[ESUS]Hipocampo08

Map tools

Well I've noticed that somebody else proposed this in 2013, but I think it has passed time enough to allow me to say it again.

It would be awesome to have some map tools, like a compass and a pencil to draw lines and marks.

I do not like to flight with HUD, so navigation trends to be quite complicated this way. If we could just prepare our flight before taking off, and adapt it in-flight, a better simulation would be archieved, in my opinion.

Cheers!

il2 missionplanner is a great tool if you use a second monitor. If you only have one monitor or a VR headset things become uncomfortable. An inganme implementation of the mission planner functionality would be great.

I also hope that the functionality of radio becons and ils becomes less rudimentary with Midway and carrier ops in the pipeline.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

il2 missionplanner is a great tool if you use a second monitor. If you only have one monitor or a VR headset things become uncomfortable. An inganme implementation of the mission planner functionality would be great.

I also hope that the functionality of radio becons and ils becomes less rudimentary with Midway and carrier ops in the pipeline.

I agree an in game mission planner would be great, but two solutions for the second monitor problem...

1) It works just fine in Steam overlay browser, so you can access it easily with Shift+Tab. My IL-2 isn't even a Steam copy, but Steam lets you add non-Steam games in order to use the overlay, so I did that.

2) For VR users, Panthercules and folks have gotten il2missionplanner to work with a $15 tool called OVRDrop, so they are able to pull up the map easily in VR as well.

Of course not as convenient as an in-game solution, but with no concrete plans for anything like it in game afaik, these options are your best bet for the forseeable future.

:salute:

Well I'm in love with il2misssionplanner.com !

As [DBS]El_Marta just said, it'd be great to have an in-game implementation, just for a matter of integration.

But the app is just great! Thanks!

Well I'm in love with il2misssionplanner.com !

As [DBS]El_Marta just said, it'd be great to have an in-game implementation, just for a matter of integration.

But the app is just great! Thanks!

Glad you like it man. If you find bugs or have suggestions, here is the thread for the planner: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/21919-il-2-mission-planner-online-flight-planning-tool-il2missionp/

I have a backlog of like a million things I want to add, tho lately haven't had the brain power to code much outside work, but I'm always interested in suggestions, even if I don't get to most of them.

Also, for anyone with an Android, MAGNUM's android app has even more functionality than il2missionplanner: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/19348-release-il-2-tactical-map-android-app/

• Upvote 1

I think that when viewing the map in flight, it would be handy if the mouse pointer was a protractor, either permanently or as an option. That alone would be a big help.