Jason_Williams

Discussion of Bodenplatte, Flying Circus and Tank Crew Announcement...

I just threw as much money as I could at you guys. That means the new theater and 1 collector plane pre orders ( really too tight on money this month for both collector planes).

Really amazing news!

Question.. does allies will get US AND British tanks for the ground forces we gonna be obliterating in the new theater?

Very cool! P47 and Dora :) P38! 

I put my money on a merge between RoF and BoS, wasn't that much wrong :)

I'll be following (and buying) all those three products for sure.

Three dev updates every friday now?  :cool:

Otherwise the screen of the P-39, A-20 and Yak 7b are nice.
But seeing the announcement, they ended up being forgotten. :biggrin: 

I cant hold it in any longer

I'm an AMERICAN and I LOVE the P-51 And i don't CARE who knows!

You know that felt good.

• Upvote 4

Battle of Bodenplatte sounds pretty funny to my ears :)

I am really happy that the battle stays near or even in europe. Europe was always the much more interesting theater. So good choice.

Edited by PicksKing
  • Upvote 1

Amazing, honestly just amazing. 

battle of midway would have been nice but i would say it would have been limited, This however is simply amazing. Just the perfect time for this plane set, and easily expandable to the east front or even 1944.

And with the tanks as well, need a smart idea to use them for Mplayer but i think it will add a alot.

I hope we get some heavy bombers, B17 B24s and proper multicrew will be a dream 

You know that felt good.

:good: 

I am with you there!

I imagine this is good news for the fighter pilots, to me this is devastating. I simply do not have interest in late war fighter types . I think however it is not a bad idea business wise. 

Thankfully Wellington and Beufighter is coming in COD

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

All three pre-ordered. If possible would have pre-ordered Flying Circus right now, can't wait for this to happen.

And will pre-order Tanks as well even though I'm only interested in flying but just to support devs.

• Upvote 1

I am disappointed!     :sorry:

I had looked forward to the challenge of carrier operation in the pacific and the challenge of long flights over water as well as getting reacquainted with the Hayrake beacons, but it should not be.

I see that the choice of Bodenplatte goes well with the tank-makers and the current war on the Easter front. Although I would like to see both Russian and German scout vehicles.

But I am sorely surprised by introducing the B-25,…even as an AI.  :umnik2:

Operation Bodenplatte took place from 1 January 1945. At which the Martin B-26 Marauder was the only US Airforce medium bomber in the European Theater of Operation(ETO) . Only the French and RAF used the B-25 as a medium bomber in Northern Europe.

So the logical and historical choice should be to choose the B-26.

Unless you wanted a British used aircraft, in which the native produced D.H.Mosquito FB/B Mk. IX would the natural choice. :big_boss:

I am also quite perplexed by the choice of making the Spitfire Mk. IX.

Although it was still in use as a fighter-bomber (among Sqds like RAF 331), it was not equal to the Luftwaffe fighters. A more natural choice would have been to make the Spitfire Mk XIV or the Spitfire Mk XVI.

Both choices would be like introducing the TB-3 into the Eastern front Theater, or giving the VVS the B-25 (VVS did evaluate the B-25, but chose not to adopt).

When that is said; I am glad to see the developers and business planners thinking outside the box. Adding the ground combat environment and additional aircrafts through partnerships are nice. :good:

With this I am sure that we will see better Multi-core/Multi-threading CPU support, to ensure stable servers as well as increased support for more realistic missions.

Starfire clear!  :salute:

• Upvote 2

That P-38 tho...

No disrespect intended. Definitely an all time beauty as well, and that kitten has claws. 

"Jet engine technology and associated physics of higher Mach numbers"

Now we are really talking! Still waiting for the day when IL2 Korea, IL2 Six Day War, IL2 Vietnam, and IL2 Falklands is a reality :)

Great news overall! Hostable MP servers for small co-op groups would make a fine addition aswell.

Absolutely stunning plane set! Future looks bright  ;)

But the most of all I am happy to read about planned AI improvements!!! Thx!!!

• Upvote 1

My check is in the mail....I'd order everything, but I can't do that at this time... :salute:

( So no Midway.......?)

post-393-0-58068700-1510932671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blitzen

~S~ Comrades,

I immediately pre-ordered all three offerings. Thanks!

