taffy2jeffmorgan

Virtual Reality headsets ?

Hi All, With Christmas on the way, what choice of VR is there, and what sort of price range would i be looking at ?   I would imagine that there cheap and expensive headsets, so what would be recommended.

Cheers. :salute:

The Rift or Vive compete for the top spot at the moment, both have pluses and minuses but it's more a question of personnel choice over any perceived real advantage.

I went with the Rift, for several not particularly important reasons, but I did and do like the included headphones, they may not seem important but when having one more thing to sort out and put on it does make a difference. That said, you can now get integrated audio for Vive but it's an add on extra.

Price not withstanding, personally if I was in the market for a VR HMD at the moment I would be very tempted to wait another six months or so. If there's a limiting factor for current gen headsets it's resolution, it's not bad but then again it's not ideal either. It might be another year before the next gen of headsets appear but then, come CES, who knows, they might be closer than we think and other makers are starting to appear and challenge.

It might be interesting just to keep an eye on the PMAX 8k, I wouldn't pre-order but make a decision once the reviews are in. Don't just go on resolution alone and think you can fudge the other bits though. To be good, VR has to work seamlessly across the whole package, not just one small part of it.

Edited by HagarTheHorrible
  • Upvote 2

I own the Rift (which got a price drop to 399 just recently) and I absolutely love it. Best device I've ever bought for flight sims apart from a joystick of course. 

For me it's a "never going back" device. I think both the Vive and the Rift are very good, I've heard here and there that the Rift is a bit sharper and more comfortable to wear but either way, you can't go wrong with a VR headset right now.

And unless others I don't think that new devices are "just around the corner" - Oculus for example didn't announce anything new in its recent dev days, apart from a Rift with no cables. So I don't think that before 2019 there will be a siginficant change in the devices. Go and get one, every day without a VR device is a day wasted ;-)

• Upvote 1

I would highly recommend Rift as well.

As others mentioned with the recent price drop to 399 USD you get a complete package with the headset, two sensors, and Touch controllers.

​You won't need the Touch controllers for flight sim, but they are awesome to use in some Touch supported games - some good ones come free from Oculus once they are activated.

​I have had mine since Jan 15th and it has been solid for me, and I use it just about every day.

Be aware though it takes a good amount of resources to get a good experience with the Rift, or any VR device for that matter - not sure what your system specs are.

You can run the Oculus system compatibility checker here:

https://support.oculus.com/1357437467617798/

Hold off till the 1st quarter next year and we'll let you know how the Pimax 8K is.

Res isn't everything but it helps as does FOV.  No need to do a Linda Blair with your neck when checking your six.  Tracking better than the Pimax 4K and there is no ghosting with the new panels, so we hear.

• Upvote 1

I've been really happy with my rift, especially with IL2. Very much looking forward to a CV2 though, but I think that's still some way off.

Rift is awesome. Transformative. Like going from hat to trackIR but times 10. I refuse to fly without, even if it has the resolution we used to play at in the 90s.

Some flying things become much easier in VR, things that take instinctive understanding of spatial relations. Gunnery, landing, formation flying. Other things become harder such as spotting distant things, small things in the pit, etc. most definately worth it imo.

I wld go with rift or vive.

Dont fall into pimax, a cheap VR imitation.

Its s equivalent to Nicrosoft Bindows.

I think either Rift or Vive will be awesome. I have a Vive. But if you're only playing simulations, a Rift will be more than satisfactory. IL-2 and VR is a marriage made in heaven. I've never played IL-2 without VR. Would be unthinkable. I have pre-ordered the Pimax 8k, which is literally just taking a punt on the next generation of VR. It may or may not happen.

I have a Vive. Its a great device. No issues at all so far after 6 months of ownership.

Rift and Vive are after their prime. I would just wait a few weeks more and check out the new offerings.

People are forgetting about the windows mixed reality headsets. The Samsung odissey is potentially a strong contender I would say. Not available in EU, sadly.

• Upvote 2

If you want to experience VR, buy a Vive.

If you want to use it solely for sims, from all the research I have done, I would say get a Rift or wait.

I own a Vive and it's fantastic for room-scale, millimeter precise tracking... when you're holding a katana or lightsaber, pulling back a bowstring or shouldering an assault rifle, you are immersed and it's a superb workout.  The platform is geared, from inception, as a holo-deck experience.

