Jason_Williams

Discussion of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tank Crew Announcement...

Oh my god, i can't even express how much i love you guys, first time in my life, wishing i was a year older already.  :biggrin:

Pre-ordered everything right away, thank you so very much for all your incredible hard work and passion, gentlemen!

PS: Rest in peace DCS WWII... |+| ...Friday November 17th 2017 13:00 GMT +1!  :lol:

Edited by [TWB]Jizzo
  • Upvote 2

I would've bought Pacific, but i'm gonna by all of these with a lot of joy! Thanks guys!!! Looking forward to this... ob's stürmt oder schneit ob die Sonne uns lacht... :drinks:

• Upvote 1

Guys, Jason has explicitly asked us not to discuss the 'delayed Pacific project' here. At least give him a chance to explain first.

As for the rest, I'm gobsmacked....

• Upvote 2

Thank you for this! I was certainly not really looking forward into going into the Pacific anf keeping it in Europe is a very wrlcome addition for me. Great job! Pre-ordering ...

Wow, very impressive! Can't deny I was looking forward to Pacific, but this is certainly very interesting. :)

As above, also curious whether tank crew battles will be for tanks only, or whether they will mix somehow? Tank crew in BoX maps? I'm guessing it will be a separate thing.

Yeah, I was so excited while preordering the whole stuff that I replied here without reading the first post.

I edited my previous message

Edited by F/JG300_Gruber

Excellent news, the only thing about the pacific I was looking forward to was carrier landings. This timeframe, location and plane set is fantastic.

Bodenplate excellent!!!!

Really a big announcement.
A huge thank you to all the team.

Preorder made. A thousand thanks

Edited by A-E-Hartmann
  • Upvote 1

Terrific!  While Battle of Midway and Battle of Okinawa would've been cool, I'm very happy and thrilled about the direction IL-2 is taking.  It's definitely the right way to go.  To back that up, I've pre-ordered Bodenplatte and the La-5FN.

Just a suggestion: Could we please have a flyable Douglas A-20G Havoc gun nose version in Bodenplatte?  Historically it was present and it should be possible to modify the A-20 already planned for Battle of Kuban to the gun nose version.  Thanks for considering and keep up the outstanding work.

That's a fantastic announcement with ground breaking work forthcoming in our beloved genre. I plan to be here for a while, enjoying the release of each component and watching this sim grow as it has done spectacularly well so far.  Bodenplate makes sense, it effectively follows content likened to "Aces Expansion Pack" for the original IL2 series and Jason has said that they're moving in the spirit of the original so kudos to you guys for having that long term vision.

Having said that I'm truly, genuinely disappointed that we aren't getting Midway in 2018 and we'll have to wait a couple of years.  But good things come to those who wait they say... patience is a virtue and all that... and if in the long term it means this sim grows for the better then I'm all in.

Edited by Firestorm07
  • Upvote 2

Woo Hoo!!! I was (sort of) right with my post previously about Western Europe being high on the list. I'm so stoked...primarily because you're bringing me my all time favourite aircraft of WW2: Hawker Tempest V. Napier Sabre engine delivering >2000hp, 4 x 20mm Hispano cannon, capable of 432mph or 600kmph+ max speeds. 

I think i just peed a little....

• Upvote 1

Very nice. I am impressed with the scope of the plans, and with this team`s quality work I can be no other than very optimistic about the future of IL2.

Going to Bodenplatte rightaway IMO is a very courageous decision yet very rational at the same time.Was the FW190A8 the only ground attack aircraft at the time? Will we get the bomber variant of the Schwalbe?

I also think the Collector Planes pick is spot on. Ofcourse I will try all those aircraft in the new IL2 universe!

Flying Circus I`m somewhat on the fence. I just can`t seem to "get it" yet?

Tank Crew is what I was thinking about aswell. I`ll probably buy it, if the price is right. I`m not exactly a WoT player, but if it gets released to compliment a good coop environment, I have no objections to do my part on the ground.

The only downside is that I have not seen anything pertaining implementing the coop mode. I mean I know it is scheduled to come with BoK but I would appreciate a clear confirmation that it is coming, and maybe adding some more information on how it is going to look.

My main question : what if I preorder the G6 first, wait some time, and then get BoK? Will the plane be available for me rightaway in QMB, without the need to buy BoK first?

I wish you good luck in your work Devs. Let`s all keep the dream alive.

I have car repairs to pay for today, so whether or not I pre-order today is a little up in the air, but it's pay day on Tuesday so if not today, then definitely on Tuesday  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

I'm actually curious about this flying circus... will it be a paid dlc for il2 (do I have to buy all my planes again) or do my existing aircraft transfer over?

All in all, the new planned theater is way unexpected and now I know what I'm pretty ordering for christmas...

Damn, I'm gonna need a new rig...

• Upvote 1

Tempest !!!!!!!!!!   ... now let s read the rest  :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Why would they? their game is quite up already, its not like its a race or a contest.

• Upvote 1

.... I have a hunch that this upcoming title will have a greater interest from the public than the Pacific theatre...(more to my taste) but as far I see it; we will have them both eventually. Looking forward to read Jasons’ reasons for the delay. I can wait for sure.

Pre-ordered check

.. I want my BoB plaque ;)

Edited by SvAF/F19_Klunk

Great news for IL2 Great Battle Series! ^^

Waiting for some news about delayed PTO, though.

Cheers,

Late European theater? Hell yeah!! Now I'm really going to need a new PC and get VR, that's the sad part

...a bit disapointed here. Not really a fan of those  Messerschmitt109/262Fockewulfdora vs Thunderlightningmustangbold late war scenarios over the Ardennes Map.For me,it´s the same like Battle of Britian scenarios: Played to death in Flight Sim history over the past years.

But you can´t make it right for everyone. Ofc,I will support the new direction nevertheless.

S!

• Upvote 2

Have to say, I was excited about going to the Pacific, but late war over Germany/surrounding is even better! So good to see the series expand and the love for you guys grow, awesome as always! I have just Pre-Ordered the G-6 and the FN and will Pre-Order Bodenplate next!

Thank you again guys

Awesome news!!  ;)

wait...i just realised...it's all in one client right? inb4 Sopwith Camel vs Me 262

also
ikeepthrowingmoneyatmyscreennothingishap

Edited by 6./ZG26_Asgar
  • Upvote 4