Jason_Williams

Major Announcement Friday November 17th at 12:00 GMT

New "pay to win" transaction model? Transvestite pilot models?

Muppet artwork for the side of your plane?

*New!* Cafeteria mode for VR?

Oleg has been hired as a new intern?

Rise of Flight, Il2 Cliffs of Dover and the entire Battle of... series to merge in new Unreal engine directX 14 version?

.... So many possibilities.

Well, I wouldn't like the thought of a RoF2 seeing as we have a perfectly good system that just needs to be upgraded as BoS has, DX 11, maybe some texturing, vr...

It would be cool if they got support from other developers.. maybe merging with a friendly fellow flight sim...

Wow, getting anxious :s

Does "please join us" mean it's some sort of live announcement? Like a stream?

No just join us here on the forum. I will do a live Teamspeak chat again on Saturday or Sunday to answer questions. I just don't know what time yet.

Jason

• Upvote 25

@ShamrockOneFive You will be on the teamspeak thing to make sure those wo can't attend can read all about on your (awesome) blog

Edited by schurem

Well I guess i'll have an eye on the Il-2 forums while working :biggrin:

Can't wait for some awesome news!

Gosh who knows what we might get...hopefully some more news about BoX next update and the famous contractor that was supposed to make a Po-2.

Probably something about Clod?

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
  • Upvote 1

I think this is positive and news we want to hear, the fact that Jason gonna have a TS convention, only confirm positive news. Looking forward to it

• Upvote 1

Space-Spitfires ... I know that kind! Dixon, is it you? Stealth space Spitty, hm?

if I was drinking milk it would have shot out my nose. Nice to see Dixon's reputation is still intact after all these years. :)

• Upvote 2

So exciting, I think a little bit of wee just came out.

Midway reveal.

And the announcement of the new licenced spin-off to the Il-2 series: Panzers Marsch!

• Upvote 1

Didn't the last DD mention a complete reworking of the winter maps to match the new view distance and such? Maybe we're going to the Aleutians after Midway.

Midway reveal.

And the announcement of the new licenced spin-off to the Il-2 series: Panzers Marsch!

I think all the posts mentioning* unintended discharge relates directly to the aging sim population more so than the excitement of any announcement. :P

*grammar correction.

Edited by Rjel
  • Upvote 3

Midway..........Call The Ball!!!!

awjmt.jpg

F4U at midway? If this is your first time on a wwii sim forum prepare for the rivet counter attack any moment.

Midway reveal.

I would buy a ground vehicle game with this engine especially if it had boats and trains and etc all drivable AND it integrated with the flight side of the game. It doesnt have to be perfect. The DCS ground vehicles version is a good example of how it can work without being too much of a strain on the development.

Speculation:

1. 1C discontinues IL2 series after BOK citing poor sales (please God no);

2. Pacific theatre is next up which follows:

- Battle of Guadalcanal

- Battle of Midway

- Battle of New Guinea

- Battle of Philippines

- Battle of Okinawa

3. We're not doing the Pacific (just yet) but will be leveraging off what we currently have in terms of Luftwaffe a/c and developing according to the following:

- Battle of North Africa/Med (incl Malta)

- Battle of Italy

- Battle of France (1943/1944) 

- Battle of Germany (1945)

THEN

- Battle of Guadalcanal, etc

Hey, dreams are free! :)

My guess is release date for BoK with a finalized list of features/fixes in the final release, plans for further updates and features post release of BoK, general road map to Midway with ideas as to what to do after, announcement of pre-orders open soon for the G-6 and La-5FN, open beta of the career mode imminent and discussion about the po-2 in development (and mmaaayyybbeee something like an Li-2 as well)

An Announcement Announcement!

My guess is Battle of Pacific is cancelled and Battle of the Moon is announced intruducing concept level "star wars" technology from declassifed Reagan documents from the 1980s.

With Billy Idol as the soundtrack.

Or that...that would be rad. Just do that, Jason.

It's probably just that he's getting married again?

Might as well just shoot himself then...................  same outcome......

:wacko:

Whatever it may be it's all good................... in two weeks...............................

Hoss

Edited by 1./JG54_Hoss

Might as well just shoot himself then...................  same outcome......

:wacko:

Whatever it may be it's all good................... in two weeks...............................

Hoss

Third time's the charm.  :lol:

Jason

• Upvote 6