I've never used a Rift, but in watching many who stream, and reading reviews/reports, it seems that for a seated experience it's fine, whereas the Vive (to me, again, the only one I have experience with) is quite cumbersome when you're not standing and moving around (where it almost seems to disappear).

There are some IL-2 BoX pilots that swear by VR, and even fly multiplayer with it proficiently (the true test, imho), but if you are 100% sims, 100% of the time, I would invest in TrackIR before a VR headset (if you don't already have TIR, obviously).

Another thing to keep in mind is motion sickness... I can roll locomotion all day without getting sick (many people cannot), but when flying in VR, if I get frame stutter, it's brutal.  Make sure your rig can handle it!

• Upvote 2

If you want to experience VR, buy a Vive. If you want to use it solely for sims, from all the research I have done, I would say get a Rift or wait.

I would second that statement as well. Also a Vive owner, if you are at all interested in roomscale VR titles like Onward https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGxNbqVE3wY for example, the Vive's tracking is exceptional. If you are after a seated only experience, then the Rift might be the better value proposition.

Ive flown in VR 100% since IL2 added support following DX11 (around 200 hours in IL2 in the Vive) and I do fine identifying targets** and fighting. Probably only 3x FF incidents that I can recall due to mis identification, but two of those were Macchis and they don't count ;)

My only reservation would be the concern that something new was just around the corner. Ive had my headset for 20 months now and its been the best purchase Ive made in a long time. The number of hours I've used this kit has made the original purchase price well worth it.

Never going back to flatscreen for IL2. If my Vive breaks, I'm shelving this game till its fixed/replaced.

** I run supersampling at 2.3 to help with identification.

Rift here, as others have said, once you experience VR there is no going back, it's mindblowing. Just a word of warning though, make sure your rig is up to it! The minimum spec GP card Oculus and HTC specify are nowhere near good enough for flight sims, a GTX 1080 or 1080i and you'll be happy. It's all down to personal opinion but I've tried triple monitors with Track IR and it doesn't come close to VR. 

i was in the same situation and decided to wait for next gen VR, also PC specs are great factor and i didn't want to risk with my gtx1070 to have poor performance so i stick with 2k monitor and trackir5, i'll rather wait year or so and upgrade to best next gen GPU and VR !

The Rift now does at least moderate size room scale quite good. I have had no tracking issues in my play area when playing other games, my area is probably around 11 ft x 14 ft, and I have two sensors. They also officially support a 3 sensor set up now.

But yes for a large room scale, the Vive does have an advantage. The Rift has a price advantage along with exceptional controllers ( Touch ) which are awesome. Rift has slightly less SDE ( screen door effect ), at least from what I understand.

I shudder to think how many hours I now have in combat flight sims since I got my Rift in Jan. Track IR is officially retired and put away. And I have no games installed any longer that do not have VR support.

I don't know about some of these new devices coming, but the Rift works, and works beautifully. It is solid as a rock for me, works great every time I put the headset on - and that is pretty much daily now.

I guess most  see things differently when viewing BoS in VR, as it is very subjective. Myself I think it is stunning and gorgeous. And the immersion I get when flying it with my Rift is unbelievable.

I will be quite content with my Rift for at least 2018, whilst I wait and see how things develop over the next year.

The Windows MR headsets, like the new Samsung Odyssey, may give a little better resolution and less fuss to hook up and run. I do not believe they will be equal in positional tracking to the Rift or Vive, will be interesting to watch. Whilst the majority of my time is with flight sims, seated games are not all that I do. 

And the forthcoming Pimax 8k, well I have my doubts on that one and I have not been real impressed with those guys to date - but that is just me.

I think 2018 will be very interesting in the VR world, and I will be certainly be keeping an eye on the progress, while I continue to have an absolute blast with my Rift. 

Rift here, as others have said, once you experience VR there is no going back, it's mindblowing. Just a word of warning though, make sure your rig is up to it! The minimum spec GP card Oculus and HTC specify are nowhere near good enough for flight sims, a GTX 1080 or 1080i and you'll be happy. It's all down to personal opinion but I've tried triple monitors with Track IR and it doesn't come close to VR.

That is true. But my rift is finicky. Cuts out from time to time and identifying. Its sweet spot for clear picture is too small. Too many godrays that are constantly present. After a while all the little thing add up and strain my eyes. Track ir don't do that. But I believe the pimax 8k will be what I end up with in 6 months.

