Suggestion - Better zoom for VR

Rift and Vive are perfect in all aspects of flying the sim - navigating, viewing instruments, bombing, dogfighting, even spotting. The only piece missing is identification. It's considerably more difficult than on monitors.

I think better zooming capabilities would help or solve this. I mean 3x or 4x clear zoom where the targets really get 3 or 4 times closer. The ability to put this on a slider like it is now with the 2d zoom would be ideal. 

I have a feeling with the current 2x VR zoom that it brings the environment closer quite well, but not planes. Sometimes i feel the plane has the same size after zooming in.

• Upvote 13

I'd be down for x4 zoom in the style of "let me pull my binoculars out", i.e. there'll be a significant delay in activating this feature, 4-5 seconds, very shaky, etc..  Otherwise every person would use this feature for airplane spotting 24x7.

I just want it so I can see which targets to bomb on the ground as you know in VR it's all fuzzy even with x2.

• 3 weeks later...

I´m new to playing the game in VR but this is also the one thing I identified as being a problem (once I learned to aim).

We need this to play multiplayer on an even footing and to enjoy single player without the visual hints from the hud.

A spyglass is pretty era authentic tech, so it should be easy enough to justify like mentioned above.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

+1 for this please. Il2 is the benchmark in flight sim VR implementation, and having some additional zoom to aid with aircraft ID would be the last piece in a polished product.  

I bought this purely on the feedback from VR users and have not been disappointed. Great job.

Edited by Kaiza
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bit of a thread necro, apologies for that, but although the 3DMigoto mod is excellent it has quite an FPS impact, at least for me on a GTX 1070. I would very much like an official increase/slider for VR zoom so I can get both the best in-game FPS as well as improved identification capability. 

Great game, I love the VR, keep up the good work.

• Like 2