Lagg3 trim

As much as I want to fly the  Lagg,I am finding the constant battle to push the nose down is just making it to difficult to fly and enjoy in the dogfighting role against a very superior F4..The lack of trim makes it even easier for the F4.

Now we have moved on to the ground attack "phase" of BOS,because of lack of trim,ground attack becomes even harder for me .

The Lagg3 is the underdog in BOS.Lack of trim makes it more of an underdog !...and that is going to make the Lagg un-appealing for a lot of flyers,especially new flyers.

The poor old Lagg has all the cards stacked against it already(as a fighter)!..Please fix the Trim devs !~S~

• Upvote 1

The trim has not been built yet for the type of trim that the Lagg has. It will come. These types of issues are all part of being part of an early access product. 

Jason

Thanks  for the reply Jason !~S~

I was tempted to throw my joystick across the room tonight after pounding the LaGG into the ground for the ninth or tenth time.  I find I am playing the game less and less, and enjoying it less and less.

This is an alpha. And because of this I play each iteration for about 30 minutes to check the progress because I don't want to get frustrated by all the (to be expected) non working features and bugs. Maybe this approach works for you, too?

Well lets say that an Alpha version of the sim is mainly a little windows that dev give you to be able to snick in and watch, test and give some feedback.  Looks very promising to me atm .. Hopefully the dev will listen to real pilots facts this time.. :-)  

You aren't supposed to be having fun and enjoying this at this point. You should like some of what you see, offer fixes for bugs - which are going to be the most common thing you encounter and not fun - and simply be assistance to make a better product at release while also paying less for the product than anyone else will for several years after the product is released.

I think some of you guys that purchased early and expected something fun jumped the gun, but when it was announcd we're getting an alpha and then get flusterd with what we have - then you really should just wait another 6 months if you can't use this period to contribute something useful to bug testing and assisting the developers, and us end users, to get a very finely polished product at release.

It boggles the mind when something polished and fun is expected over 7 months from the product's official release date.

• Upvote 2
Well, I'll talk about an important issue.

The fact of not being able adjusted the trim of Lagg being penalizing, because according joystick each flight and shooting phases are really difficult, because you have to systematically counter the movements of the plane tends to want mounted.

We asked to test in these conditions is not realistic  in the long term. So we know that the flight models are not finalized, but just make this the most pleasant thing.

Because some discouraged leaves aside BOS until the day it becomes available, flying on the Me109 really tell them anything.

Find bugs should not necessarily incompatible with this request.

Sorry for my english.

Edited by NN_Luso

I actually find flying the LaGG with no working trim not that hard with my CH fighterstick. For rocket attacks I just use the second tic mark on the gunsight as my aiming point and fire away. So far got a couple of trucks and a lot of near misses. If your hitting the ground in a strafing attack you are suffering from target fixation it's not from lack of trim IMHO.

Do I/we want working trim in the LaGG, SURE ! But this is an alpha release and in the end not that big a deal IMHO.

• Upvote 2

The 109 has its trim. Its called Adjustable Stabilizer in Controls. It's been available for a few Alpha cycles now.

Jason Williams explained that the way trim works in the Lagg-3 requires that the team create a new model, so trim can work as it was intended. Trim is the top of my wish list, for sure. We just have to hang in there with the Alpha, until the team can finish developing the new type of trim. Just think, one day we will be able to take having trim for granted.  :salute: MJ

Edited by =69.GIAP=MIKHA

...and the other reason that we've had stabilizer trim in the 109 since the beginning(?) of access is that it's already modeled for several planes in ROF. It's one of those features that carried over from old to new.

Well lets say that an Alpha version of the sim is mainly a little windows that dev give you to be able to snick in and watch, test and give some feedback.  Looks very promising to me atm .. Hopefully the dev will listen to real pilots facts this time.. :-)

GOZR,

Often your posts don't get replied to and die. I hope you know that some people do read them as I do and find the information valuable.

When I first flew RoF I felt for the first time that a developer had captured so much of the nuances of low performance flight that every sim before had missed. I feel that way again with the LaGG. I'm not saying that they got the modeling right because there is no way for me to know. But they seem to have gotten the aerodynamics right. The first thing I do in any new plane in a sim is spin it. It's where all sims fail because they can't make the math right. Not MSFS. Certainly not DCS. X-Plane sometimes. RoF does although the required recovery in some types is very odd--but maybe accurate for all I know. The LaGG doesn't feel scripted in any way. Stall onset, the wing drop, autorotation and the recovery all seem perfectly real. You can even accelerate the spin by adding slight recovery elevator thereby quickening the rotation much like a spinning figure skater tucking her arms in. Every other developer seems to give up when the airflow gets complicated. And those are the situations where 777 seems to shine most. Trim? They will add that soon enough. The plane is perfectly flyable in the meantime without it.