That is true. But my rift is finicky. Cuts out from time to time and identifying. Its sweet spot for clear picture is too small. Too many godrays that are constantly present. After a while all the little thing add up and strain my eyes. Track ir don't do that. But I believe the pimax 8k will be what I end up with in 6 months.

I get you on the other points, but your unit should not be cutting out from time to time, in fact should not ever be cutting out.

Did you contact Oculus support on that? 

I get you on the other points, but your unit should not be cutting out from time to time, in fact should not ever be cutting out.

Not yet, still testing. I'm just trying to pinpoint it before spending hours on the phone with tech support.

Not yet, still testing. I'm just trying to pinpoint it before spending hours on the phone with tech support.

Fortunately - or unfortunately depending on how you look at it, Oculus does not have phone support, only via contacting support on their website and emails I guess.

I have however seen several over on their forums get good response once they start a support ticket.

I downloaded the Oculus computer checking software, and it says my USB controller/ports are not compatible.  Everything else is fine.  What would I do about that?!?!

I've got an older i5 2500k o/c at 4.3 and a GTX 970 and 16gb memory.  Is that really good enough?

I downloaded the Oculus computer checking software, and it says my USB controller/ports are not compatible.  Everything else is fine.  What would I do about that?!?!

I've got an older i5 2500k o/c at 4.3 and a GTX 970 and 16gb memory.  Is that really good enough?

My AS Media USB 3.0 ports did not pass either, Oculus does recommend the Innatek USB 3.0 powered card.

I got this one when I got my Rift, and it has been working well for me.

https://www.inateck.com/pci-express-cards-hubs/pci-e-to-usb-3-0-express-cards/usb-3-0-pci-express-card-works-with-extra-power-cable/inateck-ktu3fr-5o2u-usb-3-0-pci-express-card.html

They also have a 4 port card, which would be a little cheaper as well.

Yes your system will run it, although a 1070 or 1080 vid card would certainly help give better performance.

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1

As things stand right now:

Oculus Rift: $400 with everything you need and even a few games. This is by far the most refined option. Basically everything you can play with the other headsets can be played on the Rift but the reverse is not true without emulation software (revive). Additionally, it has the best touch controllers by far and is more comfortable than the Vive out of the box. The controller situation may change in the future, but right now I don't think that's being questioned. It also has a decent pair of headphones and a mic built into the unit. The primary disadvantage is the 1200x1080 per eye resolution at 110 degrees FoV. There is a noticeable screen door effect against solid backgrounds (e.g. the bright sky) but I quickly got used to it and it isn't nearly as bad as many claim imho.

HTC Vive: $600 with everything included. Has generally good support and can play Rift exclusives with Revive. Has nearly identical technical specs compared to the Rift but slightly worse screen door effect. It is known to be less comfortable but there are a greater variety of accessories for it, including a premium strap which brings it on par with the Rift for comfort from what I've heard. I do not recommend it at this time due to the price. At this point, it should be $300, not $600.

Samsung Odyssey: $500 with everything included. It's basically a better Vive. It has the same FoV as the Rift and Vive but runs at 1440x1600 per eye. By all accounts comfort is also excellent, I've never actually seen one but it seems like a really well made headset. Of course, Samsung is known for quality, so that shouldn't be any surprise. Like the Rift, it has good quality mic and headphones included.

Pimax 4k: $???, don't bother, it's garbage. Does not have proper head tracking, does not have touch controllers. On the bright side, it does have less SDE than the Rift and Vive, can't compare to the Odyssey.

Dell/Asus... Windows MR: $400, basically a cheap Vive knockoff. Not recommended as the Rift is better in every way at the same price point.

Pimax 5k/8k: Consumer model does not exist yet. Early looks at it have a consistent theme, "needs a lot of work." That doesn't mean it won't be great, but there is always something better around the corner. Wait for that to be released and then the question is why not wait for the Rift CV2 or some other device. It's an endless cycle.

As for overall thoughts, I bought the Rift during the summer sale for $400 and have been very happy with it. It's comfortable to wear for hours on end, the touch controllers are near perfect and tracking has been absolutely flawless with the 2 included sensors. Going from 1440p to the Rift, there is very clearly a drop in resolution but at the same time, there is no going back to a monitor + TIR5. I don't have any more problem spotting and tracking in VR than I did on the monitor, in fact, if anything, it's easier. But I do have a slightly harder time telling friend form foe. The games included with the Rift largely don't interest me but Robo Recall is awesome. I don't care if you don't enjoy FPS's and have no interest in such games, it's definately worth a look. There is also Lucky's Tale for the wife/kids to toy with. It's a blatant Sonic ripoff, but well executed.

