Jump to content
PatrickAWlson

PWCG 6.3.0 Released - BP is on the Rhine Map!

Recommended Posts

Pat,

 

Been flying a Spit Mk Vb Kuban Campaign. 63 Missions into the Campaign.

Attached mission all of a sudden I found myself in the newer Spit MK IX for the first time. My wingmen were in Spit Mk Vb as I should have been.

Pilot Roster now shows me flying Spit MK IX as well. 

Any way to get this Campaign back to Mk Vb?

 

I have attached the Mission files if helps.

dburne Spit One 1943-07-22.zip

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is going to happen for now. 

 

When I did the whole dynamic equipment thing I created the concept of arch types (me109 or spitfire) and developed an upgrade process for squadrons equipped with an arch type.  That sacrificed explicit control of assigning specific types to a squadron.  In the Spitfire we have an odd case - an Archtype that contains two types, only one of which was supplied to the Russians.  i believe the Spitfire is the only plane that has this condition.

 

So what I have to do is designate plane types by nationality, and limit supply based on that designation.  Might take awhile.  In the meantime, enjoy the upgrade apparently accidentally shipped to Russia compliments of His Majesty.  Or just change the plane to a Mk V during the mission.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

That is going to happen for now. 

 

When I did the whole dynamic equipment thing I created the concept of arch types (me109 or spitfire) and developed an upgrade process for squadrons equipped with an arch type.  That sacrificed explicit control of assigning specific types to a squadron.  In the Spitfire we have an odd case - an Archtype that contains two types, only one of which was supplied to the Russians.  i believe the Spitfire is the only plane that has this condition.

 

So what I have to do is designate plane types by nationality, and limit supply based on that designation.  Might take awhile.  In the meantime, enjoy the upgrade apparently accidentally shipped to Russia compliments of His Majesty.  Or just change the plane to a Mk V during the mission.

 

 

 

 

Ok thanks Pat, did not realize I could change the plane for the mission will give that a try.

Have not got my arms wrapped around the Mk IX just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

That is going to happen for now. 

 

When I did the whole dynamic equipment thing I created the concept of arch types (me109 or spitfire) and developed an upgrade process for squadrons equipped with an arch type.  That sacrificed explicit control of assigning specific types to a squadron.  In the Spitfire we have an odd case - an Archtype that contains two types, only one of which was supplied to the Russians.  i believe the Spitfire is the only plane that has this condition.

 

So what I have to do is designate plane types by nationality, and limit supply based on that designation.  Might take awhile.  In the meantime, enjoy the upgrade apparently accidentally shipped to Russia compliments of His Majesty.  Or just change the plane to a Mk V during the mission.

 

 

 

 

I think the USSR did get some MkIX's, but I don't think at the same time the RAF got them - I think the RAF was converting to MkIXs and sending the replaced MkVs to Russia under lend-lease. The random web pages I've found suggest that when MkIX's were given to them under lend-lease, they were deployed to PVO regiments near Moscow, not to the front lines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can always change the service date of the Mk.IX to late 1944 or something in the JSON file.

 

I did this to a few types to avoid getting the La-5 or Yak-1b too soon.  Can't remember off-hand which folder it's in.  

Edited by Napping-Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Napping-Man said:

You can always change the service date of the Mk.IX to late 1944 or something in the JSON file.

 

I did this to a few types to avoid getting the La-5 or Yak-1b too soon.  Can't remember off-hand which folder it's in.  

 

That is probably easiest.  I used the accurate introduction date for the Mk IX, which means supply begins to British squadrons.  Since Brits are only active in mid/late 44 and Russians didn't really get them it is probably fine to play with the dates and kick the can down the road until British new product forces a rethink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

help !! :) 

image.png.74910589d64c583cef85862e94a827ad.png

 

Got this when trying to install version 5.x downloaded tonight. I did have an older version installed though but chose to overwrite the files. Is this where I went wrong ? log file attached

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’n my Stalingrad campaign I had run into problems where I couldn’t assign the skins I wanted because the g2’s most of my guys are flying wasn’t a choice in skin mgmt. only g4’s showed and we had just 2. Now after two mission with the new pwcg version we received more g4’s and the g2’s were available in skin mgmt. Thanks for taking care of that one Pat. 

 

I havent tried the Bodenplatte campaign. Can’t seem to get into flying P47’s on the Stalingrad map with no English speaking pilots. Nonetheless it a great way to enjoy the new planes till the actual Bodenplatte is here. Pretty darn creative! 

