PatrickAWlson

PWCG 6.3.0 Released - BP is on the Rhine Map!

Finally got to fly with this version of PWCG and I must say it just keeps gettin better! I like the new weapons config and the staggered lineup on the runway. All the menu issues I was having are gone. Thanks for all the time you invest in this Pat. I would play a lot less of the game without it.

PWCG 3.2.0

Add smoke near front line.  Sometimes (heavy) in proximity of activity.  Other times (light) ambient. (BoS)

Add damage to structures close to the front

Replace static artillery at airfield with static trucks(BoS)

Add ambient skirmishes(BoS)

Add ambient truck convoys(BoS)

Improved takeoff alignment by introducing different spacing for small, medium and large planes

Fixed Stukas do not dive bomb (BoS)

Fixed Map scrolling through click and drag broken on briefing map

Fixed takeoff positioning error for RoF

Fixed Invalid payload for plane: 6 No 8 Naval Squadron circa November 1916 (RoF)

Fixed incorrect ranks for French Navy (RoF)

• Upvote 6

Thank you very much for the update, Pat! :-)

How exactly works the Payload-system in ROF. Is the any difference in the installation compared to il2BOS? Right now i can only select "Standart Payload" and under "modifications" i can't choose something at all. BOS works fine.

many greetings from Sweden

micha

Huh...  :huh:

I cant download the new release from the website, is the server down or am I doing something wrong ?  :(

Payloads for RoF are much more limited because so many are for pay mods.  Many planes will have few to no available payloads.  The payload variations mostly happen in bomb loads.

Per the download link: fixed it.

Pat, I still cant download the new release. I can download the music though...

-edit-

If its of any help, when I click the "Download PWCG" button it goes to a page showing only a "0".

Edited by 3./JG15_Staiger

If its of any help, when I click the "Download PWCG" button it goes to a page showing only a "0".

The same here.

Link is fixed.  If you keep getting the same error flush your browser cache.

It is still taking me to the screen with the zero. I have gotten the download, but I had to go to the parent directory of your main Site address manually.

S!Blade<><

:huh: oups same here, I can't download 3.2 even by flushing my browser cache...

I also get the same 0 when I click on the link

Edited by Pict

There is some sort of caching issue happening.  I overwrote one of the PHP files which was causing the error.  I replaced the bad version with a corrected one and the site is working.  Just did two downloads.  I am using Chrome.

So - how to clear whatever your browser has cached and get the proper version of the web site.

Suggestion:

1. if you have more than one browser available use a different one.

2. Clear cache again

- For chrome from the internet:  empty your cache and make sure the time is set to everything (Ctrl+Shift+Del)

3. Clear cookies

4. Use this link

- It is identical to the PWCG link - I just uploaded the two PHP download files with a "2" at the end.  Your browser should see it as an entirely different link.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Upvote 1

4. Use this link

- It is identical to the PWCG link - I just uploaded the two PHP download files with a "2" at the end.  Your browser should see it as an entirely different link.

Ok that one worked, thanks!

I have problem to start any mission. After creating new mission and loading in game, returns to the menu...

Edited by Synchrocyklotron

I have problem to start any mission. After creating new mission and loading in game, returns to the menu...

That is the symptom of an invalid mission.  Can you either post the mission and eng file or tell me which squadron and date?

That is the symptom of an invalid mission.  Can you either post the mission and eng file or tell me which squadron and date?

Sure.

I creating new fighter campaign.

Print screen is attached and eng file:

0:Ludwig Herflig 1941-10-01 INTERCEPT

1:<br>III./JG3 stationed at Temkino<br> 1.10.1941<br>Primary Objective Intercept enemy aircraft near Kozlakova.

2:Brought to you by PWCGCampaign

Edit:

when I do a clean installation is the same and exit to menu in end of loading mission.

post-117367-0-56039100-1515441504_thumb.jpg

Edited by Synchrocyklotron

First, thanks Pat for this marvelous creation. Can't fly BoS without it!

Problem: I'm also having the same problem as Synchrocyklotron. I just updated PWCG 3.1 with 3.2. Anytime I load a mission ingame, the game defaults back to the main menu. No error messages. I then deleted the PWCGCampaign folder and reverted back to 3.1 via a backup, created a new mission and flew that without a hitch.

Mission Parameters:

Assigned Personnel:
             Kap Vladimir Astakhov
             Lt Ilya Listunov
             Lt Stanislav Lebedev
             Lt Vitaly Zorin
             Lt Vladislav Polyakov
             Szt Roma Fyodor

Mission:
Aircraft  P-40E-1
Squadron  126 IAP 268 IAD
Airbase  Pitomnik
Date  1942-08-10

Weather Report
    Mostly clear, some high altitude clouds.
    Cloud layer is 5484 meters.
    Wind speed is 0 M/S.
    Wind direction is 115.

