Just wanna throw an idea out there for the devs. The Ju52 being such an important plane in history, it would be amazing to have it in the game! Also, it could make for and interesting game/server mechanics tool. Paradroping, airfield capture or resupply, vip transport...and also an amazing aircraft to control overall :)

Wrong sim, bud...

I think the Ju 52 would be a cool addition to Cliffs even if it were only introduced as AI.

Uups.  Sorry.

I wasn't paying attention to the sub-forum when I posted that.

Apologies.

Hello Fellas

We would like to add a lot of aircraft... unfortunately it takes the same amount of time and effort to add the Ju-52 or C-47 as it does to add B-25 or Me-210.

Then there is the fact very few people would fly the aircraft if we added them.

We are interested in getting more people into bombers and twin engined types... we have introduced more realistic damage for bombers... they will be more difficult to shoot down.  And their gunners will be more accurate, (there were bugs in the original game which were impeding their effectiveness) so attacking formations of bombers with a single fighter will not be the cakewalk it was in the original game.

And we expect to introduce new bomber and twin engine types for TF 5.0... but as mentioned, we have to be realistic about where we put our limited time and energy.  So I do not think you will see a flyable Ju-52 or C-47.  (maybe AI)

Edited by Buzzsaw
  • Upvote 2

Sad:( But thank you for the honesty! There's nothing worse than build expectations for something and never get an answer. Hope everything goes as planed with the re-release of Cliffs of Dover for you guys! :D

Edited by 3./JG15_Hans

Well, if they focus on mediterranean then ju52 would be must have :P also really hope for it, glad they working on 2 engine planes, i fly 110 most of them time :)

like BoS shows, people do fly it in multi if it's well made. If it's mission like "fly to that AF, land and you willl get 10 more planes to spawn" then people don't really fly it, but if it's stalingrad pocket where you have to fly inside of it and land, you are attacked by aaa and enemy fighters then i see lot's of people flying it. Or mission where you have to fly to location and drop X paratroopers, love this mission in kuban where you had to drop them in mountains.

Pretty sure in africa and creta it would be popular. You guys could always make it premium plane :) would love to buy it 2nd time.

And even if it would not be so popular in multi, i bet lots of people would have lots of fun in single player, especially in carrier mode that i am counting on ;)

Edited by InProgress
  • Upvote 2