Edited by TheSNAFU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, =11=Herne said:

help !! :) 

image.png.74910589d64c583cef85862e94a827ad.png

 

Got this when trying to install version 5.x downloaded tonight. I did have an older version installed though but chose to overwrite the files. Is this where I went wrong ? log file attached

PWCGErrorLog.txt

 

Based on the error logs it looks like you were trying to make a new campaign.  If this is happening for every attempt then try a clean install (delete PWCGCampaign and reinstall).  You can keep your campaigns as they are backwards compatible.  If not on every attempt can you tell me which squadron, map,and date?  If I knew that it would be easy to recreate.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

Based on the error logs it looks like you were trying to make a new campaign.  If this is happening for every attempt then try a clean install (delete PWCGCampaign and reinstall).  You can keep your campaigns as they are backwards compatible.  If not on every attempt can you tell me which squadron, map,and date?  If I knew that it would be easy to recreate.

 

As for the campaigns I always remove them from the PWCG folder to my desk top along with settings before deleting the old folder.  After the new version is installed I then reinstall my saved campaigns and settings into the their new folder.  I don't know is that makes extra work for me or not but it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

@Taxman I do the same

 

That's probably where i went wrong, I just overwrote the existing contents I'll try it tonight thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, =11=Herne said:

 

That's probably where i went wrong, I just overwrote the existing contents I'll try it tonight thank you

 

It could be a real issue related to creating a campaign on a specific time/date.  If it happens again please tell me the squadron, map, and especially the date.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat, I deleted my previous PWCG folder, and started over. The program launched fine, and I was able to successfully create a bobp spitfire career with 66 squadron.

 

I had a warning that text logging was disabled and followed the instructions to turn it on but think I forgot to save the file, as after the mission it told me it was still off. So I changed it and made sure it saved this time and flew the same mission again. can't remember what happened next exactly, but there was a some problem so I just decided to scrub the mission, as it was ground attack and I wanted some air to air. 

 

Mission scrubbed ok, next mission appeared to be successfully generated ok, but did not show up in my game mission library, only the previous ground attack mission was there. Pretty sure it's my fault. 

You try to make something idiot proof, but there is always a "better" idiot lol, in this case it's me. 

 

Any ideas ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, =11=Herne said:

Hi Pat, I deleted my previous PWCG folder, and started over. The program launched fine, and I was able to successfully create a bobp spitfire career with 66 squadron.

 

I had a warning that text logging was disabled and followed the instructions to turn it on but think I forgot to save the file, as after the mission it told me it was still off. So I changed it and made sure it saved this time and flew the same mission again. can't remember what happened next exactly, but there was a some problem so I just decided to scrub the mission, as it was ground attack and I wanted some air to air. 

 

Mission scrubbed ok, next mission appeared to be successfully generated ok, but did not show up in my game mission library, only the previous ground attack mission was there. Pretty sure it's my fault. 

You try to make something idiot proof, but there is always a "better" idiot lol, in this case it's me. 

 

Any ideas ?

 

Unfortunately that's the game.  Once you load a mission it creates a binary version somewhere and caches it.  So once you load a PWCG mission into the game you're kind of stuck with it.  You can take a days leave and start another mission (PWCG uses date as part of the mission name so the game will see it as a new mission). 

 

An alternative is to load the new mission into the mission editor and then save it.  This will overwrite the binary and the game will read the new mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

Unfortunately that's the game.  Once you load a mission it creates a binary version somewhere and caches it.  So once you load a PWCG mission into the game you're kind of stuck with it.  You can take a days leave and start another mission (PWCG uses date as part of the mission name so the game will see it as a new mission). 

 

An alternative is to load the new mission into the mission editor and then save it.  This will overwrite the binary and the game will read the new mission.

 

In my experience, while the mission in the list will still be labeled e.g. "GROUND ATTACK", if you fly it after regenerating, you should actually get the new mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Murleen said:

 

In my experience, while the mission in the list will still be labeled e.g. "GROUND ATTACK", if you fly it after regenerating, you should actually get the new mission.

 

ohhhhhh . . .. .I didn't try that !

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not had luck with that without going through the ME.  In my experience the original binary is used and not the new text mission file.  Anyhow, give it a try.  Things change.  If it doesn't work then the workarounds are simple enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:good:

 

Just wanted to comment - I have had an incredibly great time in PWCG 5. Started a new Campaign after getting this rig built about a month ago.

I am now 68 missions into my Spit Kuban Campaign and it has truly been fantastic. Even more amazing is out of these 68 missions, I have only had one - that is right only one - mission that resulted in no enemy aircraft activity that I could find. 

It was not that long ago ( few versions back), that I would run across that much more often. Certainly has been no lack of action in recent weeks and am loving it!