Primary Objective
    Patrol airspace  near Pan sino.  Engage any enemy aircraft that you encounter.

Attached is a zip file (mission.zip) containing the mission and eng file.

P.S. I've also tried a clean install and created a new campaign. For some strange reason the result is the same.

Mission.zip

Hello ,
I have the problem, every time I run a mission created with 3.2 I return to the main menu at launch.

I have to go back to version 3.1

4. Use this link

That link worked!~Thanks Pat!  :salute:

Alright all of you $%#@*@ foreign types ... GET WITH THE PROGRAM!  The correct way to separate a whole number from the fraction is WITH A DECIMAL!!!!!

Just kidding ... sort of.  The problem seems to be a difference in the way Java interprets a request to format a float with a leading zero.  For me (American) it returns "0.6", which works great.  In the file Marco sent (thanks for posting because there is no way I could ever have recreated the problem) the formatting turns out to be "0,6", - comma instead of period - which upsets the game.

I will have a fix out tomorrow.  For anybody that is absolutely desperate to run a mission today then

Open the .mission file in notepad++

replace

= 0,6;

with

= 0.6;

I have verified that this corrects the sample mission file that Marco posted.

If you are not experiencing the problem then don't worry, you won't.  It's a variation in Java from country to country.  If it doesn't happen every time it will happen none of the time.

No problem with 3.2.0 on my end Pat.

Just flew a mission in my new Spit campaign over Kuban, was nice seeing some parked Spits and vehicles around the runway. Did not look quite as deserted, nice touch.

Alright all of you $%#@*@ foreign types ... GET WITH THE PROGRAM!  The correct way to separate a whole number from the fraction is WITH A DECIMAL!!!!!

Just kidding ... sort of.  The problem seems to be a difference in the way Java interprets a request to format a float with a leading zero.  For me (American) it returns "0.6", which works great.  In the file Marco sent (thanks for posting because there is no way I could ever have recreated the problem) the formatting turns out to be "0,6", - comma instead of period - which upsets the game...

Hi Pat

Thanks for looking into the issue so quickly. Just to give your suggestion a shot, I went into a mission file (created by 3.2) with Notepad++, and attempted to replace any numbers containing a "," with a ".".

Amazingly I found none EXCEPT where a TARGETS value contained more than one index number. These, of course, were seperated with a comma.

So I downloaded Marco's mission and searched for numbers with a comma. Again, none found.

Maybe I have Notepad++ gremlins replacing those as soon as I open the file :wacko: but I can't find any numbers where the fraction is separated from the whole by a comma. I'm trying to understand the problem and not question your fix so please don't understand it as such.

One thing I did notice. When in game, any mission created by 3.2 is listed as "GROUND_ATTACK" in the missions menu regardless of whether it's a cap, intercept or an actual ground attack mission.

Regards and thanks

Grom

P.S. I've also attached a mission and eng file in post 225 above.

Edited by No.64_Gromic

The issue is in the Damaged section of blocks.  In PWCG 3.2.0 I introduced damaged buildings close to the front.  I use Java String.format to format the output.  Apparently String.format uses localizations.

Damaged

{

0 = 0.6;

1 = 0.6;

etc.

}

In Marco's file that section has 0,6 instead of 0.6.

Oh bloody hell.

Yes, I'm a dolt.

I've found the entries. Seems I need to search and replace whole words in Notepad++.

Thanks Pat (and sorry for the bother).

Hey Pat,

Just a suggestion.

It would be nice ( at least for me ), for the Combat Report link to be grayed out ( like Lone Wolf Mission is early on ), when no combat report is due.

I sometimes can get confused on whether I have submitted a combat report or not on my last mission flown, this way I would know whether I have one due to fill out before the next mission or not.  So if Combat Report is due prior to next mission , text is white. If not , text is grayed out.

Thanks for any consideration!

I used to do that but eliminated it because PWCG sometimes got confused and locked players out when they really did have a combat report ready.  Better to have it enabled all the time than incorrectly disabled.  i have since implemented much more precise mapping of mission logs (implying mission completion) with mission files.  I should be able to revisit.

One issue is the fact that the two programs are separate.  One can create a mission which would cause the buttons to be greyed out.  Then fly the mission without leaving PWCG.  Now hey return to PWCG and the button is still greyed out because it only gets refreshed when entering the campaign screen.  There should be a way to implement a notification that control has been given back to the PWCG screen.

Hello,
I made the modification with Notepad ++ of the mission file,

replace
= 0,6;
with
= 0.6;

Hello,

Now the mission is launched ..

Thanks Pat if you can change PWCG to stop doing this