.

Edited by BazzaLB

Finally the patient wait for more work on ROF pays off!

A Big YES and an even bigger THANK YOU... 

my money is yours when you'll take it!  ... Only down side is I may have to part with even more cash to go VR once this happens as I've read too many good things about what you've done for VR in these WWII birds.

• Upvote 1

Flying Circus! Absolutely bloody brilliant!

For me, this is the most exciting part of the announcement. I honestly can't wait to get into some ww1 action in glorious VR.

+1

RoF 2 is really an amazing news.

F#c& Yes!!!

Holey Sheet, F#c& Yeah!

Mustang vs Dora, Mustang vs Dora, Mustang vs Dora.........................

**appropriate comments to follow after I preorder everything and calm down.

• Upvote 2