If I did not already have the Rift and were looking to buy, it would be between the Oculus Rift and the Samsung Odyssey. The Rift is cheaper, has better compatibility and includes some games while the Odyssey has better resolution. It's a tough call imho.

Edited by BeastyBaiter
  • Upvote 2

I would be a little wary of the Pimax8K. This product has lofty claims that make me very critical. I welcome the competition to the market as things like this will likely motivate companies like Oculus to reduce their development cycle so they come to market faster. That said I think Pimax is a product you will want to be thoroughly reviewed prior to investing in it. Here is a good video from a trusted tech "geek" talking about the preview build he was able to test.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne0cmvl8GqM

von Luck

Edited by von-Luck

Beasty Baiter echoes my sentiments perfectly.

I have owned and used the rift since May, and bought the Samsung the moment it was released. The Samsung is comfortable and well built. The resolution is noticably better and I am very excited for next Wednesday (I can hopefully play il2 when the driver is released then).

If you want first class hand tracking over higher resolution, buy the Rift for $399. Otherwise, I will let you know how il2plays in 5 days.

Beasty Baiter echoes my sentiments perfectly.

I have owned and used the rift since May, and bought the Samsung the moment it was released. The Samsung is comfortable and well built. The resolution is noticably better and I am very excited for next Wednesday (I can hopefully play il2 when the driver is released then).

If you want first class hand tracking over higher resolution, buy the Rift for $399. Otherwise, I will let you know how il2plays in 5 days.

I look forward to your impressions of the Samsung unit with this sim.

I'm on my third Rift now, and if that breaks again, I'll be getting my money back fully, which is roughly double of the actual price right now. Thank you German laws, without them I would probably have had to write the Rift off already. I then get something of actual quality, that deserves the pricetag of $850. I have had a dead screen, tilted views, cutting out pictures of brand new RMA units. The Rift is a quality nightmare made in China. I tested Vive, and while it seems of better built quality and has much better tracking, the controllers feel silly, and the screens are not as good. The Rift does have the better picture and better controllers.

But whatever the issues are with this or that, the concept of VR is unbeatable. I couldn't fly anymore without it.

Waiting for new versions that will work with IL-2. Just one thing, I will not blindly buy Oculus anymore. The hell on earth I experienced with CV1 regarding the reliability issues had a lasting effect. But going without VR? Never ever.

Edited by 2./JG51_Fenris_Wolf

Thank you everyone for that very helpful information, as always a very intelligent response to a question.

Cheers  :salute:

I love the dissing of PIMAX because it is Chineese yet most electronics are now made in China.  My experience in the smart phone field has Huawei streets ahead of Samsung for mobile phones.  If you have an iPhone, look where it is made, hint it ain't the USA.

The latest review was a well delayed review of the 8K but the 2nd prototype of which valid concerns were raised but of which quite a few of them have been addressed in the subsequent prototype.  There is still some prototypes to go before release so lets not kick the PIMAX people to the curb yet and at least they might inspire the others to get off their asses and release next gen HMD's.

The communication has been quite decent from PIMAX to the community and they are trying to keep the system open and modular.  I know that might be distasteful to some here in this forum but I wholly support it hence I have put my cash behind them.

I would hope that by the time Midway is released by 1C they would have migrated the engine to Vulcan or DX12 to utilise more CPU capabilities we have which seems to hold the sim back more so than GPU tech.  This would be a further benefit for the VR crowd not to mention more action on the ground for Multiplayers and Campaigners.  Would hope the engine upgrade applies to the current series as well as Midway too )

I love the dissing of PIMAX because it is Chineese yet most electronics are now made in China.  My experience in the smart phone field has Huawei streets ahead of Samsung for mobile phones.  If you have an iPhone, look where it is made, hint it ain't the USA.

Whilst there may be speculation by some over what Pimax will be able to actually deliver, I have not seen any evidence especially in this thread of anyone dissing Pimax because they are based in China...

I don't think anyone is dissing the PMAX.

