Jump to content
PatrickAWlson

PWCG 5.0.4 Released

Recommended Posts

Played a while today and found the ai to be mixed. PWCG ai at default. Some of Russian fighters were natural born killers some easy pickins. Bombers didn’t seem notably different for the most part. They seemed to take a lot of hits before any effort to evade. Not sure if they were different than before. I changed PWCG ai to lower experience and the enemy fighters got noticeably easier to down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TheSNAFU said:

Played a while today and found the ai to be mixed. PWCG ai at default. Some of Russian fighters were natural born killers some easy pickins. Bombers didn’t seem notably different for the most part. They seemed to take a lot of hits before any effort to evade. Not sure if they were different than before. I changed PWCG ai to lower experience and the enemy fighters got noticeably easier to down. 

 

Thanks for checking on your end.

Not sure what is going on with my end of things, coming upon some really tough 109 AI at any level of late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dburne said:

Thanks for checking on your end.

Not sure what is going on with my end of things, coming upon some really tough 109 AI at any level of late.

 

Maybe you've worn out the Germans and they're down to throwing their best instructors into the fight!

Edited by TheSNAFU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

… guess you all fly fighter missions/campaigns, don't you? We actually fly a dive bombing campaign, but since 5.04 we unfortunately do not face any russian fighters at all. Sometimes some PE2 show up, fly past and will get downed by 109s escorting us.  Guess I still haven't found correct settings. :scratch_one-s_head:

Edited by Black-Hussar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Black-Hussar said:

… guess you all fly fighter missions/campaigns, don't you? We actually fly a dive bombing campaign, but since 5.04 we unfortunately do not face any russian fighters at all. Sometimes some PE2 show up, fly past and will get downed by 109s escorting us.  Guess I still haven't found correct settings. :scratch_one-s_head:

I am flying on the other side an Il2 1941 campaign, and I occasionnally meet ennemy fighters, which I take as an opportunity to find new names on the squadron roster

Edited by jeanba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2018 at 8:58 PM, TheSNAFU said:

 

Maybe you've worn out the Germans and they're down to throwing their best instructors into the fight!

 

Lol you may be right, I am 67 missions into my campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 1:46 AM, Black-Hussar said:

… guess you all fly fighter missions/campaigns, don't you? We actually fly a dive bombing campaign, but since 5.04 we unfortunately do not face any russian fighters at all. Sometimes some PE2 show up, fly past and will get downed by 109s escorting us.  Guess I still haven't found correct settings. :scratch_one-s_head:

 

Fighter contact is intentionally suppressed in ground attack/bombing/dive bombing missions.  There is an advanced config that allows you to generate more fighter contact - I will look it up later when I have the opportunity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pjmack11377 said:

Newbie here.  Can this load the spit ixe?

Not available in any campaign at this time quick missions only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2018 at 8:10 PM, pjmack11377 said:

Newbie here.  Can this load the spit ixe?

 

PWCG will be extended to BoBP, but that can't happen until a map is available, which might not be for quite some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat when you have time can u look at AAA? I have ground set to medium. Random ground and 10x AAA is at 0 as they slow things down too much with some stuttering for me particularly in ground attack missions. Seems medium would generate reasonable ack ack but I get almost none. Is there something I’m missing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 6:30 AM, Almenas said:

Are you planning to add the U-2?

 

Merry Christmas!

 

Honestly, it's pretty low priority.  As with everything else I would like to get to it, but this one, like the Ju52, is going to take awhile.  I am going to have to create night missions for it and learn exactly how they were used, then implement that into PWCG.  Other aircraft are much easier to integrate because their usage is already defined and the mission profiles don't have to be written.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:19 PM, TheSNAFU said:

Pat when you have time can u look at AAA? I have ground set to medium. Random ground and 10x AAA is at 0 as they slow things down too much with some stuttering for me particularly in ground attack missions. Seems medium would generate reasonable ack ack but I get almost none. Is there something I’m missing? 

Can you post a mission without AA?  I play on medium ground setting and I feel like I see plenty of it near the front, so I need an example of what you are experiencing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to do it Pat. Do you just need the mission file?

 

Merry Christmas all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

Glad to do it Pat. Do you just need the mission file?

 

Merry Christmas all! 

 

Just the mission file.  I want to see where AAA is being placed or not being placed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat,

 

The attached mission file is a patrol mission in August 42 with JG52 at Stalingrad. In the mission we encountered IL2's attacking ground forces on the front lines. During the mission I was over the front much of the time and in Russian territory for a good while too. During the fight with the IL2's I was very low at one point and saw light AA for a brief few seconds which did fire at a Russian plane I was pursuing but as far as AA that was it. No heavy AAA at all that I saw and only that one short instance of any AA at all from what I saw. I took time after disengaging to fly around the front at different altitudes but saw no AA during that time.

 

Maybe my install is borked? All else with PWCG seems to be working properly.

 

Thanks for taking a look.

 

 

 

 

 

Blau 1942-08-18.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got an error after a mission where my pilot was wounded and promoted to lieutenant

Here is the campaign + error log

 

Thank you in advance

 

Edit : I can continue my career if I request and accept a leave of the duration of my wound

 

Lafive.zip

Edited by jeanba
founbd workaround

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: Does the latest version of PWCG have the newest planes? I don't care which map we use, just want to fly the newest plane set. If not, how can I easily add the plane of choice to my career? (Only wanting to modify my and my squad's plane to a BoBp plane.)

Edited by [TWB]Sketch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat will have a better answer but no the new planes have not been added to PWCG yet. He has announced plans to add them. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not added the newest planes because there is no environment in which they can be used.  Since PWCG is a campaign that implies some historical context for the planes.  Without the maps I don't have that context.  At some point I could do the software development required for the new planes.  That would let others add them to squadrons in a home brew.  This is something that I have to do at some point anyway.  I have been pretty busy on other development so I can't make any promises on a timeline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×