HRc_AupaOsasuna

Il 2 BoS is better W10 or W8?

Very good I would like to ask a question :) The game is better in Windows 10 or in windows 8, as it uses another program for DirectX graphics.

Thanks for your time.

AupaOsasua

It don't use a different program for Direct X graphics (it uses Direct X, there is no other program)

IMHO Best n Most stable is still Windows 7 Home Premium X64.
Windows 8 has been dropped and never was good for reliable gaming.

Windows 10 is a gimmick like 8 was and bound to flop.
"Gaming mode" is a marketing gimmick for most part.

Also Win10 info about every game you play, site you visit,
program you run and copies of pics you take sent to microsoft servers

Only reason to not use Windows 7 is DX12 Based games (which is not many so far, and those with it only using basic functions.)

I have been running Windows 10 for some time now, no problems for me and runs BoS very well.

Between 8 and 10 I would definitely suggest 10.

• Upvote 2

Also Win10 info about every game you play, site you visit,

program you run and copies of pics you take sent to microsoft servers

Fortunately, that can all be turned off. But you have to keep at it because Win10 updates turn it back on.

Spybot has a great inoculation tool, "Anti-Beacon", that allows you monitor and turn off all telemetry sent to MS.

oh yes if its a choice between the 2 then no contest. Heck windows XP (if it supported dx11) be better than Windows 8 :D

That's a load of crap. Windows XP was a solid OS for its day but it is hopelessly obsolete (32 bit being the biggest offense, also, BSOD was still a thing). Honestly, Windows 10 is better than Windows 7 but you do have to turn off all the Microsoft spyware and ads. They've never turned them back on on my machine though. I check it periodically, but they are always still off. They aren't hard to disable either, in settings there is a main category called "privacy," it's all in there.

To the original question, there is no measurable difference between Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 in terms of game performance with all other things being equal and assuming the game isn't DX12, in which case it won't even run on the older OS's. This has been tested to death by tons of people. At most, there is a 1 fps difference between OS's and that's margin of error territory. I have heard of some problems with the new "game mode" but mostly it seems to do nothing.

• Upvote 1

-snip-

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: Don't accept hardware/software advice from Sshadow. He has given bad, misleading or downright inaccurate advice in every hardware/software thread I have seen him participate in.

He'll probably report me for getting "personal" but it's really about deterring people from taking his bad advice/opinions as fact.

OT: Between 8 and 10 - 10 all day long. I don't think you'll really quantify which is "better" by any means but from an experience/usability standpoint, 10 is a much better OS.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Fortunately, that can all be turned off. But you have to keep at it because Win10 updates turn it back on.

Spybot has a great inoculation tool, "Anti-Beacon", that allows you monitor and turn off all telemetry sent to MS.

Set things in Local Group Policy.

I built a Win10 Pro x64 image I use on my PC/commissioned builds and it's about as flat of a Win10 setup as you can get.

There are also some handy PowerShell scripts for recursively removing/disabling many, if not all, of the crappy Windows Store bloatware that reinstalls with major build updates. (ie. Creator's Edition)

Thank you very much everyone for your answers. I prefer the W 8 that I have installed. From what I read, I see so much difference :)

Thanks for your time.
Edited by AupaOsasuna

No real reason to use Windows 8.x today. Windows 8 was a weird stepping stone towards Windows 10, which is now here to stay (I guess) and where Microsoft's efforts willl be focused. If you don't want to use Windows 10, Windows 7 is the only option that makes sense. (assuming you want to use Windows, that is)

The whole problem is that drivers more and more are concentrating on Windows10. Windows 10 is the main goal OS when developing drivers for actual and future hardware. Only if you do have older hardware before Win8/10 like an sandy bridge CPU/mobo and AMD HD7xxx Vcard, you could considder Win7-64.

On the other hand I did own an i5-2500k/P67 mobo in combination with an HD7970. This rig did use Win7, Win8, Win8.1 & Win10 all 64bit and dispite the P67 mobo did not have availible win10 drivers, I did never see any performance difference all the way from Win7 to Win10.

edit: So I guess if running good, stay with your actual windows os.

Edited by Dutch2

All of it can be turned off..(or most of them) with or without Black Vipers script.. up to you.. 

IF you were to use it,read first, and make a backup too, before using this. 

https://github.com/madbomb122/BlackViperScript

I'm running the latest W10 version, with most of the service's/feature's disabled.

even with a 8700k and 1080ti, i feel an improvement in desktop smoothness, with all of this disabled.

Game runs rock solid.

Edited by icecream