Sign in to follow this  
HunDread

Suggestion - Better zoom for VR

Rift and Vive are perfect in all aspects of flying the sim - navigating, viewing instruments, bombing, dogfighting, even spotting. The only piece missing is identification. It's considerably more difficult than on monitors.

I think better zooming capabilities would help or solve this. I mean 3x or 4x clear zoom where the targets really get 3 or 4 times closer. The ability to put this on a slider like it is now with the 2d zoom would be ideal. 

I have a feeling with the current 2x VR zoom that it brings the environment closer quite well, but not planes. Sometimes i feel the plane has the same size after zooming in.

• Upvote 13

I'd be down for x4 zoom in the style of "let me pull my binoculars out", i.e. there'll be a significant delay in activating this feature, 4-5 seconds, very shaky, etc..  Otherwise every person would use this feature for airplane spotting 24x7.

I just want it so I can see which targets to bomb on the ground as you know in VR it's all fuzzy even with x2.

4X zoom in VR is really a must, to overcome the greater ID difficulties in VR compared to a monitor

Nyap and I were just discussing this yesterday. Put me in the list asking for zoom in vr to be the same as non vr zoom.

To do this bit of fine-tuning of VR would be amazing!

It would solve the biggest current issue in VR we have. I just spend 99 USD. Please?  :ph34r:

I´m new to playing the game in VR but this is also the one thing I identified as being a problem (once I learned to aim).

We need this to play multiplayer on an even footing and to enjoy single player without the visual hints from the hud.

A spyglass is pretty era authentic tech, so it should be easy enough to justify like mentioned above.

• Upvote 1

+1 for this please. Il2 is the benchmark in flight sim VR implementation, and having some additional zoom to aid with aircraft ID would be the last piece in a polished product.  

I bought this purely on the feedback from VR users and have not been disappointed. Great job.

Edited by Kaiza

The zoom tool is great but would be awesome if the extra zoom was native to the game. 

+1

On 3/7/2018 at 9:36 PM, SCG_Wulfe said:

The zoom tool is great but would be awesome if the extra zoom was native to the game. 

+1

This

Bit of a thread necro, apologies for that, but although the 3DMigoto mod is excellent it has quite an FPS impact, at least for me on a GTX 1070. I would very much like an official increase/slider for VR zoom so I can get both the best in-game FPS as well as improved identification capability. 

Great game, I love the VR, keep up the good work.

• Like 2