PatrickAWlson

PWCG 6.0.1 Released - Bug Fix Round

On 1/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, Napping-Man said:

I must be blind...I just noticed the "experimental" Cold Start version.  However, the ZIP file has no EXE file included.  Is this not available right now?

And PWCG is still the best third-party app for any sim...

OF.  ALL.  TIME.    😄

Echoing his question, has cold start/taxi been incorporated?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Glad it's working.  When I add a plane there are a number of things that have to hang together.  I always test in game before I declare a plane to be working.  With the BoBP planes I have not yet done that testing so there is a much higher probability of error.  However, if it worked then it looks like I got the Spit IX right :)

Next steps are to create a Bodenplatte campaign on the Stalingrad or Moscow map.  That means properly adding the US and Britain as countries (graphics, names, images, services), defining the Bodenplatte units, etc. etc. etc. Once that is done I will say for sure that the new planes work.  Two weeks.  Be sure.

Legendary!!

;)

In the missions of U2VS, a training aircraft with a non-armed cadet is always at the start. Armament appears on the player's plane only when he chooses an airplane with a defensive turret. would you like to correct this misunderstanding? How did you understand me? Sincerely.

:blush:

Many thanks for the latest version, Patrick.

Mike.

Edited by Dogbert1953

On 1/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, Napping-Man said:

I must be blind...I just noticed the "experimental" Cold Start version.  However, the ZIP file has no EXE file included.  Is this not available right now?

And PWCG is still the best third-party app for any sim...

OF.  ALL.  TIME.    😄

On 2/1/2019 at 4:30 PM, Picchio said:

Echoing his question, has cold start/taxi been incorporated?

Thank you!

Sorry to ask again; I tested the Cold Start version available on PWCG's website, but it doesn't seem to work with the latest version (haven't tested it with a previous one). Is it correct to just use copy-paste the Cold Start version onto the new release folder?

If not, is there a way to get it to work with 5.0.5?

Edited by Picchio

The cold start version is standalone.  It should not be installed with or over 5.0.5.  You can install it separately (just put it in a different directory - i.e. PWCGColdStart).

There is some work from Murleen that i need to merge into PWCG main.  Cold start is part of that.  We have to make sure that cold start does not break existing functionality.  Once we are confident we can merge it into PWCG main and let people play with it as something other than a standalone experiment.  No timeline and no promises.  We both do this part time so it can be a challenge getting to all of the different things that we would like to do.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

The cold start version is standalone.  It should not be installed with or over 5.0.5.  You can install it separately (just put it in a different directory - i.e. PWCGColdStart).

There is some work from Murleen that i need to merge into PWCG main.  Cold start is part of that.  We have to make sure that cold start does not break existing functionality.  Once we are confident we can merge it into PWCG main and let people play with it as something other than a standalone experiment.  No timeline and no promises.  We both do this part time so it can be a challenge getting to all of the different things that we would like to do.

Got it, Pat. Thanks for the reply. There's an issue, though, as pointed out by another user: there is no .exe in the Cold Start version. So how does it work?

Thanks again!

Hi Pat....I am unable to get the P47 to work....keep getting the error....

PWCG Error msg...
Mon Feb 04 12:41:22 EST 2019
pwcg.core.exception.PWCGException: No payload for plane p47d28
    at pwcg.campaign.ww2.plane.payload.BoSPayloadFactory.createPlanePayload(BoSPayloadFactory.java:222)...I am guessing that the payload was not linked to something...all other BOBP planes seem to work...just thought I would say something since no one else noticed......But thank you very much for  putting the new planes in....:drinks:

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:39 AM, Torsion said:

In the missions of U2VS, a training aircraft with a non-armed cadet is always at the start. Armament appears on the player's plane only when he chooses an airplane with a defensive turret. would you like to correct this misunderstanding? How did you understand me? Sincerely.

:blush:

I can confirm this. Just flew my first U-2VS mission and the three aircraft in front of me in the flight (I am Serzhant) took neither the rear gun or bombs, although they were supposed to.

I'll look into it.  By default the U2 is unarmed. You have to give it the bomb and the gun.  The intent is that in PWCG they would always have both.  Always possible that I messed up a setting.

I have just installed PWCG for the first time, and what a fabulous enhancement to the game it is.  Simply an unending supply of new campaigns and missions to provide continued challenge and variety to IL2 and ensure it never becomes stale.  Many congratulations and thanks for your amazing efforts.  Just a couple of questions at this stage.

1. I have downloaded the PWCG Music file, but don't know where to put it - I installed it in the PWCG folder but no luck (I've ticked the music boxes in the set up screens)

2.  Having generated a mission, do you have to exit PWCG and then open IL2, or can you simply minimise it?  And in game, once a mission has finished, so you have to exit the game or is there some way of generating a new mission (or re-flying an existing one) without completely exiting the game?  A small point I know - just being lazy and trying to cut corners!

Mike

In PWCG once you have accepted the mission, you minimise PWCG. Once the mission plaid you can push together Alt and Escape and the game will minimise too. Then you open PWCG you click on combat report and claims your victory if any. You start the debrief then click on debrief finished what leads you to the main panel of PWCG where you can click on Mission to play the next mission. One that mission configured, waypoints number of wingmen and so on you click on accept the mission and minimise PWCG again and so on.

Check your six! Yep PWCG is really a great tool.

Azdack has said it well.  PWCG interacts with the game only through mission files (generated by PWCG) to fly the mission and log files (generated by the game) to do AAR. 