There is more to a good VR experience than simply a high resolution.  It would be nice to think that the 8K will fill in the gaps that the 4K didn't address if for no other reason than to put added pressure on other developers to up their game.  If I have a concern it would be, the hardware required to run 8K and also technical support, RMA's.  I await the reviews of the consumer edition with interest.

It's why I suggested, in my first post, that Taffy hang slack for a little longer, let's face it, he's already managed to hold off for the best part of 2 years, why rush now ?

The latest review was a well delayed review of the 8K but the 2nd prototype of which valid concerns were raised but of which quite a few of them have been addressed in the subsequent prototype.  There is still some prototypes to go before release so lets not kick the PIMAX people to the curb yet and at least they might inspire the others to get off their asses and release next gen HMD's.

The communication has been quite decent from PIMAX to the community and they are trying to keep the system open and modular.  I know that might be distasteful to some here in this forum but I wholly support it hence I have put my cash behind them.

I would hope that by the time Midway is released by 1C they would have migrated the engine to Vulcan or DX12 to utilise more CPU capabilities we have which seems to hold the sim back more so than GPU tech.  This would be a further benefit for the VR crowd not to mention more action on the ground for Multiplayers and Campaigners.  Would hope the engine upgrade applies to the current series as well as Midway too )

Nobody is dissing production because it is made in China. China itself is a wonderful place, with some of the most polite people on the planet, amazing food and rich culture. I was the one who doubted Pimax' engineering team's abilities because they lack certain premises, because I haven't seen a single one of them without glasses, and over 90% of the Chinese population are short sighted - in comparison to Caucasians, or especially to Africans, who have even better eye sight. Go look the team up if you don't readily believe it. It's just genetics flanking in here. 20/20 vision without glasses is a prerequisite for proper full depth perception, this is a scientifically tested fact, and thus it is a prerequisite for feedback and improvement of prototypes to a final product. If you blot that out, because of hurt feelings and thoughtfulness, you create a bad product. On a personal note, if you are even medium-level short-sighted, you'd remember playing basketball and catching things in school sports was effing (edit) hard, something which a few other kids were easily capable off. I just hope the Pimax' guys are able to deliver - I will be their customer, after enough positive reviews are given.

On another note: You do know why most electronics are made in China, right? Cheap labour isn't the reason, you get that in Eastern Europe and even parts of the US as well.

Do you know about rare earth elements necessary for production, their minable location in China, the Chinese gov' block of allowing an open market on these ressources (virtually no export of them), the conflict of USA vs China at the WTO (Obama vs China), with the ruling of WTO deciding in the USA's favor? Even now they are trying to cheat their way out of it, by reasoning such as "reduced mining to protect the environment" et cetera, when their ressource input in prod doesn't match observed mining quotas, and by not handing out export licenses! Donald Trump is right to protect US' industries, the dishonest Chinese gov has been protectionist for decades, even finding loopholes in WTO rulings.

Do you believe these things were only made in China because of skill?  :acute: You literally must have your electronics production in China (or its few surrounding countries China allows exports to, with starkly rising costs) to produce at all. Hope I could shed some light on this  :cool:

Edited by 2./JG51_Fenris_Wolf

There seems to be a lot of strong brand loyalty among the VR adopters. Just look at the animosity between some of the Rift vs Vive adopters. Same thing among some console players, or console vs PC... That's just how human beings are.

over 90% of the Chinese population are short sighted

It's something that Pimax is aware of. The 4k wasn't adaptable enough to accommodate every non-Chinese user, there were issues with focal distance, IPD, face plate... Hence why you get reviews that range from "worst crap ever" to "best HMD, shame it doesn't have positional tracking", I suspect. Judging by the early reviews, I'm hopeful they will fix those issues.

On a personal note, if you are even medium-level short-sighted, you'd remember playing basketball and catching things in school sports was effing (edit) hard, something which a few other kids were easily capable off

I'm short-sighted and astigmatic. No problem with playing a variety of ball and racket sports. No idea what you are talking about. Depth perception in the Rift doesn't change for me between using or not using corrective lenses. Only difference is clarity and headache when not using correction. I play racket sports (and not just table tennis) with Chinese friends who both wear glasses or contact lenses, they do just fine too.

Thank you everyone for that very helpful information, as always a very intelligent response to a question.  

Please, let us know what you will do and remember to get into the VR club here:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/27278-about-vr-and-vr-devices-used/

My advice: If has to be a gift for Chirstmas then wait for the Samsung Odyssey review on IL-2. If not, wait just 3-4 months and decide.

