Searching for VR pilots and where they communicate at

Old school flight simmer here new to IL2 (ok back after 11 years)  

VR (Oculus Rift) had brought me back to IL2.

Where does everyone hang out at?  Teamspeak?  Discord seems dead.

I plan on flying in TAW BUT its taking me weeks to learn everything on my own.. NO Comms with pilots yet.. (OK Just a couple)  

IL@ has steep learning curve, especially in VR so.. lets drink some beers and fly.

ps  VR and IL2 is very efin COOL!

For English speaking pilots, for voice communication most drop in pilots and a few squads are on the BOS official Teamspeak for Wings of Liberty.

The TAW teamspeak for TAW.

The Wings of Liberty TS usually has in excess of 70% of the Russian speaking pilots flying Red on it during my timezone (and they coordinate well too!).

I fly in VR too, Teamspeak is a must, as I fly with HUD off for 95% of the flight, only on during startup or long flight legs or when RTB to check the chat.

hey, Pshootr, what time zone are u in?

I fly in vr as well, we can meet up on a ts somewhere if our time zones match, mine is EST (near DC).

West Coast,  Santa Barbara

Usually Have DeSherrifs Discord open and depending on where I am flying poking around on TeamSpeak.

New to TAW, but plan on that being my usual place to fly.... once I am comfortably identifying EA from Friendlies. 

d'oh.. 3 hours difference..

i usually fly around 8-9pm-12am eastern, so that may be too early for you but let me know anyway.

yeah, the aircraft ID is a tough thing in VR but don't fret:

- make sure you can use VR zoom, this is imperative

- fly/train in Berloga as much as possible. It's a fast action dog-fight server (don't need to fly far) that'll teach you to tell a friend from a foe. It won't be easy but like you said IL has a steep learning curve. This is one of those curves.

I was thinking about venturing in to TAW but a lone wolf won't last long there, so I was thinking about joining up with someone.

West Coast,  Santa Barbara

Usually Have DeSherrifs Discord open and depending on where I am flying poking around on TeamSpeak.

New to TAW, but plan on that being my usual place to fly.... once I am comfortably identifying EA from Friendlies. 

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings aces

I've just recently started to seriously fly in VR. At the moment I am doing the BoS campaign on Expert difficulty and I tremendously enjoy it. I am planning to to earn my wings in multiplayer. I am looking for like-minded VR pilots that fly during European hours. I am located in Switzerland and usually can come online 8pm GMT+1. 

Hope to see you in the virtual skies.

Kirin out

• 3 weeks later...

I fly in VR, not every evening but fairly regularly after 8pm UK time. I usually check in on the BOS official TS and the WoL TS but they're always pretty dead for English speakers. Next time I fly I'll try to stay in the channel the whole time, come say hi if you see me, I'm probably in over my head and obviously unable to type for help :salute:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,  Im a relative newby to  BOS, I did lots of combat flight simming in the past but took a 10 year break.  Back with new system and VR.  I live on West coast of Canada and would like to hook up with like minded group partially to help with setup and so I can participate in online fun.  At this point, I dont have much to offer as Im looking for assistance in getting up to speed.  

Cheers all