Sign in to follow this  
Stratman59

Saving input configs for each aircraft...please

I like to try all the wonderful planes IL-2 has to offer but it drives me nuts not to be able to save different configs for my controller setups, this can't be too difficult can it?  

• Upvote 3

Salutations,

I completely agree with your disdain for not being able to save plane specific input configurations. I suspect and hope the developers add this capability eventually. :mellow:

I too would like such a feature but actually with the ability to assign up to three things to one command and also because some aircraft share or do not share certain comands/features I have absolutely no conflicts between any of the aircraft using one set up that I never have to change. An example of what im talking about would be the outlet flap for the la5 I have set to be the same button as what I use for water rad on other planes as the la does not have a water rad. Another example would be that I use the same buttons for all the different types of trim/stab.

I find that as this game actually has a relatively low number of commands compared to DCS for example it is really no trouble to get all the most important commands set up in a way that works for all the aircraft with out having to change a thing. Ps I do have a good hot as lol

Edited by AeroAce

It can be done by saving plane specific configs and swapping them in and out as needed. Not the best solution but doable. Someday I'd imagine we'll be able to have multiple setups ingame.

It can be done by saving plane specific configs and swapping them in and out as needed. Not the best solution but doable. Someday I'd imagine we'll be able to have multiple setups ingame.

It can be done by saving plane specific configs and swapping them in and out as needed.

Yes, this can be done but it is very cumbersome.

Edited by Thad

Been a long time since I played RoF but I'm sure I remember it being possible there, or am I imagining it?

It can be done by saving plane specific configs and swapping them in and out as needed.

Yes, this can be done but it is very cumbersome.

It's a simple as copy and paste from a saved file. Inconvenient maybe. The bigger downside is having to restart the game. But until a better solution is built into the game, it works easy enough for me.

ROF has this, so it definitely is possible. Jason, it is time to make this available in the BOX series. I encourage all BOX owners to post here to let Jason and 1C know that this is important to implement in BOX.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1

Agree with Rjel, swapping out the "input" folder, while inconvenient, works pretty well.

Would be nice to have a button to Exit game to the desktop, right now a lot of clicks just to quit (I bounce back and forth between VR and non-VR for various reasons, this would be very nice in those situations).

Would be nice to be able to map the "Escape" key, especially for VR flying.

In a perfect world, the tech talk would read out in appropriate units, for instance, flap extension in degrees rather than per cent, prop RPM setting in degrees rather than per cent, throttle in ATA rather than per cent... and so on...

I would be happy if the game just remembered my convergence and fuel settings for each plane as CLoD does. Just because I use 200m for my fighter it does not mean I want to use that for ground attack. Also some planes need max fuel to last a long sortie while others never need more than 50%

Take it as part of the pre-flight aircraft check to reset everything each time. :P

Otherwise, seconded. How many times I took off with 100% fuel out of forgetfulness, I cannot tell.

Edited by sniperton