Han

Developer Diary, Part 177 - Discussion

This is a viral-meme-in-waiting

I’m pretty sure that picture already is a meme and has been for years.

• Upvote 1

Looks awesome and can hardly wait for the A-20.
Any reason why we can't pre-order the new collector planes?

Interesting.

Plans for the new year are being finalized and confirmed, but we'll maintain the suspense a bit more, all we can say now is that they'll definitely amaze you.

Rise of Flight 2.0 CONFIRMED!  Maybe? RoF kites added to BoX? IL-2 Battle of New Guinea? A Typhoon then?

Ok I will stop now, but I'm excited!

Maybe the surprise is that the third party builders have finished the PO-2 model and 1C are now working on the FM for it.  They will have been working on the PO-2 about  4-5 months by then. More exciting would be that they have also finished the LI-2 model!  I would love a VVS equivalent to the JU52 and the DC3 will probably be needed for their Pacific expansion at some point.

• Upvote 1

I would find even minor details exciting, like the ability to switch through different fuel tanks to check fuel levels. I'd love that.

Seconded. This would be a great (and hugely useful) feature. And essential in the case of the Spitfire which only displays the fuel level when a button is pressed. The current system of only displaying the fuel level every so often at random doesn't work.

• Upvote 1

I cant wait to see what else they're working on. Drop tanks would be incredible. Either way, I'm staying on with this franchise. For a small team, these folks delivered cool new stuff time and time again, and some of it was very unexpected. On top of that, they keep all of us informed on progress and give us a pretty good window to see their progress. They also have delivered a beautiful sim, that is easy on performance. I will definitely be sticking around for the Pacific. I would preorder the G6 and La-5FN today if the option were there. 

Great work team! :clapping::good:

Edited by =TBAS=CG_Justin
  • Upvote 1

Rof 2? i believe not enough resources. ROF kites in IL2? Could be funny. Maybe we get not the Pacific Scenario. Europa 1944/45 is also an good Option. Devs could save money in developing by the fact 109 and 190 are in the game, so modelling new Models like 109 G6/ASM G10/G14 190 A8/A9 should be easier. No difficult procure japanes data plus expensive translation. With the Western allies you will still catch the american/commonwealth market.

Well I do want this new Cooperative mode to work ASAP

Me and my friends would like to be able to play missions without having to create a dedicated server, which is quite complicated for a "Eh let's have a flight, I have like 1 hour till leave home". Moreover, dogfigthing in MP servers is fine, but I do like the bombing stuff and bomber-seeker missions with a long range interceptor (Bf-110 e.g), which is completly impossible with the air starts and the respawning in this kind of MP servers. You know, more like a simulation missions with friends.

Looking forward to have more information!

There are at Maximum 8 weeks left until the end of the year 2017 so? Logically, not so long to wait? No?  :salute: 

Please please optimize for better performance in VR!

Let's face it sims are ultimately meant for VR!

We already have the best optimization in any sim for VR. Reduce your visuals or get a faster system to boost frames. There is nothing left to optimize. We spent many months and a big chunk of our budget this year doing just that. Hardware needs to catch up, not us.

Jason

• Upvote 8

Oculus is coming up with an update 4Q this year, an update which includes VR optimization.

I think IL2 VR efficiency is already at second-to-none standard.

We should go after developers of Oculus and HTC with harassment.

You're clearly too Dank for lol

Maybe he meant to write “kok”? ;)

wtf is that

I don’t blame you if that went over your head. I was playing on the term “kek” from World of Warcraft, just with vowel changed, like you did with “lel”.

• Upvote 1

I don’t blame you if that went over your head. I was playing on the term “kek” from World of Warcraft, just with vowel changed, like you did with “lel”.

Here I was thinking this was some crazy Danish thing.

Xaxaxaxaxa.  :lol:

You found a troll that doesn't lel.

What the hell are you guys talking about? Is this nerd talk?

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous at this point. Some of Mr.Fies's posts, or the bandwagon of people replying to it all.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure which is more ridiculous at this point. Some of Mr.Fies's posts, or the bandwagon of people replying to it all.

Is a troll successful if they're being replied to?

Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?

Does a bear [edited] in the woods?

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Does a bear [edited] in the woods?

Yup! That's how I track them.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

In a perfect world with better VR tech and computer that runs it, maybe 

Sorry they are taken , no more left 

I happen to have a couple stowed away under the stairs!! Ha! Ha!

I took a wrong turn somewhere.

Albuquerque. Obviously.

• Upvote 1

I've been to Albuquerque and I kinda liked it.

It was a Bugs Bunny reference. ;)

Will there be a U4 modification on the G-6? (mk108)

Quote from Jason:

I've already confirmed this several times.