Happy_Aviator.jpg

Keep 'em flying,

"Jupp" ~S~ :salute:

This are great news. Thank you very much!

To me it more looks like they have not earned any money and set the final chapter of this series. Where to go after Bodenplatte? Good news , no sadly I do not think so, it is more, " end this with dignity"

HOLY HOLY MOLY!!!   Pre-ordering all tonight.  And I'll be all over Flying Circus like Fokkers on a Camel!   :D

Hey guys, this is nonsense! This operation was actually called "Unternehmen Bodenplatte", so please don't translate this. Or would you also be happy with

"Operation red beard" instead of "Unternehmen Barbarossa"??? I don't think so.

Just my thoughts.

Cheerio

Lens was being VERY tongue in cheek with a reply to another poster. He was actually advocating FOR Bodenplatte.

Wow, this was nowhere near what I had expected - an absolute curve-ball.

One one hand I am, as many others, disappointed that we will not see the pacific for years to come. I am not too keen on the late war, and there are no bombers in the planeset - but on the other hand...where to start:

A Rise of Flight Remaster?! Bless my doped canvas heart, it's happening! I never thought it even a distant possibility - the planeset misses out on some favourites but by golly, if I can fly them in VR, with DX12 and GROUND KILLS BEING REGISTERED, I am prepared to buy everything you make for the next decade.

I was about to get excited for the 262, when I saw...at the bottom there....oh my god a P-38. A P-38!

Multi-crew tank battles??

I want the pacific, but these are fantastic products, and I wholeheartedly support you in spirit, and in cash.

• Upvote 1

I am also quite perplexed by the choice of making the Spitfire Mk. IX.

Although it was still in use as a fighter-bomber (among Sqds like RAF 331), it was not equal to the Luftwaffe fighters. A more natural choice would have been to make the Spitfire Mk XIV or the Spitfire Mk XVI.

All hands, brace for impact.

To me it more looks like they have not earned any money and set the final chapter of this series. Where to go after Bodenplatte? Good news , no sadly I do not think so, it is more, " end this with dignity"

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

I do have a question about the future Flying Circus  release : will it be VR enabled????  :cool:

post-393-0-52307200-1510933525_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I wasn't expecting this announcement this soon ... and I would have bet Pacific at 100 against 1 !

:biggrin:

But I'm not dispointed at all because the Bodenplate plane set is really great and match all my expectations.

I would be glad to have some heavies (B17 ?) to shoot at with my Fw190A-8 !

I do have a question about the future Flying Circus  release : will it be VR enabled????  :cool:

"all the latest technology like VR, 64bit, DX11 and improved visuals"

I am super-excited about this! I think merging the games has the potential to really increase the overall playerbase as some WW2 guys might jump into the WW1 faction of the game for fun, and vice versa.

All in all - AWESOME!!! 

Thank you Jason and co. !  :salute: 

From a clean marketing standpoint, and not knowing the map frontier plans, I would guess Bulge or Ardennes would have been a better name, as everyone have listened to it or read about it in school. I would probably have gone with Bulge. 

I would like to know why it wasn't that, for the sake of curiosity!

And BoB all the way! Now I'll have a good reason to fly german planes :P

Preordered  :cool: 

Really good announcement. Wasn't expected the return of Rise of Flight into IL2 client. Will see lot of great multiplayers battle varying between WW2, WW1 and tanks battle. :)

Can't wait!

You know that felt good.

You'd be happy to live where I do in Cambridgeshire because I'm close to the Duxford air museum (the American aviation building is amazing, SR-71,B-52, B-29, B-17, A-10, Huey and lots more) and I often have P-51s overhead. Duxford was both an RAF and USAAF base in WWII. I'm also near the Madingley USA cemetery where far too many of your soldiers and air-men are buried; it's a sobering but beautiful place. Duxford has glass panels with every American air-craft lost in the war engraved upon them by type. The panels go on for some distance ...

You know what, I just thought why Tank Crew doesn`t mix in some Shermans/Matildas/Churchills. Would be only rational since BoB will already be available.

M4a2 is listed. I assumed it was a Sherman M4a2. Is this not the case?