The only thing to be aware of is that the game checks for new mission files when the missions button is pressed.  If you are in "Missions" and you generate a new mission in PWCG, it would not show up in the menu.  You have to exit "missions" in the game and return to see the new mission.

Music: it unzips into the PWCG directory.  If it is installed correctly there will be a folder "Audio" with wav files in it directly under the main PWCG directory.  The audio files also come with sound effects ... pages turning, chatter on briefing and debrief, etc.  The sound effects and music are independently controllable.

On my system it looks like this:

The game is installed at c:\BoS

C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio

"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\Stapling.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\TabChange.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\titletheme.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\Typewriter.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\win.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\alliedcampaign.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\axiscampaign.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\battleprepnohorn.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\BookOpen.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\BriefingEnd.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\BriefingStart.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\BriefingStartAlt.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\lose.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\MedalCaseOpen.wav"
"C:\BoS\PWCGCampaign\Audio\PageTurn.wav"

Thank you both - sorted and all working normally now, and I'm enjoying the music and time-saving!

Mike

First, the combat generator is outstanding although I have a few problems tweaking the missions.  But, experimenting will solve that.  My main issue involves minimizing the IL-2 game.  I have tried using the ALT + ESCAPE keys method described in the preceding.  It does not, however,  minimize the game.  Anyone know another method?  Opening and closing IL-2 is tiresome.  Thank you in advance for any assistance.  

Personally I just leave PWCG running at the chalkboard screen and alt-tab between IL-2 (on the main menu) and PWCG.

I've found this works from fullscreen or from windowed just as well. At one point alt-tabbing from IL-2 under any circumstances caused a crash, but that seems to have rectified itself without any input from me.

PWCG 5.1.0

The Western front in WWII comes to PWCG with Bodenplatte on the Stalingrad map. 

All available Bodenplatte planes are included.

Airfield names changed to match western names.

Squadrons are correct.

Squadron equipment mapped from actual to available (i.e. P51 squadrons are flying P47s)

- Will be changed as new planes are introduced.

Fixed: U2 payload.  Now has bombs and gun.

On 2/8/2019 at 3:54 PM, 216th_Cat said:

I can confirm this. Just flew my first U-2VS mission and the three aircraft in front of me in the flight (I am Serzhant) took neither the rear gun or bombs, although they were supposed to.

Fixed in PWCG 5.1.0 - just posted.  Least I could do after you gave me the plane :) 

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Fixed: U2 payload.  Now has bombs and gun.

Great - thanks Pat :good:. Now to carry on with the campaign. Cheers. :drinks:

Working perfectly now, Pat thank you.

An excellent bit of kit.  😎

Mike.

In 5.0.5 I seem to get bomber spawns that just circle at high altitude for the entire mission. Not sure if this is intended? Happened in several missions across different campaigns (ground attack). 

2 hours ago, The_Enclave said:

In 5.0.5 I seem to get bomber spawns that just circle at high altitude for the entire mission. Not sure if this is intended? Happened in several missions across different campaigns (ground attack). 

That has been reported in earlier versions.  It seems to be intermittent and I do not know the cause at this point.  On the to-do list.

7 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

That has been reported in earlier versions.  It seems to be intermittent and I do not know the cause at this point.  On the to-do list.

Thanks. Amazing tool though, can’t wait to try your Bodenplatte mode today. 

Hello,

It is not possible to install PWCG in another folder than main BattleOfX directory.

Could it be possible to add

• an option to install PWCG in another directory than in the main game directory ?
  • an option to create a sub dir for mission in <BOX_ROOTDIR>\data\Missions ?

Just some ideas (not at all necessary to appreciate your apprecated tool).

Best Regards

Edited by KpaxBos

@KpaxBos I had that once upon a time but it caused way more confusion than it was worth.  

Does the game read mission subdirectories?  I never even though to try that.  If it works then yes, a PWCG subdir would be a good thing.

Hello,

Game reads subdir in Mission folder.

Example:

2019_2_16__18_38_4.jpg

If it is what you asked.

Have fun

Edited by KpaxBos

40 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Nice - thanks.  Didn't know that.  Dropping the mission files into a  PWCG folder might help keep things sorted

I agree here. Another one to help in that regard might be to read mission files from the location that is in startup.cfg [KEY = system] text_log_folder.

10 minutes ago, JG4_dingsda said:

I agree here. Another one to help in that regard might be to read mission files from the location that is in startup.cfg [KEY = system] text_log_folder.

Not sure what you mean by "read mission files" ... never mind ... you mean mission log files.  Yes. 

15 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

you mean mission log files.

Sorry, Patrick, I was not very precise there. Yes, I meant the mission log files.

Another question, I’ve noticed occasionally that ground forces will either despawn or respawn if I stay in the area for a certain amount of time. Is that intended? A bug? A limitation? Just me outstaying my welcome during ground attack?

thanks!

@The_Enclave

Should just be AAA that does that.  As currently designed.  Could be designed better (has to do with making AAA units pop up and go away based on airplane proximity to use as few resources as possible) but it's not a high enough priority to take on something that complex.

PWCG 5.1.1

Modified PWCG to understand the difference between end of production and withdrawal from front line service.  Should help get newer types to the front faster.

Fixed: modifications for P47

Fixed: modifications for Spitfire IX

Verified squadron assigned skins work

Verified user assigned loose skins to squadron mates work

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would someone mind explaining a bit about the co-op side of things to me. Do both members need to have PWCG installed or does one person generate the missions and then use the co-op in game to set up the sortie ?