I downloaded the Oculus computer checking software, and it says my USB controller/ports are not compatible.  Everything else is fine.  What would I do about that?!?!   I've got an older i5 2500k o/c at 4.3 and a GTX 970 and 16gb memory.  Is that really good enough?

Normally it is required USB 3.0 for the HMD usb connection, but the sensors works also with USB 2.0.

Regarding your CPU and GPU you are near the the red line in both.

It will be quite OK for most of Oculus games, but most likely not for IL-2 if you want 90 fps. There are some threads in this forum talking about the 2500K.

• Upvote 1

Wow what a stellar display of insecurity complex.

Noone here connected pimax garbage quality to that of chinese.

Pimax is just a garbage and so is wongway phones or whatever they are called.

Understand that the "International Institutions" like the WTO, UN, World Bank, IMF etc were set up by the USA after WW2 as the main power to emerge from that conflict in good shape.

Most decisions by said institutions favour the US and the G7 as a result as the G7 are basically under the thumb of the US.  As for issues with tech stealing, so called trade dishonesty and so on perpetrated by China against the US, well, Washington and Wall Street in the name of the Dollar reap what they sow.

As for ball sports in China, short shortsightedness etc, well, I see that there are no problems with the Chinese playing Basket Ball on the international stage or Soccer.  They also do well in Archery and other eye co-ordinated sports.  As for glasses, well the Finns seem to have a high instance of not great 20/20 sight yet it didn't seem to be an issue for their pilots or snipers during the Winter and Continuation Wars.

It was also the Chinese Reservists that pushed the UN forces (US) back to the 38th Parallel.  Not bad for people who supposedly can't see over distance.  Stereo typing does no one favours.

I am also sure that PIMAX are also taking into account non Chinese audience for their products.  There seems to be many showings of their prototypes in Europe and North America and I am sure they will be listening to feedback from those sessions.

Am I anticipating what they can do, yes.  Why, because I see the other players happy to sit on their asses and milk the public with the current gen which I see as not good enough for a reasonable VR experience.

Do you believe these things were only made in China because of skill?  :acute: You literally must have your electronics production in China (or its few surrounding countries China allows exports to, with starkly rising costs) to produce at all. Hope I could shed some light on this  :cool:

Pot, meet Kettle ROFL

Wow what a stellar display of insecurity complex.

Noone here connected pimax garbage quality to that of chinese.
Pimax is just a garbage and so is wongway phones or whatever they are called.

Understand that the "International Institutions" like the WTO, UN, World Bank, IMF etc were set up by the USA after WW2 as the main power to emerge from that conflict in good shape.

Most decisions by said institutions favour the US and the G7 as a result as the G7 are basically under the thumb of the US.  As for issues with tech stealing, so called trade dishonesty and so on perpetrated by China against the US, well, Washington and Wall Street in the name of the Dollar reap what they sow.

As for ball sports in China, short shortsightedness etc, well, I see that there are no problems with the Chinese playing Basket Ball on the international stage or Soccer.  They also do well in Archery and other eye co-ordinated sports.  As for glasses, well the Finns seem to have a high instance of not great 20/20 sight yet it didn't seem to be an issue for their pilots or snipers during the Winter and Continuation Wars.

It was also the Chinese Reservists that pushed the UN forces (US) back to the 38th Parallel.  Not bad for people who supposedly can't see over distance.  Stereo typing does no one favours.

I am also sure that PIMAX are also taking into account non Chinese audience for their products.  There seems to be many showings of their prototypes in Europe and North America and I am sure they will be listening to feedback from those sessions.

Am I anticipating what they can do, yes.  Why, because I see the other players happy to sit on their asses and milk the public with the current gen which I see as not good enough for a reasonable VR experience.

Pot, meet Kettle ROFL

Could you possibly be more erratic in your post?  I get that your anti-American envy wants you to interject random thoughts into a VR discussion, but honestly, comparing PIMAX development to the Chinese offensive of 1950 vs some random German's (Wolf) racial profiling of Chinese developers is ridiculous.  Can you try and stay on topic?  It's almost like you stated random facts to look smart, though they have nothing to do with the notion of a second tier developer claiming to make the best VR device... which is what this thread is about.

The last time I checked, Samsung was Asian also.  I don't see anyone asserting the same negative claims against them.  I would save your rhetoric for the next EU gang-bang when they want to talk about how great Europe is.