 

Thank you both Pat and Murleen for all the advances you have made and continue to make in this great program!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok this is odd, I edit the mission text log in the startup.cfg to 1 instead of 0 and save the file

 

reopen the file and I can see that it has saved

 

restarted pc this morning and startup.cfg now shows the mission text log has a value of 0 ?

 

I'm not going crazy . . . ..am I ? ;)

 

Edit: was able to complete my first sortie this morning and generate another. I've made a mental note to check the startup.cfg next time I boot up my pc. 
 

Very nice sortie, very much looking forward to trying co - op. I noticed a cold start build on the PWCG download web page. Tempted to give it a go if it's reliable, has anyone else given that a try ? I do like the taxi to runway.

 

Edited by =11=Herne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cold start is messed up.  I meant to post the experimental version but I didn't put the PWCG exe into the package.  Have yet to fix that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone see this before?

Flying the Spit Mk V in my Kuban Campaign.

Have had this happen twice now, both times it was the MC 202's that were effected.

 

Come upon a flight of MC 202's, get behind them and they do not even try to evade. However, firing machine guns or cannons has zero affect on them, like the bullets are just bouncing off of them. They are indestructible, no damage whatsoever.

This mission I just flew the flight even had the red square around one of them to signify they were the target.

 

Don't know if this is an IL-2 thing or a PWCG thing?

Have attached the mission file if it helps.

dburne Spit One 1943-07-30.zip

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

attached an error log. I had a similar warning as above on accepting mission. This would be mission 3 of my bobp campaign, really enjoying it so far. Should I just scrub mission and try again ?

PWCGErrorLog.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, =11=Herne said:

attached an error log. I had a similar warning as above on accepting mission. This would be mission 3 of my bobp campaign, really enjoying it so far. Should I just scrub mission and try again ?

PWCGErrorLog.txt

 

Yeah, post the error, scrub it and do another. Thanks forposting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PWCG 5.1.2

Packaged over 70 skins for squadrons - thanks to the skin creators for making these available.

Configured squadron files to use the skins.

Skins and updated PWCG are available for download at the PWCG site

  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

PWCG 5.1.2

Packaged over 70 skins for squadrons - thanks to the skin creators for making these available.

Configured squadron files to use the skins.

Skins and updated PWCG are available for download at the PWCG site

Thanks for the skins.  Where would the skins be installed?  In the main game data or into PWCG data folder?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The skins have to be in the game's skin folders.  The skin archive file is designed to be unzipped into the game's main directory.  The archive has the data/graphics/skins/<plane> directory structure in it, so just download to your BoS folder and extract there (I use 7Zip "extract here" command).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the updates!  And for the Cold Start version...although I just realized that's probably only for Multiplayer...doesn't seem to work for SP.

 

The Skin Pack is a great addition!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cold start is intended to work for SP.  It is very experimental.   I did try it and it kind of worked.  Was awhile back but I remember some oddities like one of the AI planes not starting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oups sorry...I looked for information without finding anyone...what is the cold start Campaign? I've seen it avalaible for download but what is it? I have PWCG 5.1.2  and I play as single player. Thanks for answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing on 5.1.1 kuban map ground attack mid 1943. It seems to be spawning trains away from novorossiysk train line on the beach in a pile? Also AA in the beach further around the bay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

The cold start is intended to work for SP.  It is very experimental.   I did try it and it kind of worked.  Was awhile back but I remember some oddities like one of the AI planes not starting. 

 

Hmmmm...I've tried multiple airfields flying for the VVS, and I always start on the runway.  Is there a config line I need to change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also what happens if I have the new skins installed and my coop player doesn't? will it upload all the skins from my machine to theirs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess i've found out what cold start means : plane not starting on runway with motor runing and warmed but plane starting parked with motor cold...to start engine : throttle 10% ,small propeller pitch, mixture, temperature warmed enough, taxing on the runway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great work and updates... I permit one request, is it possible to add the free French fighter squadron 3 Normandie which was operational in Russia from March 22, 1943 to May 8 1945, it would be great...

Edited by R7-S276

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just installed PWCG  for the first time and all went smooth till I tried to start the campaign.  I get an error stating that I must change the Startup.cfg file to 

 "Mission_text_log = 1 "    which I have done. And I still get the error. 

 

I also noticed when I installed PWCG it said I didn't have it installed in the right Directory. I installed it into my Game directory in steamapps/common/ il2sturmovk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Pat. Think I need your help here.

 

I did a fresh install of PWCG (the one with the cold start option) but cant create a new career.

 

"No service found for id=10102"

 

Error log is attached.

 

before I forget, the old "smoke objects floating in the sky" bug is back....

 

 

PWCGErrorLog.txt

2019_2_26__22_55_33.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...