1_Robert_

Your favorite German fighter

It an original punchline by this point in the thread... but my favourite German fighter is the one that's all sound and fury until my Peshka gunners saw his wings off.

Favourite German fighter? Probably the Albatros D.III. Though it was clearly under-modelled whenever I flew it, and received a mysterious performance boost as soon as I started flying anything with roundels. 

As far as the new-fangled WW2 metal monstrosities go, I'd have to pick the 109 E. Perhaps not as graceful as later versions (excepting some Gs , which seem to have the mumps or something), but a much better balance between manoeuvrability and power, for someone who'd rather be flying with his head in the slipstream and with the humming of the bracing wires as an airspeed indicator. 

What museum?

That Junkers J9 is a quirky looking thing.

I'm guessing the location is Musée de l’Air et de l’Espace, Le Bourget, Paris.

I love the Antons, and the A8 is the pinnacle of Anton. 

Pinnacle of the Antons would be the FW 190A-9.

Over 900 of these were built, production began in Spring of 1944.

Kommodore of JG6 "Horst Wessel", Obstlt. Johannes Kogler, was shot down in Fw190A-9 over Volkel airfield on 1st January, 1945. Exactly during Bodenplatte :)

Kommodore of JG6 "Horst Wessel", Obstlt. Johannes Kogler, was shot down in Fw190A-9 over Volkel airfield on 1st January, 1945. Exactly during Bodenplatte :)

Yes, hopefully we will get an A-9 also as it was serving already before Bodenplatte. It was faster than the A-8.

on my too :)

Aint that the suicide ac Komet that one couldn´t survive the landing alive lol.. :o:

Yes, hopefully we will get an A-9 also as it was serving already before Bodenplatte. It was faster than the A-8.

I'm guessing they decided that the A-8 would be good as it can also be the F-8 with minor modifications. Was there an F-9? Was it essentially the same?

I'm guessing they decided that the A-8 would be good as it can also be the F-8 with minor modifications. Was there an F-9? Was it essentially the same?

FW190F-9:

post-788-0-01036500-1511221407_thumb.jpg

A8 is also more useful for eastern front with out current plane set. 

Sure, but it's a 1944 model.  That means that it would face the La-7... a devastatingly bad matchup for any FW-190A.

Well after my first 30 hrs in this game I'd have to say I prefer the 109F4. I'm impressed with how it muscles through a climb and yet can do a little aerobatics. Last night I managed a 4 kill vs 0 down which is definitely a vast improvement for me. I read the 190s are supposed to be better in a dive but I haven't noticed that..?

I was concerned with the guns in the 109 at first but I've since come to realize I was just not being precise enough. As well, I've been using a convergence of 400m instead of 600 and that has suited me personally. 

I'm loving the game and really enjoying multiplayer. Hopefully I'll be able to connect with a group online eventually as it would be neat to do some teamwork.

Cheers,

Robert

Well after my first 30 hrs in this game I'd have to say I prefer the 109F4. I'm impressed with how it muscles through a climb and yet can do a little aerobatics. Last night I managed a 4 kill vs 0 down which is definitely a vast improvement for me. I read the 190s are supposed to be better in a dive but I haven't noticed that..?

I was concerned with the guns in the 109 at first but I've since come to realize I was just not being precise enough. As well, I've been using a convergence of 400m instead of 600 and that has suited me personally. 

I'm loving the game and really enjoying multiplayer. Hopefully I'll be able to connect with a group online eventually as it would be neat to do some teamwork.

Cheers,

Robert

I'm glad your aerial gunnery got better. Maybe you should try the 190 again and see how devastating it is compared to the 109. The 190 can dive at 800+ kph (off the spedometer scale), it just takes some good altitude and a steep angle to get there. Nobody catches it after that.

I'm glad your aerial gunnery got better. Maybe you should try the 190 again and see how devastating it is compared to the 109. The 190 can dive at 800+ kph (off the spedometer scale), it just takes some good altitude and a steep angle to get there. Nobody catches it after that.

Ok thanks. Do you prefer A3 or 5?

Ok thanks. Do you prefer A3 or 5?

Personally I prefer the A3 because it can pull more deflection in lower speeds. That can get you out of a pickle much easier when you have to do rolling scissors and fore an overshoot. The A5 wont give you that chance, but at the same time your sensitivity isnt as high so your aerial gunnery can be better than the A3.

I'm curious for those 109 drivers out there, do you carry the optional gun pods when available? I've been choosing a clean bird as I like the lighter aircraft. Anyone else prefer the trade off for a lighter plane?

I'm curious for those 109 drivers out there, do you carry the optional gun pods when available? I've been choosing a clean bird as I like the lighter aircraft. Anyone else prefer the trade off for a lighter plane?

I would never use gun pods for anything other than dedicated bomber killing, but then again I seldom fly the 109.

My experience from having to deal with a lot of 109s online is, that about 1/3 of the players use gun pods. This makes them far easier to deal with in a dogfight, my MiG easily outmaneuvers a gun-pod-109 at any altitude.

However, not all opponents make it easy for you: About half of the guys flying with pods are excellent marksmen, meaning they only need 1 small chance of a shot at you, and you’re toast. The other half are n00bs who just go for the heaviest possible armament to spray-and-pray with. They are even easier targets than they would be with no pods.

I fly the 109 when I want to "dogfight" or knife fight inside a phone booth. When I want to carry a war hammer I pick the Fw with all of her guns. I'm an average shot at best. So, the Fw is more my cuppa tea anyway. Can't see any reason to fly with pods on a 109 and degrade the performance. If there is no commander ordering me to do so why would I?

Just wanna point out, that a warhammer is actually a fairly small and light weapon for use at very close range.

ade-8403.JPG

Edited by Finkeren

Just wanna point out, that a warhammer is actually a fairly small and light weapon for use at very close range.

ade-8403.JPG

Depends on yer hammer  ;)

post-1221-0-19689700-1511681603_thumb.jpg

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf

Love the 190, any version. That combination of speed, firepower, dive, roll and cockpit visibility is a Boom-and-zoomers dream. I like fast planes and I cannot lie.