KG_S_MrFies

Stuka Pull Up Automatic

Dear devs,

will you add this function to the ju87 ? it would make it realistic and even older versions like the b2 had it...

No it isn't. If we ever got a B-2, for Murmansk for example, I hope they do. 

I generally hope Jason can free up some Dev-Power at some point to introduce some of the missing, important features, flesh out what we already have. There are so many fun little things, both for the Russian and German Side we are still missing. 

Stuvis, Recovery Automatic, ABs etc. 

And the Russians still waiting to get those little defensive Grenades on Parachutes for their Il-2s. The PTABs were a great start already. 

• Upvote 2

Hmmm ... in that case my apologies and I must have been thinking back to IL-2 1946.

How the time flies ...

(Unlike the Stuka if you fail to pull up apparently.)

Well I've noticed in my few flights in the Stuka that if you deploy flaps and airbrakes before diving, the plane will trend to pull up automatically as the speed increases.
Is that what you mean? I have not fly Stuka many times so I may be wrong!

Well I've noticed in my few flights in the Stuka that if you deploy flaps and airbrakes before diving, the plane will trend to pull up automatically as the speed increases.

Is that what you mean? I have not fly Stuka many times so I may be wrong!

No, certain version of the Ju 87 had an automatic dive recovery mechanism.

This isn't modeled in IL-2 BOX but is modeled in Cliffs of Dover if you'd like to try it.

Edited by Space_Ghost

Would be a great modification someday, not sure when/if we'll ever see it though... (not default since there is evidence of some pilots disabling it)

From what I have read, IRL most pilots had this system disabled as it made their flight path too predictable for avoiding aaa.so maybe not having it functioning is more realistic than having it added?

From what I have read, IRL most pilots had this system disabled as it made their flight path too predictable for avoiding aaa.so maybe not having it functioning is more realistic than having it added?

I think it would be a nice to have, and give the players the choice. If the AAA hits them because of this predicatibility as well in game it would be a good reason to have it off. It doesn't hurt anyone to have it as an option, it's a similar case with the sirens.